Author Topic: Stan Lee Presents : LightSpeed  (Read 5638 times)

Offline In_Spirit

• "Kiss the ring...."
    • View Profile
Stan Lee Presents : LightSpeed
« on: July 27, 2006, 12:23:06 am »
So anyone else catch this Wednesday night or was I the only one?   :P

I wasn't expecting much going in so it wasn't a big let down for me.  LightSpeed was kinda corny , but I thought the villian Python was cool.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: Stan Lee Presents : LightSpeed
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 04:53:03 am »
this must have been on Sci fi channel, huh?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline In_Spirit

• "Kiss the ring...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 09:48:08 am »
Yeah that's the channel.  I'm sure they'll repeat it.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 01:10:25 pm »
I'll have to check listings, for a repeat of the Lightspeed show..

Sunday night at 11 (EST), I saw what I guess was a repeat of the first episode of Who Wants to Be a Superhero—with mastermind/guru Stan Lee as the overseer of a motley cast of would-be superheroes.  Right now there are two black contestants, and they survived the preliminary cut, the “lets introduce everyone” cut, and the night-time “stand before a big marquee image of Stan” cut..

For the length of the competition, they live in a "secret lair" above a garment factory..
The first ‘challenge’ was for the heroes—dressed in civilian clothing, and walking around downtown L.A. (or somewhere west coast-ian)—to find a hidden space to change into their hero outfit, then run to a designated ‘finish line’.  The trick was—there was a young girl—a plant—who pretended to be lost right near the finish line.  The heroes who stopped to help her would soon see a ‘Security Station’ sign, and after helping out the kid, they would get major props from Stan.  Those who ignored or missed the kid— six out of ten—were admonished by Stan, and three were called to plead their case or get bounced.  The disgraced heroes are called up on to ditch (some of) their gear in a nearby trash can.

Dang, I'm jealous-- I sent in an audition a year ago, and talked to some of the production staff, but production kept being delayed, then they finally switched networks and started resoliciting auditions from scratch.. i didn't feel like going through the rigmarole again.. but if the show gets renewed, aha...
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 08:23:56 am »
Dang, I'm jealous-- I sent in an audition a year ago, and talked to some of the production staff,

2 ?'s, Hype

1 -- What network is this on?
2 -- Can you let on a little about your character...? I'm fascinated.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 11:50:36 am »
The show comes on the Sci Fi Channel, normally on Thursday evenings.. and apparently, with repeats on late Sunday night..

Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 12:47:37 pm »
The show comes on the Sci Fi Channel, normally on Thursday evenings.. and apparently, with repeats on late Sunday night..

Interesting concept. I'd definitely continue on with that and fully flesh it out -- you may be onto something. Good Luck with that, man -- and thanks for sharing it with me.