Author Topic: Bond 25: No Time to Die  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: Bond 25: No Time to Die
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2019, 12:12:13 pm »
looking forward to check it out.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2019, 06:38:18 am »
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 06:41:48 am by Emperorjones »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2019, 02:10:14 pm »

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2019, 05:00:44 am »
hey now.  :-* :-*

So I wonder if Lashana Lynch will be spotlighted in a spinoff movie. As far as I'm aware there's never been an attempt at a spinoff franchise in the "Bond Universe".  Might as well start now.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2019, 05:36:21 am »
There were plans to spin off Halle Berry's character, from Die Another Day, but the reaction to that film ended those plans.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
From the rumors/speculation, Lynch's character is the new 007, so she might be there not to spin off from Bond, but to take over the franchise.

Personally I don't see that really happening. But if this film turns out super successful then it might at least get them to try a Lynch-led film.

Unrelated, but there have been some recent comic one-shot spin offs for M (who is black in the current comics) and Moneypenny (who is also black), and a miniseries for Felix Leiter (who is white again for the comics). Greg Pak's recent James Bond run focused on Odd Job.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2019, 07:07:30 am »
I can't wait to see it.  The motorcycle shot alone is worth it.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2019, 07:22:44 am »
The trailer looks good. I'm a little leery about the woke agenda some fear the film will have, but I have been okay with
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Lynch being the new 007, just not wiping Bond out of existence.

Even with this trailer, I don't necessarily read her jabs against Bond as being girl power rules all, but more so that she is a younger, new and improved 00 agent compared to Bond, and this storyline of him being past his prime started in the last film, so that makes sense to keep going with it. The idea of pitting young against old/seasoned isn't an original idea, but one that isn't, or doesn't have, to be 'woke' either.

By the end of the film, I could imagine Lynch's character gaining an appreciation and respect for Bond, if not being in his bed. Though I don't think they will go there because that would be seen as going against a female empowerment message. Her being in his bed means he's 'conquered' her in their eyes, that she's submitted to a male, and that's a no-no. That being said, since Lynch is a black woman, the idea of submitting to a white man has been acceptable in the media, so they still might just have them in bed by the end of it after all. It's two woke agendas coming into conflict in this film.