Author Topic: NBA Playoffs  (Read 9904 times)

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
NBA Playoffs
« on: April 05, 2007, 10:08:08 am »
Now that March Madness is over, it's time for the big boys to take center stage.  (Congratulations to the Gators.) 

My rooting interest, the Wizards, just had their playoff hopes blow-up with season-ending injuries to their two all-stars in the space of three games (Caron Butler and Gilbert Arenas).  They may coast into the playoffs but they're first round fodder for whoever. 

So I'm adopting the Spurs because of the quiet competence of the superb Tim Duncan.

Did anybody see the Bulls wax the Pistons last night?  I'm taking them in the east.

So who y'all got?
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: NBA Playoffs
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 10:11:24 am »
1. booooooooooo gators!  UGA4LIFE!

2. chicago got game.  i can't even front.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline JAXN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 01:32:33 pm »
a few of m squads are in the playoffs, but i would like to see a Denver/Miami showdown

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 03:45:40 pm »
a few of m squads are in the playoffs, but i would like to see a Denver/Miami showdown

Not to be discouraging but they're both looking like first round casualties to me.  Just sayin'...

Offline JAXN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 08:02:02 am »
yeah, Miami has gotten off to a slow start, but i don't count them out..The Bulls played them this well last year and lost. I see the same happening this year..Denver and San An are tied up right now and considering Denver has that guy named Allen to fall back on, i lean towards them.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 09:06:52 am »
yeah, Miami has gotten off to a slow start, but i don't count them out..The Bulls played them this well last year and lost. I see the same happening this year..Denver and San An are tied up right now and considering Denver has that guy named Allen to fall back on, i lean towards them.

Ever hopeful.  I don't blame you, but seeing as how I picked the Spurs and the Bulls when I kicked off this thread, I think both of those series are going the other way.   ;)  D-Wade needs to dominate for Miami to pull through but I just don't think he's physically able to do it.  I like what Denver's doing with the AI / Melo tag team but I think SA is just too good.  Denver doesn't have much margin for error.  Still, they have a real shot at this series.  This is my favorite first-round match-up so far.

Offline JAXN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 12:53:34 pm »
agreed. Although i do like the Mavs/Warriors and Lakers/Suns series, i find myself waiting for San An to play and they are solid..I salute Greg "Wolfman" Popovich for his brilliant coaching. They have great chemistry together and it's going to be tough for Denver to overcome that, but with solid performances from Melo, AI, Camby (on those boards & blocks) and Nene, they're going to make Tim and crew work for it..I agree with you about Miami too..unless guys like Eddie Jones and Walker are willing to take their games to the next level, they're going to be in trouble..I expect Wade to drop 40+ tonight in trying to make this a series.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 03:50:18 pm »
agreed. Although i do like the Mavs/Warriors and Lakers/Suns series, i find myself waiting for San An to play and they are solid..I salute Greg "Wolfman" Popovich for his brilliant coaching. They have great chemistry together and it's going to be tough for Denver to overcome that, but with solid performances from Melo, AI, Camby (on those boards & blocks) and Nene, they're going to make Tim and crew work for it..I agree with you about Miami too..unless guys like Eddie Jones and Walker are willing to take their games to the next level, they're going to be in trouble..I expect Wade to drop 40+ tonight in trying to make this a series.

He'll have to. That's a problem. The Heat are injured or healing and have
their backs to the wall. Chicago is flush with its own strength right about now.

It will take a demoralizing ass-whipping to change the momentum to Miami's favor.

D. Wade is capable of it tho, and in a seven game series anything can happen anything at all.

On a related note: Does anybody care about the Nets/Raptors series at all? Anybody?

Don't know how many more Kidd's got in him. It'd be nice if he didn't get
eliminated in the first round again.   

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 07:14:23 am »
Well, that was a demoralizing ass-whuppin' but the other way.  Miami's looking like the first defending champs to get swept in the first round. 

Speaking of ass-whuppings, Dallas got one last night.  They need to win game 4 in a bad way.  Baron Davis is going off out there.

I like J-Kidd too.  Looks like they'll handle the young Raptors.  They've got a great shot against the LeBron's, too.  I can't see them beating either Detroit or Chicago if they make it to the finals though. 

All those West series are pretty good.  If LA wins G4, that's a series.  Rockets / Jazz could go either way.  Same for the other two.  I'm happy so far.

Offline JAXN

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 12:42:53 pm »
the Heat got ran.  They'll have to do some serious revamping this summer. Starting with a solid point guard...So the last two teams from last year will get taken out in the first round and seriously is anyone surprised by the Dallas/GS series? If they're expecting Dirk to take them to the promise land, then they'll never make it. The games tonight should be good..

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 01:12:19 pm »
Not surprised in the least by what happened to the Heat. I heaven't paid attention to Golden State at ALL, have to say.

The NBA must be a mite nervous now. Scared to death is more like it.

The Heat are gone, the Mavs and the Lakers may be next.

The prospects for a big ratings payday for the NBA are beginng to go up in
smoke with three big market teams facing elimination.

When was the last time you couldn't predict the outcome of the playoffs?   
This kind of thing is good for the league in the long run.

Jenn

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 01:28:38 pm »
DEPORT DIRK!

That is all.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 09:57:04 am »
Dayum, Mavs got punked.

On to the second round.  One thing that's interesting is that both conferences have a finals before the finals series going on.  I'd be surprised if the winners of the SA-PHX and CHI-DET series don't go on to the finals.  I'm sticking with my original prediction: SA vs. CHI with the Spurs taking the ring.

Nice game yesterday with SA winning a high-scoring battle.  The pace was where the Suns wanted it but they couldn't close the deal with Nash spilling blood while the clock ran out.  Still, if the score is in the 100s+ that's a good thing for the Suns.  I don't think Tony Parker will be that hot again. 

I didn't see the NJ-CLE game.  Looks like the Cavs held serve.

Anyway, what set y'all claim?

Offline JAXN

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 01:55:35 pm »
i'm along for the ride now..the teams i wanted to see in the championship have been destroyed..Detroit and San An are looking good to me.

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 02:34:58 am »
Being in San Antonio, dont have to guess who Im leaning towards.   ;)

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."