Author Topic: STAR WARS franchise  (Read 41218 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 03:08:08 pm by Emperorjones »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS franchise
« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2021, 10:01:05 am »
'Light of the Jedi' Will Explain How Palpatine Cut the Jedi Off from the Force

http://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/light-jedi-explain-palpatine-cut-142300441.html

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 05, 2021, 12:04:48 am »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2021, 05:39:17 pm »
Sorry, but 'The Phantom Menace' is better than any 'Star Wars' movie of the last decade

http://www.yahoo.com/news/sorry-phantom-menace-better-star-111200210.html

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 07, 2021, 03:30:41 pm »
If most certainly is not. The movie is average. The best part is the lightsaber fight. Rouge One, Solo, and Force Awakens are better.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 07, 2021, 04:19:21 pm »
If most certainly is not. The movie is average. The best part is the lightsaber fight. Rouge One, Solo, and Force Awakens are better.

Phantom Menace is always at the bottom of my Star Wars movie rankings, but I got to say, compared to the sequels this article might be making some points. Phantom Menace is still my bottom though because it's the Star Wars film that disappointed me the most. I was so excited to go see it and as soon as Jar Jar showed up everything started going downhill, so I can never forgive the movie for that.

But I do think the article has some good points in terms of how more consequential Phantom Menace was than all the Disney live-action films. I liked Rogue One and Solo better-as movies-than Menace. While I will give Force Awakens points for being competently made it was so devoid of originality it's right above Phantom Menace on my rankings, as being the second most disappointing Star Wars viewing experience.

Phantom Menace is more of a noble failure, of perhaps too much exuberant excess on Lucas's part, but there were seeds there that blossomed either in later films or in cartoons like Clone Wars. The sequels were a jumbled mess, and both Rogue One and Solo were unnecessary.

It's like the sequel films were fighting against each other. Last Jedi upturned Force Awakens and then Rise of Skywalker swerved on Last Jedi. It left the sequels as feeling made on the fly and was an incomplete, unsatisfying, unfulfilling experience.

While many decried Lucas and hated on the prequels, there was enough good in them to be redeemed in the Clone Wars, and now that we have non-Lucas films to compare them to, the sequels have made the prequels look a lot better. As it stands right now it's the Mandalorian that's driving mass interest in Star Wars and there seems to be little interest in revisiting the sequel characters or taking the story beyond Rise of Skywalker.

Disney is now going back to the past with The High Republic in novels and comics, and all the Disney Plus series take place, to my knowledge, before Force Awakens. It will be interesting to see if Disney attempts to use any of them to redeem the sequels. And in a decade or so there might be sequel nostalgia that will kick and lots of sequel haters will reconsider their views on the films.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 04:21:03 pm by Emperorjones »