Author Topic: NBA Playoffs  (Read 9866 times)

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Playoffs
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 10:36:00 am »
i'm along for the ride now..the teams i wanted to see in the championship have been destroyed..Detroit and San An are looking good to me.

It does look to be headed toward that rematch.  Chicago is in a must win situation going home after two blowouts.  Definitely do or die time for them.

Both of those West series look pretty good.  Similar in some ways in that Utah and SA are trying to slow down teams that go at breakneck paces and both of them won game 1 by outscoring the faster teams.  Fun to watch the contrasting styles. 

What if the Western finals ended up being GS vs. PHX?  What would be the over-under on points scored in each game?  Around 280?
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline JAXN

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 02:44:39 pm »
i wouldn't mind seeing new teams play for the prize, it would continue to shake things up in the league..i am surprised by how Detroit is beating the Bulls...i figured they'd have the advantage, but they've been wearing them out! Phoenix made it a series last night and the Jazz/GS series is great basketball!  I know no one expected to see these two teams this close to the finals..can't wait to check the game out tonight.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 09:27:45 am »
From The Sport Guy's blog:

One more thing about last night's game: Like everyone else, I was amazed and touched by the unforgettable Derek Fisher saga, one of those rare sports moments that was genuine in every respect -- the way he was greeted by the fans, the way teammates and opponents hugged him during the game, the way he channeled his anguish into the basketball game, the appreciative way his teammates were interacting with him, his monster 3 that clinched the game, his heartfelt interview after everything was over, even the gracious words of the TNT guys after the game. We'll always remember it as the Derek Fisher Game, one of those special nights that made me remember why I chose to write about sports for a living. Those nights happen from time to time, not always for the most uplifting reasons, but they always resonate. Sometimes it's not about winning and losing. We forget this.

Anyway, best wishes to Fisher and his family.

I agree completely.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 10:50:36 am by Curtis Metcalf »

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 09:40:26 am »
Well, my Eastern final pick is on life support.  The Pistons just dispatched them like old pros last night.  Detroit is practically through to the next round.  I'll be surprised if they don't sweep.

Critical games three coming up.  NJ is in a must-win situation at home.  Ditto GS.  It's win or (get ready to) go home for both of them.

SA vs. PHX is getting testy.  I like it.  We'll see what adjustments Pop makes in response to Kurt Thomas guarding Duncan alone and getting away with it in G2.  Somebody predicted that didn't they...   ;)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2007, 08:42:14 pm »
2-1 GO SPURS!

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2007, 12:55:42 pm »
Horry, Stoudemire and Diaw suspended!! http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?id=2872357

I wonder why Tim Duncan didn't get a suspension, too.  He left the bench...if they are going to apply the rules strictly, then it should apply to everyone.

Offline JAXN

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2007, 01:07:44 pm »
there wasn't an altercation on Duncan's situation and then the two incidents aren't comparable. Diaw and Stoudemire were past the 3pt line..Duncan was still in the vicinity of the bench. It's all moot now anyway..The Suns choked that game away

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2007, 01:20:11 pm »
Two game 6s tonight.  Anybody getting closed out?  I have no idea what might happen in the NJ-CLE series.  I think SA takes advantage of their good fortune at home even though they're a man short this time.  BTW, I haven't seen much commentary on that.

Congrats to Detroit.  Bulls weren't ready yet.

Offline JAXN

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2007, 02:05:07 pm »
they'll be ready in another year or two..it's funny though, it's like watching the whole bad boys/ jordan era again. Mike had to get past Detroit too. Chicago are about one or two players away..I think the Spurs will close out the Suns and i believe the Nets will even the series up...i don't know..i'm just waiting for Vince to have a big game in the post season..it may happen tonight..Utah is a sleeper..I think they're capable of beating either team in the West, so i wouldn't be surprised seeing them in the finals.

Jenn

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 07:38:02 pm »
Goddamn, it ain't the finals yet?

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 11:28:20 pm »
We are THERE!  ;)

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 08:47:49 pm »
2 words.
KING JAMES.
There is 1:35 left on the clock and it's tied 104-104.
this game is great.
2 overtimes.
..and to top it all off, King James is killin' 'em.

i hope cleveland wins the whole thing.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 09:07:24 pm »
LeBron went for 48 including Cleveland's LAST 25 POINTS (!!) to win the game in double overtime. 
Now that's Jordanesque.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 09:13:21 pm »
"Wisdom" James said "You gotta go thru Detroit to get to the Finals."
hahahahhaa...
they're half way thru.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Cleveland.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 05:22:49 am »
"Wisdom" James said "You gotta go thru Detroit to get to the Finals."
hahahahhaa...
they're half way thru.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Cleveland.

Dang!!  I don't watch Basketball like I used to, but I was enjoying the HELL out of this game.  I missed the last 1/3 of the game (baby stuff)!!  I'll have to fill in the blanks on SportsCenter this morning.