Author Topic: LET'S TALK T'CHALLA'S IQ VS 616 EARTH BIG BRAINS  (Read 7060 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: LET'S TALK T'CHALLA'S IQ VS 616 EARTH BIG BRAINS
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 04:48:38 am »
I actually DO think that Kirk is a tactical genius, although I see where you're coming from above, Brother Battle. Imo? Kirk displayed his tactical genius on NUMEROUS occasions. Kirk outstmarting and outmaneuvering Khan, Kirk is the only one to beat the Kobayashi Maru test, Kirk saw through many illusions and shams, tricks and manipulations attempted by many alien and human adversaries.  Imo Kirk is both a straight up genius AND a tactical genius. But that's just imo. Because in the old skool FASA role playing game? Kirk's intelligence was 84, the average human INT was 40, the average Starfleet Officer's INT was 71. So Kirk is clearly far smarter than the average human and smarter than the most Starfleet Officers, too. The max human INT was 100, so Kirk was up there.

Spock's INT was 102. Just to make the point.

But Kirk has Charisma of 94 and Luck of 98. Sooo...Kirk? Would be clearly the overall superior leader between himself and Spock. That's why, imo, Spock followed Kirk. Not that other way around.

O.K...

I was going by the dialogue from 'Star Trek: Into Darkness' where Kirk is getting chewed out by his superior officer.

Everything that officer was telling Kirk about himself was true.

--- but, if you're going by that metric you posted, I can't argue with that.  :-\

Regarding Vulcans?  I believe Vulcans are intellectually far superior than Humans (they discovered warp tech before Humans did), but what holds them back are decisions determined by logic.  I believe the reasoning behind Spock following Kirk is to understand his uncanny knack for being lucky... all the time.  :-\

NEVER use the Abrams universe to justify any position in Star Trek.  (At least that's my opinion and probably the opinion of many in fans.  I even liked the Abrams movies, but he tended to exaggerate a few characteristics and missed the point on others.)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2019, 04:04:05 pm »
I actually DO think that Kirk is a tactical genius, although I see where you're coming from above, Brother Battle. Imo? Kirk displayed his tactical genius on NUMEROUS occasions. Kirk outstmarting and outmaneuvering Khan, Kirk is the only one to beat the Kobayashi Maru test, Kirk saw through many illusions and shams, tricks and manipulations attempted by many alien and human adversaries.  Imo Kirk is both a straight up genius AND a tactical genius. But that's just imo. Because in the old skool FASA role playing game? Kirk's intelligence was 84, the average human INT was 40, the average Starfleet Officer's INT was 71. So Kirk is clearly far smarter than the average human and smarter than the most Starfleet Officers, too. The max human INT was 100, so Kirk was up there.

Spock's INT was 102. Just to make the point.

But Kirk has Charisma of 94 and Luck of 98. Sooo...Kirk? Would be clearly the overall superior leader between himself and Spock. That's why, imo, Spock followed Kirk. Not that other way around.

O.K...

I was going by the dialogue from 'Star Trek: Into Darkness' where Kirk is getting chewed out by his superior officer.

Everything that officer was telling Kirk about himself was true.

--- but, if you're going by that metric you posted, I can't argue with that.  :-\

Regarding Vulcans?  I believe Vulcans are intellectually far superior than Humans (they discovered warp tech before Humans did), but what holds them back are decisions determined by logic.  I believe the reasoning behind Spock following Kirk is to understand his uncanny knack for being lucky... all the time.  :-\

NEVER use the Abrams universe to justify any position in Star Trek.  (At least that's my opinion and probably the opinion of many in fans.  I even liked the Abrams movies, but he tended to exaggerate a few characteristics and missed the point on others.)

While I do like a lot of the action and comedic interplay, as well as glimpses into the youthful pasts of characters that I see in the Abrams universe? The criticism that KIP just dropped is also my criticism. I think that Abrams completely missed the point of the character of Romulans, for instance. They're devious brilliant ruthless tricksters. Imo Abrams had them behaving more like Klingons are supposed to behave.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2019, 07:41:30 pm »

I believe Abrams gave a refreshing perspective that was much needed considering that Kirk gets away with a lot of _____.
I mean, a lot!  :)

Mr. Abrams version of the Star Trek series is gorgeous (visually) and the stories captures issues in a context, nature & substance, for this day and age, what that Universe would look today that everyone can relate to.

In 'Star Trek: Into Darkness' we get to see Kirk in the middle of a ménage à trois...
---with alien chicks!

How many times anyone wanted to see that? 

While I do like a lot of the action and comedic interplay, as well as glimpses into the youthful pasts of characters that I see in the Abrams universe? The criticism that KIP just dropped is also my criticism.

Supreme gets it. 

I think?  ???
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 09:16:45 pm by Battle »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2019, 01:33:27 pm »

I believe Abrams gave a refreshing perspective that was much needed considering that Kirk gets away with a lot of _____.

Mr. Abrams version of the Star Trek series is gorgeous (visually) and the stories captures issues in a context, nature & substance, for this day and age, what that Universe would look today that everyone can relate to.

In 'Star Trek: Into Darkness' we get to see Kirk in the middle of a ménage à trois...
---with alien chicks!

While I do like a lot of the action and comedic interplay, as well as glimpses into the youthful pasts of characters that I see in the Abrams universe? The criticism that KIP just dropped is also my criticism.

Supreme gets it. 

I think?  ???

Yes, he gets it.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2019, 03:52:49 pm »

---with alien chicks!

Supreme gets it. 

I think?  ???

Like I said, I liked the Abramsverse movie, but my point is shouldn't use it to make a comment about ST.  Especially since I specifically was referring to how 40s through 70s American fiction viewed intelligence, so obviously I'm talking about the orginally series in the context of how the 60s viewed Spock and Kirk.  Spock was the smart one bc he was the scientist.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2019, 03:56:27 pm »

this is yet another signal difference between T'Challa and Reed and imo it's a classic example of the difference between the SHREWDNESS that T'Challa has [ bolstered vastly by the cultural maturity which is the bedrock of Wakandan cultural philosophy from which all others spring ] which results in T'Challa oftentimes demonstrating even greater astuteness than the vaunted mind of Reed Richards.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2019, 03:57:24 pm »

---with alien chicks!

Supreme gets it. 

I think?  ???

Like I said, I liked the Abramsverse movie, but my point is shouldn't use it to make a comment about ST.  Especially since I specifically was referring to how 40s through 70s American fiction viewed intelligence, so obviously I'm talking about the orginally series in the context of how the 60s viewed Spock and Kirk.  Spock was the smart one bc he was the scientist.

I get this argument, too.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline CKW

• View Profile
    • blackpantherfanstories.wordpress.com
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2019, 05:09:23 pm »
Supreme...check out Marvel's Leonardo Da Vinci and his role in the Richard's family.  I would like T'Challa to go up against him.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2019, 08:50:48 pm »
Supreme...check out Marvel's Leonardo Da Vinci and his role in the Richard's family.  I would like T'Challa to go up against him.

I just read Marvel's impressive treatment of Da Vinci...as I had NO CLUE that Da Vinci was even part of Marvel.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Leonardo_da_Vinci_(Earth-616)

Imo T'Challa would effortlessly outclass Da Vinci at everything. Wouldn't be close. Wakandans as a civilization effortlessly produced all of the top 20 megageniuses in every human endeavor [ except apparently magic and psionics ] in every generation of their existence, for 1 million years. At least. Bashenga...1 million years ago...already solved the quandary of time travel. T'Challa...by himself...propelled the entire civilization of Wakanda--already ahead of the rest of the world by 1000 years at least...ahead another 100 years. All by himself.

I would love to take a crack at this story. Because you know what they DIDN'T tell you, but which IS PART OF HISTORY?

The Lamtuna and the Godala...Afrikans miscalled Moors...were the leading lights that caused and propelled The Renaissance. These Lamtuna and Godala were ethnic cousins of the people of Kongo, where many of my family and my family's unique fighting art of Njia Uhuru Kipura can be traced back to. And Wakanda? Definitely impacted the development of Kongo. Look at Wakanda's placement in this map [ even though for some stupid reason they keep switching Wakanda's location in Afrika ]:

So, it's not at all a stretch to opine that Wakanda indirectly but purposely aided and guided The Lamtuna and Godala and thereby purposely prompted The Renaissance of Europe, saving about 1/4 of the world's populace and ensuring the population trends that would give support to and add to the flagging number of mutants. The same mutants whom Wakanda and the world would need to battle extraterrestrial and terrestrial threats of the first order...saving valuable Wakandan resources, efforts and lives in the process. 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 08:53:25 pm by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2019, 04:48:34 pm »

[even though for some stupid reason they keep switching Wakanda's location in Afrika ]:

Due to the various writers/artists assigned to the Black Panther comicbook, MARVEL has switched the location of Wakanda many times for over 50 years in the comicbooks. 

For years, I got the impression that Wakanda was somewhere in the center of the African continent.

Wakanda  now seems to be located in East Africa.

Regarding Wakanda in relation to the other African nations & the Big Blue Marble?

Perhaps, you could pen a world history book of Africa featuring Wakanda for a little hyper-realism fun. 

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2019, 04:33:22 am »

[even though for some stupid reason they keep switching Wakanda's location in Afrika ]:

Due to the various writers/artists assigned to the Black Panther comicbook, MARVEL has switched the location of Wakanda many times for over 50 years in the comicbooks. 

For years, I got the impression that Wakanda was somewhere in the center of the African continent.

Regarding Wakanda in relation to the other African nations & the Big Blue Marble?

Perhaps, you could pen a world history book of Africa featuring Wakanda for a little hyper-realism fun. 

Don't you know that's intentional! How else do you think they kept the kingdom hidden for so long.  It moves.  They have their own version of the reality stone and periodically they move Wakanda, keeping everyone guessing where it really is. GRIN

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2019, 06:56:23 am »
Don't you know that's intentional! How else do you think they kept the kingdom hidden for so long.  It moves.  They have their own version of the reality stone and periodically they move Wakanda, keeping everyone guessing where it really is. GRIN

That would an interesting concept to pull off in a movie.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2019, 01:14:10 am »

That would an interesting concept to pull off in a movie.

Yall remember this exchange from my fanfic years ago? Chapter 2. D'Ciggs [ T'Challa's brother, a family member who was listed back in the '90's but is gone now so I returned him ] and Uncle S'yan the Swift are talking.

And then D'Ciggs broke the silence.

"Storm does not know of the Protocols activated by Doom's attack and The Phoenix's approach, does she?"

"No, nephew, she doesn't."

"So she doesn't know that you were never killed, because flesh transmuted highly enhanced Life Decoy Models replaced you and Mother long before Doom had even the most remote chance of endangering you, me or any of The Royal Family and our key functionaries at every level of government."

"She has no idea, nephew."

"She doesn't know, then, that as part of these protocols--and due to the timely vision supplied by both our great Panther God and the vast preparations done by all previous Panthers, including yourself, my father and my brother--Wakanda's civilization and all of her people would wink into our special Interdimensional Pocket, proof against detection by any means, proof against the passage of Time, the entry of any being, etc. due to our nationwide Quantum Substratum ChronoSpatial Psi Mystic Ka Manipulators? Does she at least know of the Mobility Units and Nationwide Defense Shields...

...no, she doesn't, does she, Uncle? T'Challa didn't inform her because he knew that such knowledge would impact her decision-making once The Phoenix began to make its ineluctable return. And that would remove her from being placed where TChalla wanted her to be placed, should he ever need to invoke The Roguestorm Option."

"You are starting to see the complexities now, my nephew..."

In my fanfic, T'Challa's innovations with Reality Particles [ especially useful against beings like Psycho Man, Nightmare, etc ] and Shadow Physics propelled Wakanda further and faster along almost all lines of tech, magic and ka than all previous Panthers...and this is without his KOTD enhancements.

That's a pretty good explanation for the migration of Wakanda, isn't it? Plus it's a really good way to frustrate the crap out of enemies,and underscore the myth rather than the reality of Wakanda. Make enemies not even know if Wakanda is real, and eventually forget about it...thus the Kingdom of Wakanda can remain hidden, as Stan Lee and Don initially intended.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 01:19:35 am by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2019, 06:24:40 am »
>>>Supreme

Shadow physics was one thing I thought was innovative but a nationwide Quantum Substratum ChronoSpatial Psi Mystic Ka Manipulators...? ???

Much like Tony Stark & Pepper's reaction to SHIELD agent Coulson's introduction in Iron Man, you might have to shorten that name to make it easy to package into bite sized pieces to digest.

Y'know what?   I appreciate these ideas. It's usually the wild ideas that are far more challenging to tackle that reaps the biggest rewards.

That's why I enjoy coming back to HEF because like Mr. Hudlin,  you guys are driven to create stuff & stay busy.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 06:44:45 am by Battle »

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2019, 06:47:39 am »

This here, would of been my guess and how I would tackle this Issue. Wakanda moves, on top of that, Wakandan agents also spread further confusion by making people question it's existence as well through clever deception, further protecting Wakanda. Shadow physics could play a part in that in some form