Author Topic: The HEF creates... "The Black Avengers"  (Read 29007 times)

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
Re: The HEF creates... "The Black Avengers"
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2009, 03:46:23 pm »
yeah, we give each other hell here. Its all in fun.

Offline hero X

• Repping the Black Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2009, 07:26:06 pm »
ok cool well I guess the over sensitivity comes from other boards so it's all good ppl.  On another note I finally have the jewelry done  but don't want to just post just that since the costume is still being worked on so i'll post it all this weekend.  Once again it's good to be in the family.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2009, 02:02:01 am »
ok cool well I guess the over sensitivity comes from other boards so it's all good ppl.  On another note I finally have the jewelry done  but don't want to just post just that since the costume is still being worked on so i'll post it all this weekend.  Once again it's good to be in the family.

i feel u playboy.
like i said, you're officially family.
the HEF is not like those "other" sites at all.
shucks, u were cool with me when i saw u rockin' that costume on Attack of the Show's coverage of comicon last year.. 8)

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Goat

• "Man, you come straight out of a comic book"
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2009, 09:24:05 am »
Mastrmynd ... 6042 post... 13 of which are quality statements.

;)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2009, 11:48:05 am »
hahahah...i think...ha?
 ???

lol. at least i have 13 good ones.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2009, 04:48:26 pm »
I would read a book with black heroes teaming up, but it has to have a good story, filled with action, a little romance, some sci fi.....oh and Pulsar, Storm and all of those super sexy black men...lol

I think the team should be called "The Enforcers" or P.R.I.D.E. ( Powerful, Rightous, Intelligent, Determined, Empowered)

Black Team/First Responders and International Adventures

Black Panther
Falcon
War Machine
Goliath
Cage

Gold Team/Space Alliance and Galactic Adventures

Pulsar
Blue Marvel
Isis
Doctor Voodoo
Midnight Sun

White Team/ Mutant Alliance and Interdimensional Adventures

Storm
Bishop
Gentle
Cloak
Pathway

Stand by's

Debrii
Silhouette
3D Man
Blade
Patriot
Night Thrasher
Misty Knight
Deathlok
Battlestar
Dr.Cecilia Reyes
Rage
Hybrid
Synch (if he was living)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2019, 11:23:33 am »
I definitely still wish this could come out as a comic series.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2019, 04:50:06 pm »

I absolutely second that.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2019, 06:17:21 am »

And even though this should go without saying, but given the comics we see on the stands: only with the right writer and artist. 

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2019, 01:30:35 pm »

And even though this should go without saying, but given the comics we see on the stands: only with the right writer and artist.

Who would you say is that writer and artist? Or the 5 writers and 5 artists you would trust with this series?

I lead with our own R to the H...the author and bold expounder of this idea...and nominate Eaton and Ledkilla as his duo of artists.

Priest could annihilate this whole thing, but I don't trust his mindset and his extensive wariness of being the Black guy writing The Black Book.

Walker has a good style, but for some reason he's not resonating the way that he should with sales. Pair him with superstar artists for 18 issues...long enough to find and keep a strong following...and he's doin big things.

Of course, our own Redjack can do this... he's SO TALENTED...but he needs the super star artists, the same way that Walker does.

You know who else could crush this? Our own HEFfas like Ture, and all of our fanfic writers here.

OF COURSE I would trust Al Ewing with this book, provided that he came in focused and motivated, plus had a powerful artist as his guaranteed accomplice for 18 issues. I'm thinking? Foreman or someone like him.

A couple other White writers I would trust with this unit...if they came in focused and committed? Warren Ellis, Mark Millar.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2019, 12:02:28 pm »
I'd give it to RedJack, after seeing what he did on Black Panther series on TV. 

The artist has to high name recognition and for my own tastes, I want the classic larger than life Marvel style, like Perez (sadly retired), Alan Davis or Phil Jimenez. 

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2019, 12:32:00 pm »
I'd give it to RedJack, after seeing what he did on Black Panther series on TV. 

The artist has to high name recognition and for my own tastes, I want the classic larger than life Marvel style, like Perez (sadly retired), Alan Davis or Phil Jimenez.

PEREZ is RETIRED? Oh no!

But yeah I definitely think that Redjack should have a crack at this. That's why I mentioned him. Cosign.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2019, 12:34:04 pm »
  writer's in some sort of order
Redjack
Hudlin
Narcisse (I feel he is a diamond in the rough)
Priest
Aaron
Millar
Hickman
Ewing

Artist in no particular order
Lashley
Coipel
Acuna
Perkins
Marquez
Rocafort
Ribic
Romita Jr

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2019, 01:19:09 pm »
writer's in some sort of order
Redjack
Hudlin
Narcisse (I feel he is a diamond in the rough)
Priest
Aaron
Millar
Hickman
Ewing

Artist in no particular order
Lashley
Coipel
Acuna
Perkins
Marquez
Rocafort
Ribic
Romita Jr

^^^YESSIR! Outstanding list, there. I think Redjack should lead the charge of the New Generation, considering the incredible work he did with The BP show on Disney Channel. Narcisse should definitely be in there, as #2 on the charge. I'm thinking? Give Redjack the ongoing anime of BP on Disney, give Narcisse and Joe Robert Cole...cowriter of the MCU BLACK PANTHER movie with Coogler... the regular ongoing with say Romita Jr. on the first 6 issues, Ledkilla on the next 6 issues, and Eaton, Acuna, Coipel and Rocafort on a rotating but permanent art chores from then on.

Promoting Cole as the co-writer of the MCU BP will definitely fire up sales and tighten continuity between the comics and the movies, and give the series a lot more shine. They'll speedily do away with Coatesverse BP and probably start the whole franchise from scratch [ again ] but with a much more respectful and better combo of the real BP [ Gillis+Priest+Hudlin+McDuffie+Aaron+Narcisse+Liss+Ewing+all other respectful depictions of BP ] from yet another #1 issue.

We'll get shine in the large newspapers, the Afrikan media, a bit of shine in hiphop with heads making tracks for the issues like Coates had; except this time we'll have names that matter in the underground AND mainstream [ maybe a verse from a unreleased track or a released track of Nipsey Hu$$le, a hot 16 bars from Royce Da 5'9", with bars on the same track from somebody the kids will get behind like Pusha T and Cardi B both of whom Royce will smaaaash on track, and maybe Drake...yeah I said it...with undaground fierce beasts like Metaphor The Great and Asheru, who did The Boondocks Theme Song ]. A video with Black Panthers doing a blend of Njia Uhuru Kipura, 52 Blocks, Kali, Silat [ all Afrikan arts ] while these rhyme reavers blast the blazin Wakanda pumpin Black Panther luvin tracks would absolutely crack the ceilings of heads listening to it and amp interest in the comic book like a mug.

ESPECIALLY. IF. BLADE. MISTY KNIGHT. STORM. MONICA RAMBEAU FRESH FROM CAPTAIN MARVEL. LUKE CAGE. AND FALCON. WERE IN THE FIRST 6 ISSUES AND SHOWN IN THE VIDEO ALONG WITH THE REST OF WAKANDA.

I think that up there would kill it^^^. And set us off to record breaking sales for Black Panther, that would stay strong because BP the movie drops next year.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2019, 09:08:30 pm »
I think those are good ideas, honestly, though I would say come should be focusing on giving us the best mcu Tchalla we can get with Coogler. Redjack doing the solo (or animation series) and Hudlin or narcisse or any of the other writer's listed would be fine. They would have the consistency and comic book mindset to do great especially with marvel full support. Narcisse just needs a consultant that actually knows how Comics work. Having a neophyte consulting other neophytes is a bad idea and sets up failure. I think narcisse would do well if paired up with Hudlin or Priest even since Priest is likely done with BP, having him as a consultant instead would probably be the next best thing.

But what I would say is keep any and all other heroes out of the first part of BP for a creative team overhaul. Throwing those heroes in there (and let's be frank, none of them have any where near the star power Tchalla has) would actually likely hurt the book because 1. It shows a lack of confidence in Tchallas selling ability and comes off as though he needs guest to help sell, and 2. Those other heroes would take away precious panel time from his actual supporting cast, and BP himself. They can all make Cameo appearances later (really I would only be okay with Blade Cage, and Monica appearing and that's more so for a throwback to Hudlins black steel) but they don't need to be in the very first story