Author Topic: My New Movie: THE BLACK GODFATHER  (Read 464 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
My New Movie: THE BLACK GODFATHER
« on: May 09, 2019, 10:17:36 am »
Even some of my closest friends don't know I"ve been secretly working on a movie for years.  Which is perfect, because the subject has been shaping black pop culture for 50 years and almost no one knows who he is, almost so many famous people know and rely on him.  The movie is called THE BLACK GODFATHER and it's my first feature length documentary.  And you're gonna love it.  Go to the main page for more information.

Offline stevw424

• View Profile
Re: My New Movie: THE BLACK GODFATHER
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 10:02:52 am »
Reggie,

Congratulations! This is a long overdue recognition for a genius in this business. To have CA's portrayal in Searching for Sugarman be the only thing out there was unfortunate. Because he was truly the Godfather, he was stealth. Black talent didn't have a powerful advocate in the upper rooms until CA emerged.

I met him when I worked with SOS band on thier second album and later when I was working with Leon Sylvers.  He had an unassuming office in on Bev Hills side of Sunset Blvd. He was friendly and always open & accesible. Also, the most amazing collection of African American Art. He told me an amazing story of how he got his first house in Bev Hills. I'll share it with you the next time we connect.

This documentary comes out at an opportune time. We need to lift up & acknowledge those who made a difference while they are still here.

best
steve 

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 02:51:40 am »
Now the trailer is up on the main page.  Check it out!

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 08:37:26 am »
Mr. Reggie, I heard you on Tom Joyner this morning!

I'll be checking out this weekend!

Wow- 75 interviews over 3 years?  how challenging was the editing process?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 01:27:40 pm »
Mr. Reggie, I heard you on Tom Joyner this morning!

I'll be checking out this weekend!

Wow- 75 interviews over 3 years?  how challenging was the editing process?
Very.  We had an ocean of material, most of it really good.  hard to choose what made the cut.

Offline stevw424

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 09:42:42 pm »
Reggie,

Just finished watching your doc. I'm overwhelmed! Historical on all levels! Loved it! How you assemeld the cast of characters to help tell this story is amazing. I've got to go watch it again!

Awesome job!

Best
steve

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 08:45:13 am »
Reggie,

Congratulations! This is a long overdue recognition for a genius in this business. To have CA's portrayal in Searching for Sugarman be the only thing out there was unfortunate. Because he was truly the Godfather, he was stealth. Black talent didn't have a powerful advocate in the upper rooms until CA emerged.

I met him when I worked with SOS band on thier second album and later when I was working with Leon Sylvers.  He had an unassuming office in on Bev Hills side of Sunset Blvd. He was friendly and always open & accesible. Also, the most amazing collection of African American Art. He told me an amazing story of how he got his first house in Bev Hills. I'll share it with you the next time we connect.

This documentary comes out at an opportune time. We need to lift up & acknowledge those who made a difference while they are still here.

best
steve
Man, you worked with SOS Band and Leon Sylvers?  That's some major talent there! So glad you liked the film!