Author Topic: THE BALLAD OF BUSTER SCRUGGS  (Read 164 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
THE BALLAD OF BUSTER SCRUGGS
« on: December 02, 2018, 04:16:08 pm »
The new Coen Brothers movie.  In some theaters...and Netflix.  Who has seen it? 

It's an anthology film.  All of the segments are interesting but the first two are like hot hit songs on an otherwise good album.  What do you all think?

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: THE BALLAD OF BUSTER SCRUGGS
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 03:43:38 am »

It's an anthology film.  All of the segments are interesting but the first two are like hot hit songs on an otherwise good album.  What do you all think?

I'll have to check it out, since there's a netflix presence.  I don't think I've seen any of their films besides Hail Caesar.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 05:55:04 am »

I'll have to check it out, since there's a netflix presence.  I don't think I've seen any of their films besides Hail Caesar.
Whoa!  You haven't seen FARGO?  RAISING ARIZONA?  O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU?  These are must see films. 

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 06:40:15 am »

Whoa!  You haven't seen FARGO?  RAISING ARIZONA?  O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU?  These are must see films.

I am with Reggie Reg...you HAVE to see Raising Arizona and definitely Fargo!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 09:55:40 am »
Enjoyed the first 2 vignettes, and was already planning to recommend it to a few family members, but the tone shift after that made me reconsider.
ግሥላ = Panther

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 03:19:58 pm »
Enjoyed the first 2 vignettes, and was already planning to recommend it to a few family members, but the tone shift after that made me reconsider.
Exactly!