Author Topic: Shuri gets her own series  (Read 4706 times)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 09:29:56 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
Re: Shuri gets her own series
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2019, 04:09:23 pm »
Iím cool with it as Ririís comic has been really good and imo Eve Ewing has done a whooooooooooole more for that character than Bendis, thatís not a knock against him but imo during his final Marvel years I think he was burned out especially on writing Miles because whooooooooboi was that last run rough.

Shuri is in this odd place of the Coates stuff was a thing( Iíll be nice and leave it at that ) while MCU Shuri is the embodiment of ďblack girls rockĒ and Iím all for that as theyíre basically trying to find a happy medium for her character. Iíve been buying this series since the start but Iíve only read the recent team up issues with Miles & Kamala( there ainít enough hours in a day ) but I plan to binge the previous issues to see if Iíll keep it or just come back for the Riri team up, I did finally drop Coates run as I havenít read a issue since.........issue whatever Chris Sprouse was drawing

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2019, 04:16:48 pm »
I like what Ewing is doing as well. The first issue for me was rough, but she's adjusted to comic writing very well.

And Saladin is doing comic of the year work with Miles.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2019, 04:21:03 pm »
Ahmedís run is the only comic I subscribe too that Iím consistently reading the day it drops, I heart that comic

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2019, 04:39:08 pm »
I don't know what is going on with the BP/Shuri side of things. They must have a different assistant editorial group than the Avengers, Miles, Riri side of things. Because the quality is noticeable different.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2019, 01:11:38 am »
Iím cool with it as Ririís comic has been really good and imo Eve Ewing has done a whooooooooooole more for that character than Bendis, thatís not a knock against him but imo during his final Marvel years I think he was burned out especially on writing Miles because whooooooooboi was that last run rough.

Shuri is in this odd place of the Coates stuff was a thing( Iíll be nice and leave it at that ) while MCU Shuri is the embodiment of ďblack girls rockĒ and Iím all for that as theyíre basically trying to find a happy medium for her character. Iíve been buying this series since the start but Iíve only read the recent team up issues with Miles & Kamala( there ainít enough hours in a day ) but I plan to binge the previous issues to see if Iíll keep it or just come back for the Riri team up, I did finally drop Coates run as I havenít read a issue since.........issue whatever Chris Sprouse was drawing
Ironheart comes to Wakanda in August. Meeting of the female big brains.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/riri-williams-meets-shuri-when-ironheart-9-goes-to-wakanda-this-august?fbclid=IwAR2_BkHB0foZczQfc4Hd2C5pPy-zNRjFxKnJKEGj3b8w2DbVwg93AUDBTME

Idk that IRONHEART still had her own book. It's very good to see. I haven't read the book since Bendis penned it. My last ish was the ish after Riri met Pepper. Reading that Eve Ewing...is she Al Ewing's wife?...pens it and the positive reviews from the hard to please fans here? I'm definitely going back and getting as much of the whole run as I can. I haven't been into collecting comics for the better part of...too long.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2019, 04:37:08 am »
She's an intellectual similar to Coates which is why I was worried at first. Lol. But she shown that she understands comic writing better than he does.
Reggie Hudlin-

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2019, 08:01:28 am »
She's an intellectual similar to Coates which is why I was worried at first. Lol. But she shown that she understands comic writing better than he does.

Dung in a wormhole shows that it has better understanding of comic book writing than TurnCoates does.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2019, 12:17:50 pm »

Ironheart comes to Wakanda in August. Meeting of the female big brains.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/riri-williams-meets-shuri-when-ironheart-9-goes-to-wakanda-this-august?fbclid=IwAR2_BkHB0foZczQfc4Hd2C5pPy-zNRjFxKnJKEGj3b8w2DbVwg93AUDBTME

Idk that IRONHEART still had her own book. It's very good to see. I haven't read the book since Bendis penned it. My last ish was the ish after Riri met Pepper. Reading that Eve Ewing...is she Al Ewing's wife?...pens it and the positive reviews from the hard to please fans here? I'm definitely going back and getting as much of the whole run as I can. I haven't been into collecting comics for the better part of...too long.

They just happen to have the same last name, just like with Miles and Saladin Riri has been far better served under Eveís pen

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2019, 09:15:36 am »
Shuri was okay, based on #10s cover, she might be getting her powers back for the series ending. Which would make becoming BP for this mini worthless. Lol.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2019, 02:11:49 pm »
Shuri was okay, based on #10s cover, she might be getting her powers back for the series ending. Which would make becoming BP for this mini worthless. Lol.

Nah it wouldn't because the whole point of her being reluctant, immature shuffling away of responsibilities was to have her step up and be BP (again) and prove that even though she was born the wrong gender (she wasn't) she didn't have to live in T'Challas Shadow (she wasn't) and Wakanda doesn't need a BP (it does) because democracy is the future (it's not and never has been or should be for Wakanda) so it was all worth it to come full circle.  :P

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2019, 02:29:57 pm »

Nah it wouldn't because the whole point of her being reluctant, immature shuffling away of responsibilities was to have her step up and be BP (again) and prove that even though she was born the wrong gender (she wasn't) she didn't have to live in T'Challas Shadow (she wasn't) and Wakanda doesn't need a BP (it does) because democracy is the future (it's not and never has been or should be for Wakanda) so it was all worth it to come full circle.  :P

So. This series is garbage. Check. If Marvel doesn't want a garbage series, and they're too doofus to bring back Priest and R to the H? Marvel should give a series to Redjack, Narcisse, Ture, and/or other HEFfas. But that makes too much sense for the comic book side of Marvel.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2019, 06:25:51 pm »
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06/20/is-shuri-canceled-in-july/

This is both a sad and a good thing.

Marvel seems determined to find garbage writers in the comic book medium who are focused on sinking the magnificent franchise of the BP. Imagine if these books were handed over to Redjack, Narcisse, Ture, etc. They'd make a profitable 12 issue maxiseries at the very least. If they could for GOD'S SAKE get TurnCoates off of BP? And put back RH or Priest or Redjack or Narcisse or Ture or even me? With some serious artistic firepower for 15 issues? A hit would be had. And then? We'd have a serious BP COMIC BOOK RENAISSANCE that would be worthy of and build in comics sales upon the magnificent triumphs of MCU BP.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2019, 06:39:31 pm »
Your lips to God's ears.