Author Topic: The Quotable Reggie Hudlin  (Read 474 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The Quotable Reggie Hudlin
« on: March 17, 2019, 10:27:35 pm »

The quotable Reggie Hudlin - stuff I've said over the years that people like. The list of advice that's good in most situations is at www.hudlinentertainment.com main page - please tell me what you think.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: The Quotable Reggie Hudlin
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 11:03:50 am »
I came up with this phrase when I was promoting my BLACK PANTHER comic book series, in trying to describe who he was as the leader of a black utopian nation.  But it really has broader applications.  While we as black people have a long glorious history of fighting against oppression, from Harriet Tubman to Crispus Attucks to Martin Luther King, at a certain point we need to transition, like Nelson Mandela, from freedom fighters to leaders of the nation.  Which means making hard choices, doing unpopular things for the greater good, and other stuff like idealists donít like to think about. But if we donít assume responsibility, then we become permanent victims.

going into 2020, I hope a lot more folks should be encouraged to work on political campaigns and running for office for local, state and federal positions, to be in these halls of influence.

11. BACON TAKES YEARS OFF YOUR LIFE
hm. I've tried turkey bacon on occasion, gets a little dry, but tolerable. ;) and whatever tofu-bacon-ish stuff is out there, I'm allergic, lol.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 11:19:22 am by Hypestyle »
Be Kind to Someone Today.