Author Topic: The HEF creates... "The Black Avengers"  (Read 32750 times)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: The HEF creates... "The Black Avengers"
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2006, 02:27:44 pm »
...because i missed this thread... and becuz Marvel Ultimate Alliance was just released.
;)

one way or the other... i'm gonna have me a Black Avengers team.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2006, 06:05:37 am »
...because i missed this thread... and becuz Marvel Ultimate Alliance was just released.
;)

one way or the other... i'm gonna have me a Black Avengers team.

I've already given you the perfect Black Avengers team. Haven't I?

How can this team miss?

Falcon
Brother Voodoo
Goliath
Cage
Photon
Cecilia Reyes
Sunspot

Reserves
Black Panther
Storm

I know. I know. I was not solely responsible for assembling this fine collection of dynamic characters. But I did suggest the mighty Sunspot. With him in the lineup, no foe could dare hope to stand against the....what did we decide the name of this group was again? I've forgotten  :D
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2006, 06:29:18 am »
HAHAHHA...there you go again with Sunspot.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2006, 11:21:09 pm »
Hey. How could we have overlooked this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestar_(comics)

I've read that Battlestar is endowed with extreme superpower, is capable of lifting weight in the tons, is extremely agile and is a supreme hand-to-hand combatant. All we would have had to have done is separate him from his "Captain America template", for want of a better word.

Since I've recently learned that the brave Goliath was killed in the Civil War - Marvel's slaughter of black male superheroes continues - and seeing as Goliath was to be a member of the team, I move that Battlestar be installed as his replacement.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2006, 05:38:45 am »

I've read that Battlestar is endowed with extreme superpower, is capable of lifting weight in the tons, is extremely agile and is a supreme hand-to-hand combatant. All we would have had to have done is separate him from his "Captain America template", for want of a better word.

Since I've recently learned that the brave Goliath was killed in the Civil War - Marvel's slaughter of black male superheroes continues - and seeing as Goliath was to be a member of the team, I move that Battlestar be installed as his replacement.

Unless he's gone through a power-boost, Battlestar is no more powerful than USagent.  The process that created USagent, created Battlestar.  They used to be partners.  They are Spider-man strong, give or take and their agility falls far below him.  I wouldn't call his powers extreme.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2006, 06:29:17 am »

Unless he's gone through a power-boost, Battlestar is no more powerful than USagent.  The process that created USagent, created Battlestar.  They used to be partners.  They are Spider-man strong, give or take and their agility falls far below him.  I wouldn't call his powers extreme.

Again, according to my newly-purchased "The Marvel Encyclopedia; The Definitive Guide To The Characters Of The Marvel Universe", Battlestar has super-strength and stamina - he is able to lift "10 tons" - he is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant, an excellent gymnast and acrobat.

Seeing as Marvel Comics seems to keep its black, male characters "normally-powered", above-average athletes in spandex, Battlestar is a welcome change. So when I discover a black male Marvel superhero capable of doing more than swinging from rootop-to-rooftop and making "perfect 10 dismounts", but is no more powerful physically than a superbly-conditioned normal human being, I'm going to stand up and take notice.

Marvel has notoriously "under-powered" their black supercharacters, particularly their black male super characters. That could be one reason why Captain America's anti-registration faction is getting their butts handed to them - if indeed that is still the case. I'm not a big fan of the Civil War and have only come across certain bits of information accidentally.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2006, 12:54:59 pm »
i remember when i asked to have him on the team and it was shot down.
now y'all come crawlin' back 2 me.
 ;D

anyway, i WOULD use Battlestar but if you've been reading Front Line, he's in custody...and he's hurt.
A cape killer exploding a bomb in an enclosed area and he has sharpnel in his back.
he can't even lie on his back while in prison.

and y'all know about USAgent, right?
you've read CHOOSING SIDES, right? if not, i wont spoil it here.
i'll go to a different thread for that.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2006, 07:26:03 am »
BRINGIN' IT BACK... cuz i can
:)

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2006, 07:32:39 am »

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2006, 09:35:41 am »
Back in Black. Still lookin' good, too.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2006, 09:43:01 am »
Seeing as how Panther and Storm MAY be going over to the Fantastic Four and Battlestar is severely wounded, i need to revamp my team.
I need some time to think...

but yeah... Falcon and Ceclia Reyes are definitely making the squad.  Cage?  With his upcoming Solo, i dont know if he's gonna do the team thing unless it is with Danny.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2006, 09:54:57 am »
I WANNA PLAY TOO! I WANNA PLAY TOO! ;D

On that note of maturity, a 7-man team, no BP or Storm cause that's probably what everybody did :).

PHOTON- One of the most powerful heroes in Marvel. Leadership skills,  energy projection and the ability to travel at lightspeed.  She's a one-person team in herself.

BATTLESTAR-ex army type, trained by the Taskmaster in Captain America's fighting style with the ability to lift 10 tons (class 10).

WAR MACHINE-Armor and artillery in one package. Another ex-army type. Armor provides flight and class 75 (75 tons lifting ability) super strength.

RAGE- The only Black male character in Marvel that has high level physical strength as a power (Luke Cage is the second strongest at class 15). Rage is class 50 but gets stronger the madder he gets, hence the name.  A 13 year old boy in a steroid abusers body ;D Supposed to have superspeed too, but nobody ever remembers that.

BLACK GOLIATH-Yeah, so he's dead. Like that ever stopped any other superhero :D. He provides life-science expertise and another candidate for leader, as he's been a black superhero longer than anybody besides Cage or Falcon( The Panther of course, is not American). Class 10 strength at his maximum size of 25'.

PHASTOS-the only Black Eternal (a race of super-powered immortals). Really, he got so lonely he went to East Germany, cause there are more Blacks there than in Eternalville ;D.  He's the Eternals tech expert. To the Romans, he was Vulcan, to the Greek Hephaestus and the Egyptians probably knew him as Ptah. He's the Black Avenger's Techno-Thor. Class 25 strength, Flight, Heat Vision. Master of technology, he built a Thor-type hammer probably just because he felt like it ;D.

DEBRII-Outside of Storm and Photon, there aren't that many Black Female Superheros in Marvel. Misty Knight is kinda borderline. So here's Debrii, low level telekinetic. The fact that she pretty much acts like the little sister on What's Happening is a bonus.  

Reserves:

TRIATHLON-A guy who wears the Black Nationalist Flag as a costume cant be all bad :). He's has 3X the strengh, speed and stamina of a Peak Human. Peak Human=Captain America.

CALYPSO-I'm running out of options here, as you can see. She's sort of an evil, female, Brother Voodoo. I'm reforming her because I need another female. General mystic type powers. Creates Zombies. Runs around in a Lion Skin bikini.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2006, 10:33:31 am »
So...are we all in agreement that we want to bring GOLIATH back to life?  Does it have somethin' to do with the PYM participles that he is affected with?  And how many BLACK characters have come back from death?

and until i read that Battlestar is out of "prison" and has healed properly, he can't make the team.

REMEMBER, we need to go with Current statistics... sorry to be a downer.

but it's great to see Debrii gettin' more shine.

great list, VIc.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2006, 10:42:00 am »
I WANNA PLAY TOO! I WANNA PLAY TOO! ;D

On that note of maturity, a 7-man team, no BP or Storm cause that's probably what everybody did :).

PHOTON- One of the most powerful heroes in Marvel. Leadership skills,  energy projection and the ability to travel at lightspeed.  She's a one-person team in herself.

BATTLESTAR-ex army type, trained by the Taskmaster in Captain America's fighting style with the ability to lift 10 tons (class 10).

WAR MACHINE-Armor and artillery in one package. Another ex-army type. Armor provides flight and class 75 (75 tons lifting ability) super strength.

RAGE- The only Black male character in Marvel that has high level physical strength as a power (Luke Cage is the second strongest at class 15). Rage is class 50 but gets stronger the madder he gets, hence the name.  A 13 year old boy in a steroid abusers body ;D Supposed to have superspeed too, but nobody ever remembers that.

BLACK GOLIATH-Yeah, so he's dead. Like that ever stopped any other superhero :D. He provides life-science expertise and another candidate for leader, as he's been a black superhero longer than anybody besides Cage or Falcon( The Panther of course, is not American). Class 10 strength at his maximum size of 25'.

PHASTOS-the only Black Eternal (a race of super-powered immortals). Really, he got so lonely he went to East Germany, cause there are more Blacks there than in Eternalville ;D.  He's the Eternals tech expert. To the Romans, he was Vulcan, to the Greek Hephaestus and the Egyptians probably knew him as Ptah. He's the Black Avenger's Techno-Thor. Class 25 strength, Flight, Heat Vision. Master of technology, he built a Thor-type hammer probably just because he felt like it ;D.

DEBRII-Outside of Storm and Photon, there aren't that many Black Female Superheros in Marvel. Misty Knight is kinda borderline. So here's Debrii, low level telekinetic. The fact that she pretty much acts like the little sister on What's Happening is a bonus.  

Reserves:

TRIATHLON-A guy who wears the Black Nationalist Flag as a costume cant be all bad :). He's has 3X the strengh, speed and stamina of a Peak Human. Peak Human=Captain America.

CALYPSO-I'm running out of options here, as you can see. She's sort of an evil, female, Brother Voodoo. I'm reforming her because I need another female. General mystic type powers. Creates Zombies. Runs around in a Lion Skin bikini.

:o

No Sunspot?

Oh, that will never do.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2006, 11:39:17 am »
OH lawd...there he go...

Sunspot's biggest fan.

8)

what were u thinkin' Vic.
hahaaha