Author Topic: new main page with Black Monday, Black Panther on Halloween article and Marshall  (Read 281 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Lots of good new stuff on the main page.  Click over, then come back here and post.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
The annual Halloween "controversies" around race and costumes are fascinating to me. It always indicates how little or how poorly most folks think about race. That is to say, I really like that article about who can wear a BP costume.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Everybody.

I remember being Captain America one year. My dad made a cardboard shield for me. It was all good in the hood.

Also, that interview with Newton Thomas Sigel, the DP for Marshall is a mini-master class on lighting. Good stuff.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The annual Halloween "controversies" around race and costumes are fascinating to me. It always indicates how little or how poorly most folks think about race. That is to say, I really like that article about who can wear a BP costume.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Everybody.

I remember being Captain America one year. My dad made a cardboard shield for me. It was all good in the hood.

Also, that interview with Newton Thomas Sigel, the DP for Marshall is a mini-master class on lighting. Good stuff.
A cardboard shield?  That is dope!  Was the costume homemade or store-bought? 

And that Newton article is incredible for those who want to learn. 

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
Store bought. The shield was the only homemade piece. It was full-size and we hand painted it together. I don't remember any of my other Halloween costumes right now but I distinctly remember that one.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."