Author Topic: Ant-Man and the Wasp  (Read 3120 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Ant-Man and the Wasp
« on: July 08, 2018, 06:58:21 pm »
Better than the first.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 01:14:45 am »
Number 1 at the Box Office tally for the weekend!  :)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 07:38:11 pm »
Fun!  A friend said this one is pitched for a younger audience than the first one and they aren't wrong.  All the science stuff is pretty silly, but it doesn't matter.  They got the first superhero family in the movies now.  Pretty interesting. 

I also wonder if Bill Foster has a son....I know what I would do with him.

I also want TI to get powers.  I guess that's on me.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 08:27:16 pm »
I liked it. It was fun. The way they took a different track with the ending(not post credit ending) was refreshing.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 04:49:13 am »
Movie was really funny. It was a comedy with super heroes in it essentially. Even moreso than Ragnorak as Ragnorak was pretty grim if you look past the funny sh*t.

this movie wasn't grim at all. Even wrapped up happy ending (until post credit lol).

Very low stakes involved, really just two peoples lives (janet and ava). Movie should have came out in the fall though... i bet its box office would have been better.

Action was ok. I think this movie should have abused slo mo cam a bit more than it did. With the phasing and size changing it would have been useful.

It doesn't come close to my favorites in the MCU but really enjoyable.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 09:50:33 am »
Fun!  A friend said this one is pitched for a younger audience than the first one and they aren't wrong.  All the science stuff is pretty silly, but it doesn't matter.  They got the first superhero family in the movies now.  Pretty interesting. 

If TI could be a take on any Marvel B or C list character with powers, who would you choose? (And why?)

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 07:01:50 pm »

If TI could be a take on any Marvel B or C list character with powers, who would you choose? (And why?)
I'd love to see a TI version of Luke Cage.  Or Hawkeye.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 12:33:38 pm »

Wow. The more I think about it, the more i like it. The more it could work. He doesn't have to be heavily buffed to be Cage. Just solid and muscular.
I'd love to see a TI version of Luke Cage.  Or Hawkeye.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 02:25:30 am »

Hmm..

Dave (and Luis and Russian buddy)  could easily be given some helpful, non-lethal powers, not sure what they could be.  they should also be brought into the comics!!  The comics!!   Come on, now!!!

In the DC world, I wouldn't mind seeing him as Gangbuster, if you're going with B-C list heroes.  Beyond that, if you were to have Mister Terrific introduced to the movies, separate from the TV guy, why not? Or you could "remix" John Stewart to fit TI, hey, might as well roll with that!  Also, the Jason Rusch Firestorm if they were to cast a little older (I wouldn't mind seeing him arguing with a dude that nobody can see)..   On the Milestone side of things, I'd love it if he were to play Wise Son hint hint...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 02:33:34 am by Hypestyle »
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 09:21:21 am »
Wise Son and Firestorm are great choices. Capitalizing on T.I.'s speech pattern and distinct vernacular, Firestorm would be hilarious. Wise would be oozing coolness.
It's a No Gangbuster, though.