Author Topic: STAR WARS franchise  (Read 16351 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS franchise
« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2020, 05:19:23 pm »
I'm very intrigued by the High Republic era they've created. Marvel has been fairly consistent in putting out good Star Wars comics, though I still prefer when Dark Horse had the license. But it's hard for me to get into the Disney Star Wars novels.

I think the new bad guys look interesting. At this time period they can't use the Sith, though I imagine they will be in the background somewhere, manipulating things. The 200 years before Episode I feels a bit too close in time to the "Skywalker Saga" for my taste though.

It's funny that after the sequels crapped on the 'past' and had Ren urge Rey to 'kill it' that they've went created an era filled with Jedi Knights. They might ever admit the creative problems they had with the sequels but the High Republic is a chance for Disney to immerse itself in the joy of Star Wars lore and learn to appreciate the mythology more and maybe that will win them more new fans and old fans will come back.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 03:14:32 am by Emperorjones »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 06:30:18 pm by Emperorjones »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS franchise
« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2020, 05:42:13 pm »
https://www.indiewire.com/2020/06/adam-driver-kylo-ren-backstory-cut-star-wars-films-1202238452/

I wish they had listened to Driver. He was on to something with his idea about Ben Solo's backstory. Shifting his anger more toward his parents than Luke made sense, as did the idea of them being self-absorbed by their egos/heroism, or they might have seen it as sacrificing to create the New Republic. Lot of rich character development that the sequels rarely attempted to explore.

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/star-wars-empire-strikes-back-143026638.html
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 06:03:16 pm by Emperorjones »