Author Topic: Panther vs Deadpool mini series  (Read 2989 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: Panther vs Deadpool mini series
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2018, 01:20:20 am »
Hickman would de well if editorial prevented him from using Doom or Reed. Lol.

hahahahahhaha
I can definitely see Ewing on Panther.

I'm with all of the above...even the laughter produced at keeping Doom or Reed out of Hickman's grasp if he's writing T'Challa, because I too suspect that Hickman would job T'Challa to either or both.

But for real, though. R to the H had it right: T'Challa would have killed Doom, and everyone else who seriously threatened Wakanda...much less the world. Remember, protecting the world HAS ALSO BEEN WAKANDA'S SECRET MANDATE; it's just that the rest of the world didn't know this fact, and Wakanda saw no reason to let them in on it.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2018, 01:46:39 am »
Hickman would de well if editorial prevented him from using Doom or Reed. Lol.

hahahahahhaha
I can definitely see Ewing on Panther.

I'm with all of the above...even the laughter produced at keeping Doom or Reed out of Hickman's grasp if he's writing T'Challa, because I too suspect that Hickman would job T'Challa to either or both.

But for real, though. R to the H had it right: T'Challa would have killed Doom, and everyone else who seriously threatened Wakanda...much less the world. Remember, protecting the world HAS ALSO BEEN WAKANDA'S SECRET MANDATE; it's just that the rest of the world didn't know this fact, and Wakanda saw no reason to let them in on it until the arrival of Thanos. On that note and many others? I think that Hickman got Wakanda and T'Challa...but more importantly the rest of the world... exactly right. The White Powers That Be would IMMEDIATELY sell out Wakanda to Thanos in order to preserve themselves from extinction. And the entire supercommunity...capes and criminals...would rally to fight Thanos and The Cull Obsidian with everything they have, as all of their interests inextricably require that Earth exists.

What I think would have happened...and been very interesting to see play out...is that name ultracriminal leaders like DOOM, MAGNETO, BARON MORDO, EMMA FROST, MAYBE ULTRON-[ WHATEVER VERSION IS THE LATEST AND DEADLIEST ], etc etc would rally and unify the entire criminal supercommunity in order to battle Thanos. Hydra. AIM. The Hand. All supercriminal Mutants. Yadda yadda. Coming after Thanos with the single intention of totally exterminating him, and taking all of his tech, power, etc. Letting the supercapes take as many hits from Thanos as possible, while conserving their own supercriminal forces in order to strike at Thanos with maximum force, and to advance their nefarious goal of being the dominant super force in the world.

The supercriminals could very well actually take over the Earth and much of what is left of Existence, if written properly. They could have made a deal with one or more of The Ultimate Ultimates...the incarnations of The 8 Realities...and in return for preserving that Reality from extinction? Said Reality would allow supercriminal ascendancy in that Reality.

I'm looking at you, The First Reality which took [ maybe The Eighth? ] Eternity prisoner under Al Ewing's pen.

This is where I would have started. Having the Marvel heroes battle from every corner against the vastly superior power and dominance of the supercriminals. A supercriminal community which is suddenly without Doom, as Doom...having come to face his instrinsic failures which led him to fail even though he achieved all that he could possibly imagine as God Doom...has had the change of heart that sent him along the path of heroism [ at first ].

This story? Would reintroduce and make very relevant long absent heroes, heroes previously "dead", heroes that Marvel didn't quite know what to do with, etc.

The OG Guardians of the Galaxy. Adam Warlock. The Sentry. Blue Marvel. Rom The Space Knight. Mar-Vell. Star Fox aka Eros son of Mentor, brother of...Thanos. Doctor Voodoo. Blade. Etc etc etc. Would all have much more prominent, much more MU interactive, much more intrinsically understood roles in the maxiseries called something like...but better than...THE SUPER CRIMINAL UNIVERSE. The SCU. The heroes turn the tables on the bad guys, with T'Challa and Wakanda [ we're talking UFALME YA NYOTA Wakanda, KINGDOM OF THE STARS Wakanda as well as 616 Wakanda ] playing absolutely central and pivotal roles. Moondragon and Mentor return. Winter Soldier The Watcher and Nick Fury Sr. return. Captain Marvel, America Chavez and Photon now have very clear roles. Lunella and ReRe have very clear roles. Let's emphasize the Doctor of Biology sub-Pym genius level of Mockingbird, and underscore her very clear role. Elektra would be all over this, revealing at the appropriate time that she and T'Challa had been in contact the whole time that Elektra was a prominent member and enforcer for the criminals of The SCU. Whoever your favorite obscure hero or heroine is? Is back. Bigger badder and bolder than ever, playing a visible and immediately easily grasped role in The SCU. Think I'm kidding? Nope. Even obscure characters like Squirrel Girl and still largely underappreciated and undervalued characters like Falcon, Moon Knight, Triathlon, Black Cat, etc. would be invaluable for their stealth, their less than creatively utilized skills and power sets, and in the abilities of some of them to harness their animal friends as spy networks or obscure but helpful builders, message carriers, etc. The entire A-Force has very clear roles, and is an integral part of the MU as a whole.  At the end of The SCU maxiseries? T'Challa does something fly like he did at the end of Battleworld, and personally reignites...but refuses to personally create and guide, eschewing the God Doom error of Doom...the forces leading to the end of The SCU.

Then we can officially soft reboot the MU as Marvel did.

Would that have been cool? Or nah?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 11:45:49 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2018, 03:40:32 am »
Rom The Space Knight.

Okay... :)

You've got my attention.   Only a special type of reader knows who and what Rom is about.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2018, 07:19:26 pm »
Rom The Space Knight.

Okay... :)

You've got my attention.   Only a special type of reader knows who and what Rom is about.

BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2018, 10:01:28 am »
That was deep S.I.
I like it.
A lot.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2018, 11:39:59 am »
That was deep S.I.
I like it.
A lot.

thank you very, very very much, sir! I really think that there are terrific ideas and terrific ways to address and present and utilize our underused resources in comics. I think I would do a good job with the right comic property. I think MANY of us would...but we're purposely shunted off, hated on, exploited, etc.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 08:35:56 am by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2018, 05:44:04 pm »
I really want to see Redjacks BP take on the comics, as well as another season of BP.. as well as official pointman for the IP

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2018, 08:35:23 am »
I really want to see Redjacks BP take on the comics, as well as another season of BP.. as well as official pointman for the IP

ABSOLUTELY COSIGN THAT!!
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline True Father 7

• Honorary Wakandan
  • The maker the owner the cream of the planet earth
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2018, 02:54:02 am »
So who thought Deadpool was going to own T'challa in this series? Did this man find a cure for death? Cool to see T'challa shown as a genius again ( Coates should take notes) and I loved how he tricked Deadpool with the hologram to get his mom to safety as well as how easy he handled practice against some hologram Avengers while I don't think it would be that easy with the real thangs. Deadpool with that zebra head arm though......lol
"Don't count the days, make the days count"-Muhammad Ali

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2018, 07:00:37 am »
I thought it would be more BP centric, but this has been a pleasant suprise.

#3 starts slow for villain setup, but gets good by the second half.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2018, 07:53:24 am »
So who thought Deadpool was going to own T'challa in this series? Did this man find a cure for death? Cool to see T'challa shown as a genius again ( Coates should take notes) and I loved how he tricked Deadpool with the hologram to get his mom to safety as well as how easy he handled practice against some hologram Avengers while I don't think it would be that easy with the real thangs. Deadpool with that zebra head arm though......lol

I confess that I had some worries that T'Challa might get T'Chumped in this series, but not anywhere near the dread i had before the movie BLACK PANTHER dropped. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think that the 616 may actually be tilting toward presenting the standard for T'Challa as a very formidable person who's NOT to be jobbed...unless it's to Doom, or Reed, or someone. The latter part? Is why I'm not really sold on Marvel's current view on BP. Until T'Challa merks Doom and others like DOOM in the 616, and does it more than once? I'm not onboard.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2018, 08:10:06 am »

I confess that I had some worries that T'Challa might get T'Chumped in this series, but not anywhere near the dread i had before the movie BLACK PANTHER dropped. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think that the 616 may actually be tilting toward presenting the standard for T'Challa as a very formidable person who's NOT to be jobbed...unless it's to Doom, or Reed, or someone. The latter part? Is why I'm not really sold on Marvel's current view on BP. Until T'Challa merks Doom and others like DOOM in the 616, and does it more than once? I'm not onboard.

When you have an IP that is worth it's weight in Hollywood gold, execs start to look at you differently. lol.
Alluvasudden, Black Panther is the shiznit! That fact finally dawned on them.

I, too, wait, for his major solo achievement against the original big bads.
Until Redjack is running the Marvel comics Panther-verse, yall keep me posted. 2nd & charles keeps calling me about my Panther books. I keep tellin' them to stop pulliing them. lol.
If i wasn't so broke, i'd go get that Panther vs. Deadpool.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2019, 07:20:10 am »
Good issue today. More dialogue than action, but definitely fun.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2019, 09:37:02 am »
Concludes today. Didn't disappoint. I'd put it up for a mini-series of the year nomination.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2019, 05:44:10 pm »
Consign! Most pleasant BP comics surprise since Narcisse and "Rise of the Black Panther!"

Peace,

Mont