Author Topic: Wolverine #52. Panther vs Sabretooth. (spoilers)  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Hulkster

• View Profile
Wolverine #52. Panther vs Sabretooth. (spoilers)
« on: March 28, 2007, 02:27:28 pm »
Panther and Storm are key figures in the plot of this arc.  They have Sabretooth chained up on the Wakandan castle grounds, but he breaks free.  He kills two of T'Challa's security guards (who interestingly appear white).  T'Challa finds him and starts whipping up on Sabretooth pretty handily until Creed grabs T'Challa by the the throat and lifts him in the air.  T'Challa appears helpless as Creed declares that this will be the first king that he kills.  Then Wolverine is flown to the scene by Storm and cuts off the hand of Creed that was around T'Challa's throat.  Logan feels that he saves T'Challa's life, but T'Challa insists that his life was never in danger.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
Re: Wolverine #52. Panther vs Sabretooth. (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 02:45:47 pm »
I enjoyed reading this issue. The art was amazing, Bianchi's genious are all over it. He even gives Storm that trademark crown from this old painting. If anyone is a fan of Wolverine they would be interested to know that it expands on a history involving Wolverine and Sabertooth. Actually the fact that it also tied into Wakanda (or at least the land that Wakanda was built on) was very intriguing. I'm so tempted to check out the next issue to see where it all leads. I'd recommend this comic book.

ETA: In regards of Wolverine saving T'Charlie. I think that T'Challa prepare for Sabertooth from the get go, obviously he meant to lead him to the bone yard and Panther is a natural strategist. Which is evident when he attacked Sabertooth with a barage of punches when Sabertooth wasn't fully alert. Personally, I know don't think T'Charlie could have handled Sabertooth without weapons or gadgets because while T'Challa has maximum human abilities, both Sabertooth and Wolverine have superhuman abilities.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 09:52:42 pm by Toya »
...Rassclaat.