Author Topic: STAR WARS franchise  (Read 35773 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS franchise
« Reply #255 on: September 20, 2021, 09:52:41 am »
‘Star Wars’ Editor Marcia Lucas Slams Kathleen Kennedy and J.J. Abrams: ‘They Don’t Have a Clue’

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/star-wars-editor-marcia-lucas-154343604.html

'The Mandalorian' Season Three Is Heading In a Totally New Direction

http://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mandalorian-season-three-already-heading-165500855.html

http://www.cbr.com/star-wars-high-republic-monster-at-temple-peak-stowaway-drewen/
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 03:40:47 am by Emperorjones »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS franchise
« Reply #256 on: September 20, 2021, 01:10:38 pm »
Monday, 20th  September  ~Two Thousand & Twenty One

‘Star Wars’ Editor Marcia Lucas Slams Kathleen Kennedy and J.J. Abrams: ‘They Don’t Have a Clue’

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/star-wars-editor-marcia-lucas-154343604.html

COMMENTS SECTION

Jon

It's a shame they didn't get Jon Favreau onboard earlier. The Mandalorian is the best Star Wars product since the original trilogy, plus he kickstarted the MCU, there's a man that understands geek culture.

Chris

Completely agree with her, though I think it is less J.J.'s fault than Kennedy's.  It isn't even really Rian Johnson's fault.  He does what he always does in movies, which is to say, he twists things around and upsets expectations.  Hiring him to do Star Wars was the big mistake.  It would be like hiring some avant-garde chef from France to cook the best American barbeque.  Star Wars is more than a story, it is THE national epic of the United States, much the Illiad and Odyssey were the national epics of ancient Greece.  The point of a national epic is NOT to subvert expectations, especially if those expectations are subverted in emotionally unsatisfying ways.

Brian

It's quite clear now, Kennedy and Abrams were flying by the seats of their pants.  They should have mapped out the entire trilogy before even starting to film The Force Awakens.  And that's only half the problem with this trilogy.

Joshua

It's almost as if this article and interview took place after The Last Jedi and before The Force Awakens. The complaints about Rey are all answered in the last movie. I'm thinking most commenters haven't seen the last movie either. I do agree though, JJ and Kathleen didn't do the franchise any justice and the stories for the last three don't flow with the rest of the franchise. There was so many books already written that they could have used for material and chose not to use them. I guess they wanted to do the exact opposite of the books to try and surprise people, but all it did was make people not like the movies.

ma

So Obi Wan and Yoda both "disintegrate" as she calls it when they died.  We didn't initially know Luke's origin story and didn't get the full scope until 20 years later.   How is any of that different from what is going on in today's movies?   More to the point Carrie Fisher is dead and an insult to keep pushing her in movies as a hologram.   Ford asked to be out of the series and in the struggles of Kylo, appropriate that he would kill his own father.

These are simply people upset they are no longer in charge.

Gambit

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This is what the fans have been saying for years, so for all of you woke trolls who actually enjoy and defend the Disney Wars films, this is coming from someone close to Lucas! This new trilogy was utterly terrible! Let's go down the list shall we(Haven't seen the last film and don't plan to so I'll miss a lot of the problems from the 3rd film)
Killing Han Solo... Bad...
Killing Luke Skywalker... Worse...
Giving us a heroin who doesn't actually earn her abilities at any time throughout the trilogy... Luke was just a normal every day kid who had to train to use his lightsaber. He had to be taught the ways of the force. He had to master the force.
Rey was already a fighter with super human skills, she was not taught the force. She did not earn its ability. She was able to use it with almost no effort whatsoever. If using the Force is that easy then everyone would be using it. Why would you need a teacher even? I mean she controlled a Storm Trooper with no training at all!
Woke...
Force Awakens - Rehash of a New Hope... Must have spent a day writing it considering JJ stole the whole story from the original...
Last Jedi(Ryan Johnson...) Nuff said...
Last Jedi(Woke in the most blatantly disgusting way imaginable!)
Last Jedi(terrible story, nevermind that he was more original than JJ, it was terrible)
Last Jedi(non-sensical) Don't get me wrong you can find plotholes in most films, but the plotholes in Last Jedi were out of this world bad and obvious.

Brian

Just give the entire franchise to Dave Folini (spelling?) to oversee.

J.T.

I agree with Lucas.  I think Kennedy is a brilliant producer who has done amazing for herself over the years, but she didn't get Star Wars.  JJ has his part to play but the mix of directors made the sequel trilogy a mess.  Kennedy would have been wise to bring in people like Feloni and Favreau from the start to ensure quality stories.  She is the big picture person and would ensure they were profitable.  Heck I would have tried to bring Lucas back as well, she is an amazing editor who I feel saved A new hope in post.

Jessie

I appreciate what was done with Solo there simply because I know it's what Ford wanted. He didn't even wanna do RotJ.

And how is this not a really old interview? Lots of people don't like Rey and you may think the explanation stinks, but who she is and where her powers come from was explained.

The only thing she said that I totally agree with is the trashing of Luke. What was done to the character was indefensible, and I don't understand how Johnson kept his job after turning in that shooting script.

ma

The comments here are what happens when your life revolves around living in mom's basement.  They are movies, not reality and neither of the 2 people complaining or those commenting have any say in the matter.

M

Amen!

Ry

All I want is a Keanu Darth Revan and I can die a happy man.

FroilanD

Safe to say she won't be getting any calls from LucasMouse anytime soon.

TimothyC

I love to read stuff like this. An Oscar winning editor/contributor to the original Star Wars trilogy movies thinks the sequel trilogy was created by those that don't have a clue about what makes a great Star Wars movie (trilogy). Her comments and Favreau and Filoni being involved more prominently is definitely a good sign from the mouse house.

Concerned Citizen

But even if you look at JJ's take on Star Trek..no originality..just a rehashing of prior story lines..just like in the new star wars movies

James

She's right.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 04:12:45 am by Battle »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 09:51:13 am by Emperorjones »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 10:14:58 am by Emperorjones »

Offline Emperorjones