Author Topic: The HEF creates... "The Black Avengers"  (Read 38536 times)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: The HEF creates... "The Black Avengers"
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 03:42:20 pm »
base of operations.. Wakandan Embassy, NYC? (helps to have immunity)...
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 04:17:54 pm »
Another vote for BLACK?
hmm...

1. Do we all agree on BLACK as the team name?  If not, what is your choice?
2. Sin, you're fickle...you came up with ANother team?
3. We still need a base of operations.

4. ATTENTION AUDIENCE.  YOU HAVE UNTIL SATURDAY AFTERNOON TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS ENDEAVOR.  IF YOU MISS THE DEADLINE, THEN YOU CAN ONLY COMMENT ON THE TEAM THAT WE HAVE CREATED AND THE STORYLINES THAT WE WRITE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

1. I went with "Obsidian Force" initially because it appeared that many of our members commenting seemed to be uncomfortable with having the word "Black" in the name of a team comprised primarily of black characters. However, MM stuck with his choice for team name "BLACK" and gave the following options: "Black Ops", "Black Avengers", "Black Listed". I'm not following Marvel's Civil War, but from what I've read of your comments, it appears that most of Marvel's black and minority characters stand with Captain America in opposing registration. This puts them in opposition to "the law". In this case, I believe MM's "Black Listed" option could be a perfect fit as the name representing a team of heroes in opposition to superhero registration, but still dedicated to serving and protecting mankind.

2.  :D I believe the only change I made to my original roster was the addition of the fine character you suggested. Silverclaw looks exciting. Her name is interesting. Her ability to shape-shift (much like Vixen of DC Comics), is an additional dimension to the team. I really like Sunspot as the muscle on the team. The fact that he gains his power from solar energy puts him in the same category as Sentry or Superman, but also gives him a weakness that can be exploited. For if he is deprived of sunlight/solar energy for an extended period of time, he grows weaker. Also, I like the idea of the young Patriot having a close association with the team.

3. Base of Operations. I think their base should be in a secreted and defensible location. Like, perhaps beneath a very ordinary-looking or even desolate landscape or behind the face of the side of a sheer cliff. Maybe situated behind a "Rock of Gibraltar"-like outcropping surrounded by a forbidding landscape bounded by a violent sea. The base within should be able to provide the team living quarters, hospitalization facilities, sophisticated training area, a hangar for their super-sonic transports, etc...
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 07:18:51 pm »
Here's what i'm thinkin'...
we have a good squad so far.
it looks as if we're gonna do the 7 member team with 2 reservists.

Now that T'challa is married, he has other concerns than being tied to a rouge group of heroes...and it is possible (at least in my vision) that Wakanda will be on the outs with the US while civil war goes on.  Like Ororo surmissed, they aren't allowed back in the US.

This won't stop t'challa from poppin' up in the U.S. from time 2 time, but he respects the law.

I have a problem with Monica/Photon.  She's currently on Nextwave...and she's a leader.  How do we get her off of Nextwave?  Do we even want to do that?
Patriot is a Young Avenger.  Do we want to take him away from YA?  I don't think we should.

Also, I think we should have Cecilia Reyes on the team.  Silverclaw is cool ... and she WAS an Avenger.  But come on, we are gonna need a Doctor.

And i'm still stickin' with War Machine.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 05:36:53 am »
1) Patriot from Young Avengers to BLACK

2) Photon from Nextwave to BLACK

3) Sunspot from Hellfire Club to BLACK

I like that  :)

If the team needs a doctor, create a new character with extraordinary healing skills. And we should promote Claire Foster from "nurse" to eminently qualified, highly-renown physician. If he hasn't died or anything like that, we might even recruit Dr. Noah Bernstein to work alongside those two. He's white, but he'd be aight  :)

Don't strangle me MM, but I was re-thinking my roster choices and would be willing to bump White Tiger/Angela Del Toro to reserve status if there would be the remotest of possibilities that we could somehow get Mantis (or create a Mantis II, who would also be a female, Vietnamese kung-fu expert extraordinaire), on the team.

That would make my roster:

1) Falcon
2) Goliath
3) Brother Voodoo
4) Silverclaw
5) Photon
6) Mantis
7) Sunspot

3 Reserve members:

1) Black Panther
2) Storm
3) White Tiger/Angela Del Toro

Auxilliary member:

Patriot

Last change. Last change! I promise  :D

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2006, 06:22:10 am »
Hype, Gooch, Soulja...where y'all at? We need your input cuz sin keeps changin' thangs.

*looks at sin*
Bruh... i enjoy your enthusiasm, but you're changin' EVERYTHING!
you went from 7 members and 2 reserves to 7 and 3.  Should've voted for 10 team members.

So... i'm making an executive decision.

7 members.
2 reservists (The royal couple...only because they're honeymooning and banned from the U.S.)

And here are the official members:

Falcon
Brother Voodoo
Goliath
Cage

Sin is pushing for THESE members:
Patriot
Photon
Sunspot
White Tiger
Silverclaw

MM is pushing for THESE members
Cecilia Reyes
War Machine

Team, we need to finalize our final 3 members.  Why isn't Photon a finalist?  Well, i had to make sure that we were gonna take her from Nextwave.  I think Reggie would be mad at us becuz he loves Nextwave, but i think he secretly wants to use Photon.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2006, 06:47:58 am »
Hype, Gooch, Soulja...where y'all at? We need your input cuz sin keeps changin' thangs.

:D What can I say? I'm a perfectionist...a fickle perfectionist  :D

Sin is pushing for THESE members:
Patriot
Photon
Sunspot
White Tiger
Silverclaw

And I'm gonna push 'em to the limit.

Team, we need to finalize our final 3 members. Why isn't Photon a finalist? Well, i had to make sure that we were gonna take her from Nextwave. I think Reggie would be mad at us becuz he loves Nextwave, but i think he secretly wants to use Photon.

Then, we should expose that secret and make Photon the co-leader of BLACK and pilot of their supersonic transports  :)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 07:52:01 am »
fine.
i can live with Photon.
I hope Reggie and Warren don't come after us.
ANd lord knows I hope Nextwave and the Beyond Corp doesn't come after BLACK.

but we still 2 members.

Come on... We gotta have a "black iron man".  We need War Machine.  Everything can't come from Wakanda.  Plus, Rhodes needs a second chance after the failure of The Crew.

Give me Iron man... and ... *sigh*... you can have Sunspot.  Is he really all that?  I just remember him on Xmen: Evolution.

Gooch...Soulja... help a brotha out.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 10:11:27 am »
i vote for war machine..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Francisco

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2006, 10:49:10 am »
Guys you can have whoever you want on the team as long as Josiah X is part of it too. ;D
Don't get fooled by the bombs that I get I'm still I'm still Saddam from Iraq.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2006, 02:03:36 pm »
francisco, are u down with us?
if so, then answer all 3 questions.
if not, then we can't accept ur josiah x...even though it would be cool to have him.

like the elections, every vote counts.

*looks at sin*
hehehehehe... we got a vote for war machine.

mwhahahahha

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 07:08:59 pm »

Give me Iron man... and ... *sigh*... you can have Sunspot.  Is he really all that?  I just remember him on Xmen: Evolution.

I don't ever remember Sunspot appearing on X-Men:Evolution. I do remember him from his earliest appearance in the NEW MUTANTS comic book. Of those earliest members Sunspot was the most impressive and the most formidable. Again, the original NEW MUTANTS are to be cited for the progressive approach they took with respect to character development. This line up would do my friend yoda proud. Sam Guthrie: Cannonball - white male from Kentucky. Danielle Moonstar: Psyche(Mirage) - Native-American. Xi'an Coy Manh:Karma - Vietnamese female. Rahne Sinclair:Wolfsbane - Scottish female. Roberto DeCosta: Sunspot - Brazilian. The team wasn't only multi-cultural/multi-national/multi-ethnic, it also featured more female members than male members and Danielle Moonstar seemed to be their most responsible member and natural leader. When Amara Aquila:Magma - native of the Amazon forest and Illyana Rasputin:Magik - Russian(Sister of Colossus. A cool character, but now deceased. Marvel can be so stupid at times), joined the team, the lineup featured 5 female members and 2 male members. Magma and Magik were two heavy-hitters. Still, the power and characterization of Sunspot is what really attracted me to the publication, besides the decent writing of Chris Claremont and the fine draftsmanship of Sal Buscema - brother to my all-time favorite artist, the late, great John Buscema and a fine artist in his own right.

While I am a fan of Luke Cage, in my always humble opinion, I believe there is no comparison between his strength/power level to that of Sunspot. I picked up an issue of New Avengers in which the members Wolverine, Spider-Woman, Spider-Man and Luke Cage attempted to take on the supervillian Wrecker, from the Wrecking Crew. Sadly I must convey to you brothers that the Wrecker owned Luke Cage. He owned him. Cage had two shots at the Wrecker. Both times Wrecker sent him flying long distances and crashing into things with a single blow. Sunspot's greater strength would have given the Wrecker a sterner test.

As to War Machine. MM...do you want War Machine, or do you just want a black version of Iron Man?  :) I don't ever remember seeing Sunspot on a televised animated cartoon, but I do remember - to my eternal regret - the appearances of Rhodes on the animated Marvel program Iron Man featuring Spider-Woman and War Machine as his dearest friends and partners. Naturally, Spider-Woman was Tony Stark/Iron man's female love interest on the show who praised and supported him in every situation. James Rhodes on the other hand was pathetic. He was always whining about how it would make him happy if he never had to don his War Machine armor ever again. He seemed afraid of it. In a word, the animated James Rhodes/War Machine was a punk. I've never liked him since.

Therefore, in my always humble opinion, if this team is to have a member possessed of the upper levels of super power as it's "team muscle", Luke Cage, Goliath, and certainly War Machine won't cut the mustard. Since it's unlikely "Shango, the African Thunder God" will make any appearances, the best bet for a true BLACK "muscle man" lies with Sunspot  :)

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 07:09:49 pm »
francisco, are u down with us?
if so, then answer all 3 questions.
if not, then we can't accept ur josiah x...even though it would be cool to have him.

like the elections, every vote counts.

*looks at sin*
hehehehehe... we got a vote for war machine.

mwhahahahha

That's only because they like you better than they like me  :D

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2006, 05:21:10 am »
hahahahahha...

i see u really want sunspot.
hmm.. if no one objects, then we can have him.
But only if some says... "We can take sunspot."

And dayam, you don't like War Machine?
*sigh*
I gotta re-read the crew just to make sure Rhodey aint still trippin'.

And yes, i think our team needs an Iron-Man-esque character.

But i'm having reservations about T'challa and Ororo since they are in their own book... and on the outs with the U.S.

but that's just me.

And what about Cecilia Reyes, sin?  what DON'T you like about her?  ;)

And i'm almost certain that sunspot guest starred on Xmen: Evolution.
wiki it and see what happens

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2006, 06:06:00 am »

And what about Cecilia Reyes, sin?  what DON'T you like about her?  ;)

And i'm almost certain that sunspot guest starred on Xmen: Evolution.
wiki it and see what happens

You're right MM. Apparently, Sunspot did appear briefly on X-Men:Evolution. It must have been during one of those student group shots.

Cecilia Reyes? I don't like her. I love her....as a premier comic book character you understand.  :)

Did Cecilia survive Scarlet Witch's "no more mutants" hex?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 06:28:17 am by sinjection »

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2006, 09:02:18 am »
why in the heck were u votin' AGAINST ms reyes then?  huh?
We have to check the 198 i guess in order to see if she still has her powers.  She just disappeared from the scene during claremont's last run...i think it was claremore during the REVOLUTION revamp  (whatever happened to the NEO)

anyway, i like cecilia too.

And yes, Sunspot even spoke.  I remember him being on a rooftop or somethin'...but i do remember him.
if cecelia is still a mutant, can we have her?