• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
FF 544
« on: March 27, 2007, 03:27:46 pm »
LOOK MAH NO SPOILERS!...

PICK...THIS...BOOK...UP.   ;D

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
Re: FF 544
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 03:56:13 pm »
When I get back from space I will ;)

Jenn

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 04:15:08 pm »
LOOK MAH NO SPOILERS!...

Wait a sec! When did it come out? I know BP #26 comes out tomorrow, but FF 544 as well?

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 04:35:35 pm »
LOOK MAH NO SPOILERS!...

Wait a sec! When did it come out? I know BP #26 comes out tomorrow, but FF 544 as well?

yup.  ;)

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Jenn

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 06:07:45 pm »
Awww, F*CK. Anybody needs me, I'll be on the pole.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 06:22:35 pm »
Shoot, with the price of comic books these days we all might as well be on the damn pole.   :(
...Rassclaat.

Jenn

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 06:31:45 pm »
Where I NEED to be is in rehab!  Comics Anonymous! ;D

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 04:47:16 am »
Awww, F*CK. Anybody needs me, I'll be on the pole.

got pics?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Jenn

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 06:47:35 am »
Got spoilers?

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 12:18:43 pm »
Dwayne McDuffie and Paul Pelletier create a dynamic new team with inspired dialogue, a new adventure, detailed art and more than one sub-plot spinning around in a story called "Reconstruction: From The Ridiculous to The Sublime." 

Full Spoilers
Reed & Sue introduce BP & Storm as their replacements in the group while they take an extended "honeymoon".  A new mystery kicks off when Mr. Fantastic discovers that there were 14 bombs planted below the Wakandan Embassy (which clearly explains that Storm's fight with Clor did not damage the building as assumed previously)....BP is surprised too and Tony Stark offers to get to the bottom of the situation.  Later, Deathlok visits BP and explains that a new hero named Gravity recently died and his body is missing.  The New FF travel to meet The Watcher for information on the missing body which leads them to a confrontation with Epoch and ....The Silver Surfer.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 12:36:17 pm by stanleyballard »

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 03:40:09 pm »
Wow, McDuffie took this story from zero to sixty in just a few pages. The only thing that confused me a bit was T'Charlie threatening Uatu with the ultimate tape dispenser nullifier. ??? But the majority of the story is very, very entertaining and well done. I was so drawn into the story especially since it tied into the "Beyond" series (R.I.P. Gravity). I recommend this issue to anyone who enjoys adventure, humor and mystery.

I've grown accustom to the art; Pelletier, Magyar and Mount team up to give the characters expressions that perfectly coincides with what they feel according to the writing.

But, Thing totally stole the show in this issue! Every character had good moments, except maybe for Johnny, but Thing was the man. I'm obviously stealing his T'Charlie term and I wanna Thing avatar!! :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 04:02:06 pm by Toya »
...Rassclaat.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 04:03:20 pm »
Spoilers

If I read it right, the Watcher showed up at T'challa and Storm wedding, bc of their future children.  Hmm, this is an interesting comment in light of the storyline over in the X-books that no new mutant has been born since House of M.  So, either that problem will be solved by the time Storm gives birth (maybe even when Storm gives birth) or these great children are going to be great and human. 

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 04:11:20 pm »
Actually, that is a problem from the end of HOM and remember Wanda "suddenly" developed these larger than life powers to alter the entire planet per one writer's version and with most stories that plot point can be recreated.  For decades all she could do was effect a limited area...like within a specified space and not the whole world....the convoluted idea that her power can expand like this rates right up there with Wolverine recovering within minutes from being burnt to a crisp....beyond belief and not thought out properly for public consumption.  Doubt any effect from HOM will last that long....just like Captain America will soon return (under 5 years).

The nullifier has been in previous FF issues...as far back as Byrne in the 80s and before.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 04:20:53 pm by stanleyballard »

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 05:03:06 pm »
The book was entertaining, but I really think he dropped the ball with the Watcher.  BP threatens Uatu with the Ultimate Nullifier?  Please, everyone there and everyone reading knew he wasn't going to use it, so it wasn't much of a threat.  Also, Uatu seemed way out of character.  Remember what happened when Wolverine wandered in there for a second...how do the FF bust in there and steel the ultimate nullifier leaving Uatu to discuss shrimp cocktail.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 06:31:49 pm by JLI Jesse »

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 06:24:12 pm »
Not sure of all characterization points on the Watcher(s)...they have appeared in a few issues like the Phoenix saga by Claremont, BP #18, their own mini, FF (here & there)....but how much characterization can Mr. McDuffie miss?