Author Topic: The HEF creates... "The Black Avengers"  (Read 32748 times)

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: The HEF creates... "The Black Avengers"
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2006, 09:11:18 am »
why in the heck were u votin' AGAINST ms reyes then?  huh?
We have to check the 198 i guess in order to see if she still has her powers.  She just disappeared from the scene during claremont's last run...i think it was claremore during the REVOLUTION revamp  (whatever happened to the NEO)

anyway, i like cecilia too.

And yes, Sunspot even spoke.  I remember him being on a rooftop or somethin'...but i do remember him.
if cecelia is still a mutant, can we have her?

I wasn't aware I was voting against Cecilia. I was only promoting those characters I thought would best fit the team  :D

By all means. Cecilia must be a member. She could be the physician in the field while Claire (Temple) Foster can be her base contact. Another plus to having Cecilia Reyes, Sunspot and White Tiger on the team is that it could enhance the team's appeal to the growing Latino fandom out there.

You keep confusing me about who I'm voting for and who I'm not voting for. You should know better than that. You know I'm half crazy as it is  :D
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2006, 05:24:10 pm »
okay...this has gone on 2 days too long.
let's finalize the team's lineup:

Falcon
Brother Voodoo
Goliath
Cage
Photon
Cecilia Reyes
Sunspot

Reserves
Black Panther
Storm

Last chance to make a change.
I need everyone to comment.

*looks at participants*
I don't know if we can use BP & Storm.  Let's look at this as if we're really at Marvel.  Unless Mr. Hudlin says we can use BP & Storm, then we have to move on and get someone else.

Also, since Warren Ellis doesn't post here, Mr. Hudlin can let us know if we can steal Photon from NextWave.

;)

Cool?
cool.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2006, 08:16:48 pm »
What it do, y'all?

Now we need to figure out what where our base of operations will be 'cuz the Wakandan Embassy just won't cut it.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2006, 01:17:35 am »
What it do, y'all?

Now we need to figure out what where our base of operations will be 'cuz the Wakandan Embassy just won't cut it.

As usual, my idea for the base of operations is the best idea. I was right about War Machine. I'm right about the base of operations. Trust me  ::)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2006, 10:58:36 am »
sounds okay, let's go... (secretly waiting for my opportunity to do Black Avengers: Disassembled)...
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2006, 05:49:10 am »
Wait a minute!

Wait just one minute!

MM, you're gonna love this. LOVE it I tell you.

Of course it will involve my changing everything from the ground floor up to the rooftop, but it will be worth it  :)

:)

Psyche!!!!   ;)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2006, 09:11:18 am »
*laffs at Hype's Black Avengers: Dissassembled*

*looks at sin*
whatever dude.
no more lineup changes.

on changes to the base of operations.

and why would we have secretive BLACK (ops) agents working from the dayam Wakandan Embassy?

do you want the world to know that we are teamed up with the Wakandan resources (ie: T'challa and Storm)

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2006, 06:27:10 am »

and why would we have secretive BLACK (ops) agents working from the dayam Wakandan Embassy?

do you want the world to know that we are teamed up with the Wakandan resources (ie: T'challa and Storm)

Haven't a clue MM. You'll have to get with Hypestyle on that one. I believe he suggested the Wakandan Embassy because it might provide the "secretive BLACK (ops) agents" a measure of international, diplomatic immunity.

It was my brilliant, brilliant (and brilliant three times), idea that the "secretive BLACK (ops) agents" be based in an equally highly secretive location...like underground in a non-descript desert area or behind the face of a sheer cliff...that sort of thing.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2006, 03:54:24 pm »
you know what i meant... and a secretive hideout is a good idea... but it can't be one of Fury's old spots becuz they have all been raided.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2006, 07:49:43 pm »
... and a secretive hideout is a good idea... but it can't be one of Fury's old spots becuz they have all been raided.

Of course "a secretive hideout is a good idea". It's the best idea because I thought of it  :D

No. Won't be any of Fury's old spots. No "fixer-uppers" for the BLACK team. It's got to be all brand-new, state-of-the-art  :)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2006, 03:53:37 am »
okay...this has gone on 2 days too long.
let's finalize the team's lineup:

Falcon
Brother Voodoo
Goliath
Cage
Photon
Cecilia Reyes
Sunspot

Reserves
Black Panther
Storm

Last chance to make a change.
I need everyone to comment.

*looks at participants*
I don't know if we can use BP & Storm.  Let's look at this as if we're really at Marvel.  Unless Mr. Hudlin says we can use BP & Storm, then we have to move on and get someone else.

Also, since Warren Ellis doesn't post here, Mr. Hudlin can let us know if we can steal Photon from NextWave.

;)

Cool?
cool.

Hmm, looking at this line-up; I can't help but think-weak.  Yeah, Pulsar is powerful.  Brother Vodoo gives us a mystic trip, but it needs Storm's power and BP's brain to be a real player.  On top of that, you need a physical power-house, someone stronger than either Cage or Goliath.  You need a Hulk/Thor level character.  We probably would have to create it, though.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2006, 12:37:52 pm »
secret hide-out?  okay--

They're in New York, right?

Put them in an "abandoned" oceanfront warehouse, "Hudlin Harbor".. something with lots of storage space, and with enough room to hide a big hydrofoil and a VTOL jet..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2006, 04:20:10 pm »
we GOTS to have a VTOL jet.
You know T'challa is gonna hook us up..i mean...hook THEM up.
;)

An abandoned warehouse?  Aren't they all used up by convicts and anti-registration heroes?  Oh... that includes our team, right?
hahahha

plus didnt the mayor of NYC get rid of those buildings and XXX stores?  Just wondering.

Finally, i know i've been slipping on the pimpin', the last thing we need to focus on is our Main Enemy (enemies)

List your 2 top Enemies you want to be a thorn in "BLACK's" side

My first one is the "Dire Wraiths."  I'm still workin' on my 2nd one.

PS: If our team is weak, then we'll find that out once we go head up against a powerful enemy, right?  We voted.  Now we suffer the consequences.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2006, 06:42:23 am »
PS: If our team is weak, then we'll find that out once we go head up against a powerful enemy, right?  We voted.  Now we suffer the consequences.

"We voted"?

Well oh, mighty one, I think we all suggested and you pulled rank on us. That's how I recall it happening  :D

Anyway, this team is powerful. Powerful!

With the mighty Sunspot as the team muscle, it would take a threat the size of an Asgardian God invasion to make "BLACK" sweat. Now, if we had inducted Wimp...er, I mean War Machine, things might be very different. Very different indeed  ::)

The "Dire Wraiths"? ROM's enemies? Why?   ???

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2006, 06:46:23 am »
With the mighty Sunspot as the team muscle, it would take a threat the size of an Asgardian God invasion to make "BLACK" sweat. Now, if we had inducted Wimp...er, I mean War Machine, things might be very different. Very different indeed  ::)

The "Dire Wraiths"? ROM's enemies? Why?   ???

When did Sunspot get a power boost.  Last I saw the dude, he was a 98 pound weakling who for all his strength (which wasn't that great anyway) had zero invulnerability.

Dire Wraiths--are all dead.  The greatest enemy of BA is an already-defeated threat?  (A threat that was ultimately defeated by the New Warriors when they killed the mother of all Wraiths.)