Author Topic: Photos from the production of EMPEROR  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Photos from the production of EMPEROR
« on: September 19, 2018, 08:07:37 am »
I'm back in town so I can put together a cool post like the one on the main page of the site.  Look at the pictures and come back here and tell me about it!

Offline zadok50

• View Profile
Re: Photos from the production of EMPEROR
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 09:25:12 am »
A great story that has never been told at least as far as I remember, the only story regarding John Brown that always comes to mind is Santa Fe Trail with Errol Flynn and Ronald Reagan it depicted John Brown as a Crazy Lunatic, I am looking forward to a real story about real men with principals who were willing to sacrifice their lives for freedom. The pics tell a story that takes me to a place and time when my family lived in the south and our roots are still there. The guns are interesting I assume it is based on status or region.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 11:03:52 am »
There's always a sense of nobility and leadership in a equestrian shot.  The mossy strewn trees catching sunlight let you know that you're in the Deep South.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 02:40:27 pm »
There's always a sense of nobility and leadership in a equestrian shot.  The mossy strewn trees catching sunlight let you know that you're in the Deep South.

I love this shot so much for all the reasons you said.

Offline erickschroder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 12:43:17 pm »
Really looking forward to this film, Reginald. I've been following the progress of it in the trades and it sounds amazing.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 01:35:06 pm »
Really looking forward to this film, Reginald. I've been following the progress of it in the trades and it sounds amazing.
Thanks!

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 10:07:58 am »
Thanks!

Big Brother Reginald Hudlin, our very own R to the H...Idk how Hollywood works, etc., but I would think that perhaps you might at some point in time consider the story of John Horse, the Afrikan who was part of the heroic warriors who defied and defeated slavery and were miscast as "Black Seminoles". Why? Because unlike John Brown, this brutha fought his wars...AND WON. He defeated the USA army three times running, he has all the breathtaking heroism of leading Afrikans in armed insurrection versus the unmitigated evil of slavery and the slave owners, his tale is inextricably linked with similarly heroic native Americans [ the Seminoles ], he sparked armed and successful bids for freedom in the South AND the North, and he not only escaped into Mexico wherein he stood off the USA Army coming from Texas in dramatic fashion...with the Revolutionary Army of Mexico at his back [ as at that time the people of Mexico knew that they owed a great part of their freedom to the great revolutionary independence gaining geniuses of Haiti, whose light shone brilliantly in newly freed countries of color in the Americas. Almost without exception, all newly free countries from Mexico to South America owed a significant part of their newly gained freedom to the efforts and success of Haiti. The people of Mexico, at that time, knew that without Haiti's success in tying up much of the war machine of Spain, France, etc. that Mexico could not have overcome the remaining formidable soldiers and ships of the war machine of Spain occupying them at that time ]...he and his people lived and died free.

John Kaway [ "Kaway" is the Hitchiti word for "Horse", and that's where we get the name John "HORSE" from ] was probably of mixed heritage, with his father...and "master"...being one Charles Kaway or Cavallo, a Seminole. But slavery in 1812 with the Seminoles was a far cry from European Chattel slavery.

http://johnhorse.com/trail/01/a/05.htm

" Seminole slavery

John Horse was born a slave, but in 1812 Seminole bondage was radically different from southern-style slavery. Under the Seminoles' loose system, slaves and free blacks lived in their own towns, often at a considerable distance from Indian masters. The blacks built villages on the same model as the Indians, living in chickees -- elevated, palmetto-plank homes adapted to Florida's climate and topography. Blacks elected their own leaders and in general conducted themselves more like military allies than slaves."

The "Black Seminoles" are one of the most massive sources in the USA [ imo definitely the most massive source ] of the fighting art of Kipura which they spread throughout the Afrikan American community nationwide. That's how I was able to receive, refine and expand upon the Kipura that is the blood right of all Afrikans in this Hemisphere. I further tailored the various flavors of old skool Kipura my family received and retained from long ago into a signature style of Kipura for my family called Njia Uhuru Kipura..."The Way of Freedom" Kipura. That's the style you see me use in my YouTube Channel videos.

This same old skool Kipura from the Empire of Kongo is the anchor, the source of the fighting arts of The Gullah in The Low country of Georgia etc. originally the Gullah lands stretched all the way to Florida, and were heavily impacted by and participated in the Revolution which John Horse led. This old skool Kipura is the direct author and source of "Knockin and Kickin/Kickin and Knockin",

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/fighting-the-shackles-of-slavery-kicking-and-knocking-in-the-antebellum-south

"Jailhouse Rock", and what is also called "52 Blocks" today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jailhouse_rock_(fighting_style)

In Brazil, the art has been greatly diluted into "Capoeira". In every single island, country, area, district, etc that we have existed, so too do our fighting systems exist. For it is our fighting systems...not some enlightened legislation by Whites...which bestowed our freedoms upon us. Every. Single. Time.

Basically? I'm sayin...let's see a true real life story wherein we fight slavers and slavery...AND WIN FOR A CHANGE. Very few directors and/or producers have any form of hope of pulling off such a powerful, personal, and untold historical truth with the requisite rareified intelligence, sensitivity, storytelling passion, nuance, scope, perceptiveness, truth, thorough respectful historical research, pro[er actor selection, etc etc.

You, R to the H, are amongst the very very very few [ less than ten, probably less than 5 ] who not only can pull this off, but we in the Afrikan American community automatically trust to do so. We will show up in numbers and support your movies on this kind of topic.

So. John Horse. Undefeated. Afrikan American fighting system from Afrika. Untold story that is rigorously historically true, and can even be linked to Wakanda. Unequaled and unsurpassed triumphs against odds that literally no other race at any time in their existence has ever come close to seeing. Plus? It will piss off to the highest levels of pisstivity all Trumpers.

This kinda thing? Has your name all over it.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw