Author Topic: Agents of Wakanda series  (Read 6172 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Agents of Wakanda series
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 09:37:51 pm »
Okoye is leading them because she is T'Challa's OG and true day one ride or die chick. Loyal fierce, and badass. And to top it off, danai killed it as Okoye room that's why

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 06:22:08 pm »
Okoye is leading them because she is T'Challa's OG and true day one ride or die chick. Loyal fierce, and badass. And to top it off, danai killed it as Okoye room that's why

All good reasons, and I'm not mad at that. I just don't think that such a thing can be done "to the max" when being true to the characters of Okoye and BP. Where Black Panther and more especially Okoye goes? So do the DM...or at least the "Malaika wa Usiku wa Manane"...shortened to "Usiko wa Malaika"...Midnight Angels. Kind of eliminates the need for the other name heroes like Ka-Zar etc., unless the idea is that the name characters step in when the Usiko wa Malaika aren't the best choice for an operation. Or the Usiko wa Malaika [ probably shortened further to "Malaikas"...an USA style "Americanization" of the Swahili word for "Angel" ] to assist the main heroes, or some combo thereof.

Where are the Hatut Zeraze? Where's Hunter? Is Bucky's MCU identity as The White Wolf going to effectively erase Hunter the REAL White Wolf from comics? Or will Bucky being White Wolf be a temporary thing [ I hope it is temporary, because Hunter the REAL White Wolf is an incredible character who is criminally overlooked, imo ].

You know, I won't mind seeing Redjack's White Wolf again. I like him.

I also very much like RISE OF THE BLACK PANTHER'S White Wolf.

But the OG PRIEST ERA White Wolf is insanely dope, too. I think Priest's White Wolf was needlessly tossed aside, overlooked, etc by other writers post-Priest. As I stated before, imo that is a MAJOR WASTE OF A VERY GOOD CHARACTER THAT T'CHALLA ACTUALLY NEEDS, for various reasons. And he can flex his claws and fangs so heads respectonize the name.

Nowadays, the current BP scribe [ not TurnCoates, a REAL scribe ] imo...merely imo... would have to find some way to reconcile all previous "modern" versions of BP and White Wolf, to get the best foundation from which to build the new writers' vision of these characters.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 09:10:07 am »

All good reasons, and I'm not mad at that. I just don't think that such a thing can be done "to the max" when being true to the characters of Okoye and BP. Where Black Panther and more especially Okoye goes? So do the DM...or at least the "Malaika wa Usiku wa Manane"...shortened to "Usiko wa Malaika"...Midnight Angels. Kind of eliminates the need for the other name heroes like Ka-Zar etc., unless the idea is that the name characters step in when the Usiko wa Malaika aren't the best choice for an operation. Or the Usiko wa Malaika [ probably shortened further to "Malaikas"...an USA style "Americanization" of the Swahili word for "Angel" ] to assist the main heroes, or some combo thereof.

Where are the Hatut Zeraze? Where's Hunter? Is Bucky's MCU identity as The White Wolf going to effectively erase Hunter the REAL White Wolf from comics? Or will Bucky being White Wolf be a temporary thing [ I hope it is temporary, because Hunter the REAL White Wolf is an incredible character who is criminally overlooked, imo ].

You know, I won't mind seeing Redjack's White Wolf again. I like him.

I also very much like RISE OF THE BLACK PANTHER'S White Wolf.

But the OG PRIEST ERA White Wolf is insanely dope, too. I think Priest's White Wolf was needlessly tossed aside, overlooked, etc by other writers post-Priest. As I stated before, imo that is a MAJOR WASTE OF A VERY GOOD CHARACTER THAT T'CHALLA ACTUALLY NEEDS, for various reasons. And he can flex his claws and fangs so heads respectonize the name.

Nowadays, the current BP scribe [ not TurnCoates, a REAL scribe ] imo...merely imo... would have to find some way to reconcile all previous "modern" versions of BP and White Wolf, to get the best foundation from which to build the new writers' vision of these characters.

Well because of Coates the DM has been significantly reduced, I believe really on Okoye is loyal to the thrown and the rest are reduced in numbers/ are with the MA now. Also it's a chance to give Okoye some much needed development and agency.

Also this quote from another forum is a good one too

You know who I'd suspect of being agents of Wakanda? Wakandans.

You know who I wouldn't suspect? A talking gorilla, a Tarzan-looking dude, a New York socialite turned superhero, a space werewolf, an immortal sumo wrestler, and a Native American biker. Folks who can act on behalf of Wakanda's interest without making people go, "Yeah, that's gotta be Wakanda."

That being said, there needs to be more Wakandans. Kasper is a given. I think akilli would be alright, or hey, bring back taku and rescue him from the techno jungle.

Hunter only works if he was Redjacks version. Current 617 Hunter can't be trusted and would torpedo the team. I think though the reason Hunter doesn't get used much is because he is a white character. Kinda the same reason Ross isn't used much. The BP mythos doesn't need white characters to help sell. So while k like the concept of Hunter, I am not super keen about the need to have a white characters in the mythos and being major supporting characters. But Hunter is okay as a foil or anti villain.
[/b]

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2019, 04:25:51 pm »

Well because of Coates the DM has been significantly reduced, I believe really on Okoye is loyal to the thrown and the rest are reduced in numbers/ are with the MA now. Also it's a chance to give Okoye some much needed development and agency.

Also this quote from another forum is a good one too

You know who I'd suspect of being agents of Wakanda? Wakandans.

You know who I wouldn't suspect? A talking gorilla, a Tarzan-looking dude, a New York socialite turned superhero, a space werewolf, an immortal sumo wrestler, and a Native American biker. Folks who can act on behalf of Wakanda's interest without making people go, "Yeah, that's gotta be Wakanda."

That being said, there needs to be more Wakandans. Kasper is a given. I think akilli would be alright, or hey, bring back taku and rescue him from the techno jungle.

Hunter only works if he was Redjacks version. Current 617 Hunter can't be trusted and would torpedo the team. I think though the reason Hunter doesn't get used much is because he is a white character. Kinda the same reason Ross isn't used much. The BP mythos doesn't need white characters to help sell. So while k like the concept of Hunter, I am not super keen about the need to have a white characters in the mythos and being major supporting characters. But Hunter is okay as a foil or anti villain.
[/b]

Having energetically and religiously NOT A READ A SINGLE ISSUE of TurnCoates BP in years? I had zero idea about the reduction of the DM and Okoye being possibly the only loyal DM, etc etc etc.

I just...can't believe that the same brutha who absolutely MERKED racist Republican Senator Majority Leader McConnell is just DEFECATING on BP in THE WORST WAYS. This dude has the credentials and genius to propel BP to ridiculous heights by standing atop of the crushing success of MCU BP and just telling mindblowing stories from there. But...noooo!

And YES, I agree with the notion that clearly nonWakandan types like Ka-Zar and Gorilla Man etc etc are good choices to maintain the cover of The Agents of Wakanda [ btw I would have suggested ELEKTRA for the team, too, if she wasn't already part of SAVAGE AVENGERS; that's when I remembered that JESSICA DREW SPIDER WOMAN was a highly trained assassin for HYDRA, and would be a sweet addition on the stealth disguise and powers tip for AoW ]. That's why I said they should be brought in if the regular "agents" with a "little a" Wakanda aren't getting the job done. And YES I know that such a scenario is implied and/or given in the very premise of the book...

...but what happens is? The power of the nation of Wakanda gets reduced. There is a danger that Wakanda will appear as if it NEEDS SPECIFICALLY NONWAKANDANS TO HANDLE IT'S MOST DIRTY AND DANGEROUS DEEDS. Nuh-uh. Not loving that. That's why? Kasper is a MUST. So is? That one armed DM who was part of Shuri's P.R.I.D.E. And I keep bringing this overlooked sistah up, but since we can't have ELEKTRA? Let's get someone better. A SISTAH. Who is KNOWN TO BE BETTER THAN ELEKTRA, EVEN BY ELEKTRA HERSELF.

Ladies and germs...reintroducing DRAKE. The very FIRST "Elektra". The BETTER version. And? After whoopin the young'un Elektra? She became the Sensei of Elektra

Her history is here:

https://www.writeups.org/drake-elektra-marvel-comics/

We could say that Drake was recruited by T'Chaka and her community work put her in the perfect friggin position to be a Wakandan North American operative.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2019, 08:00:18 pm »
I have to disagree with the sentiment that Wakanda gets reduced. Why? Because Wakanda is so powerful it doesn't need to bother with the small stuff. If it requires Wakanda then they will do so. But it's literally in the same vein as when you have mentioned before cases or villains that should not even be on BPs blimp and the DM would handle said villains. Same thing with this team. I simply agree that Agent's of Wakanda need to have more Wakandans because while it's okay to have non Wakandans, there needs to be actual Wakandans as well and it's very important that it happens 

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2019, 05:42:27 pm »
I have to disagree with the sentiment that Wakanda gets reduced. Why? Because Wakanda is so powerful it doesn't need to bother with the small stuff. If it requires Wakanda then they will do so. But it's literally in the same vein as when you have mentioned before cases or villains that should not even be on BPs blimp and the DM would handle said villains. Same thing with this team. I simply agree that Agent's of Wakanda need to have more Wakandans because while it's okay to have non Wakandans, there needs to be actual Wakandans as well and it's very important that it happens 

you know? I'm not mad at this^^^either. That makes sense, too.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2019, 12:23:22 am »

Zub is a deep cut kind of guy and when he gets on a title he does his research on all characters involved so it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s aware of even wakandans that have been all but forgotten. This does include also having conversations with writers of charters solo titles such as he has mentioned keeping in contact with Ahmed for Miles/Kamala and Ewing for Riri so that sadly now includes Coates BUT unlike Coates Zub knows wtf he’s doing