Author Topic: What is this Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda crap!?  (Read 2896 times)

Offline True Father 7

• Honorary Wakandan
  • The maker the owner the cream of the planet earth
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
What is this Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda crap!?
« on: November 02, 2018, 03:38:23 am »
5 issues in and after every one I'm like huh? I guess issue 1 of Shuri explained what happened? I'm still like huh?  Tah Nehisi Coates is the worst thing to ever happen to Black Panther comics. At least I got Avengers, Shuri and BP vs Deadpool because this ish is the worst sh*t ever...............EVER!

"Don't count the days, make the days count"-Muhammad Ali

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: What is this Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda crap!?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 06:15:39 am »
 ;D
hahahahahahahaha...

i feel your pain my dude.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 10:49:59 am »
5 issues in and after every one I'm like huh? I guess issue 1 of Shuri explained what happened? I'm still like huh?  Tah Nehisi Coates is the worst thing to ever happen to Black Panther comics. At least I got Avengers, Shuri and BP vs Deadpool because this ish is the worst sh*t ever...............EVER!

It's Coates horribly mangling my idea which I introduced in my fanfic 6 years ago and on HEF 8 years ago...

http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/index.php?topic=13612.msg184191#msg184191

And they have horribly mangled terrific ideas originated by APEXABYSS and of course Ture, as well.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 07:55:35 am »

Since I'm not getting it... What happened?

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 04:55:24 am »
Tremendous waste of superior art. Coates apparently trying to retell T'Challa's tale as an intergalactic epic, emphasis on trying.

Peace,

Mont

Offline True Father 7

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 02:46:22 am »
Just read issue 6 at the comic shop. Klyntar? N'Jadaka defeats Bast? Ok, I feel like that was supposed to matter to me but............(sighs) never mind. RH please come back to Panther comics, SAVE US!

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 06:43:32 am »
Just read issue 6 at the comic shop. Klyntar? N'Jadaka defeats Bast? Ok, I feel like that was supposed to matter to me but............(sighs) never mind. RH please come back to Panther comics, SAVE US!

Either RH or Redjack.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 10:20:59 am »
Really Redjacks BP has been 100% nore refreshing and accurate to our BP then what we have gotten so far. He should take over the BP main book or get a second ongoing for BP that he is helmong to tell his own story

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 11:47:51 am »

Either RH or Redjack.
Really Redjacks BP has been 100% nore refreshing and accurate to our BP then what we have gotten so far. He should take over the BP main book or get a second ongoing for BP that he is helmong to tell his own story

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline True Father 7

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 12:45:12 am »
who is Redjack?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 10:23:43 am »
who is Redjack?

Geoffrey Thorne on this forum and the CBR he goes by Redjack. He is the writer of BP quest

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 08:45:20 am »
Have enjoyed the intergalactic version of Black Panther and Coates got his job because he has a noticeable following and sold large quantities of Black Panther and is the first to take the character to #1 in sales over all other titles ever.  Something no one else was able to accomplish so that alone is reason to see why he has his job.  Also, it didn't hurt that the movie has won several major awards and made over a billion dollars worldwide.

Think the film plans to take Black Panther to space so Coates is probably following what is in the wings with future Avengers film - a good move.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2019, 11:58:33 am »
Hopefully the film sequel, should it take BP into space, tells a much better story portraying T'Challa and Wakanda in a much better light than Coates has done!?!

My two cents.

Peace,

Mont

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 03:08:26 pm »
The film version of Black Panther is really problematic - he is passive, his intelligence is really low key, he didn't successfully complete his mission to capture Klaw, he sided against the plight of African Americans, etc.  He made me like Killmonger in the movie which never happened in the comic.  So how is the movie a better version of King T'Challa??????

The best representation of BP on film has been in the Captain America movie "Civil War".  Seems like a different character now.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 03:10:04 pm by stanleyballard »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 05:18:18 pm »
The film version of Black Panther is really problematic - he is passive, his intelligence is really low key, he didn't successfully complete his mission to capture Klaw, he sided against the plight of African Americans, etc.  He made me like Killmonger in the movie which never happened in the comic.  So how is the movie a better version of King T'Challa??????

The best representation of BP on film has been in the Captain America movie "Civil War".  Seems like a different character now.

You know me luv you, my brutha stanley...but...

...I'm thinking? Fighting M'Baku and killing Killmonger is pretty much the opposite of passive. I'm thinking? Whoopin off on Klaw, standing down Everett K. Ross and the CIA is the opposite of passive. I'm thinking? T'Challa's initial failure with Klaue is really reflective of how formidable Killmonger is...the same Killmonger who T'Challa hits with a potentially lethal blow that Killmonger himself finishes rather than accept any form of captivity. Standing down his father and ancestors and breaking with previous xenophobic tradition? Opposite of passivity.

I feel the points you're making, I just think that those points are reflective of different causes.

As for MCU Shuri's depiction? Torn. I dislike...intensely...that T'Challa isn't the premier tech megagenius of Wakanda and isn't considered amongst the Top 3 intellects in the world, whereas he is definitely in the top 3 in the 616. T'Challa needs way more of the cool and mystery, etc that Priest gave him. I'm thinking? He'll develop similar stuff to that as the Panther Movie Trilogy continues.

On the other hand? I absolutely love Letitia Wright's Shuri. She pretty much stole the show, if Killmonger didn't do it [ which he did ]. But on the comics side? And I can't believe I'm saying this. But on the comics side? The best combo of Shuri that I groove with is R to the H's base foundation of Shuri  with Coates' Ancient Future added on to it. I'd like to see that happen to Shuri as she grows in the Panther Movie Trilogy, on top of the amazing dopeness that Letitia brings to the role.

I'm still not amused that Hunter ISN'T The White Wolf in the MCU. He woulda KILT that joint, and we need to give Christoper Priest his much much much overdue megaprops with the appropriate MCU bows to his work.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: