Author Topic: Grindhouse  (Read 4563 times)

Offline Ed

• View Profile
Grindhouse
« on: April 06, 2007, 08:50:37 pm »
Alright, who watched it and what did ya think?

I personally found it very enjoyable, however I thought the second part of Death Proof kinda boring. I felt Tarantino relied on dialogue a little too much. I know it's his thing but come on, it's suppose to be a grindhouse flick.

The Thanksgiving trailer by Eli Roth has to be the funniest Preview I have ever seen in my life.

Planet Terror was the better of the two movies. I didn't know that Rose Mcgowan had the much booty.It was bigger than both the black chicks from Death Proof.

Offline Sam Wilson

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Grindhouse
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 09:28:27 am »

I personally found it very enjoyable, however I thought the second part of Death Proof kinda boring. I felt Tarantino relied on dialogue a little too much. I know it's his thing but come on, it's suppose to be a grindhouse flick.

The Thanksgiving trailer by Eli Roth has to be the funniest Preview I have ever seen in my life.

Planet Terror was the better of the two movies. I didn't know that Rose Mcgowan had the much booty.It was bigger than both the black chicks from Death Proof.

I saw them last night. Planet Terror was awesome, el ray is the man.

It was very satisfying to see those four annoying bitches die in Death proof, goddamn I wanted them to die so bad and then they bought it totally nastily. And then the stuntwoman's revenge, well, that was awesome as well...

Offline Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 01:44:18 pm »
That is how I felt about the second batch of chicks. Yeah the revenge was cool but it didn't top the crash with the first batch of girls. I thought the end would have led up to something that would have topped it but no.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 04:44:22 pm »

I saw them last night. Planet Terror was awesome, el ray is the man.

It was very satisfying to see those four annoying bitches die in Death proof, goddamn I wanted them to die so bad and then they bought it totally nastily. And then the stuntwoman's revenge, well, that was awesome as well...

I'm glad it wasn't just me rooting for Kurt Russel. ;D

If I want to hear a bunch of annoying chicks yak I'd go to a bar for real. I'd least it be more tolerable un-sober. ;D

It's kinda ass backward to do a junk flick parody when Hills Have Eyes 2 is out.

I liked the trailers better than the movies. "Thanksgiving" was the kinda movie I was actually watching 15 years ago.

Offline masigl4179

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 05:37:54 pm »
That movie was insane! By the time I was born most of the old grindhouse movies where going straight to video but I remember watching all kinds of crazy movies like Mothers Day or The Gates of Hell when I was a kid. Anyway, I'm kinda of torn about which one I liked better. I think Rodriguez may be the better director, but Taratino may be the better writer because of his dialogue, however, I really didn't see the ending coming in Deathproof.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 06:12:55 pm »
Death Proof finally came over here. I have to agree with most of the opinions here on the first victims. However, because of the disconcerting editing, I don't really have any hate or full sympathy for the first four victims. I don't know what they were saying about Jungle Julia or 'Butterfly' to make me connect with them. Their deaths were shocking and wrong, but - you know - what was the point? They're just victims of a maniac.  :-\

Now the next batch of victims - priceless! The ending of this film was damn satisfying! If Zoe doesn't get a 2008 Stunt Award for that then they're got noooooo taste.  :D

My friends and I watched this film instead of "Elizabeth" and "The Kingdom". I'm watching Elizabeth alone tonight.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 06:53:07 pm »
My friends and I watched this film instead of "Elizabeth" and "The Kingdom". I'm watching Elizabeth alone tonight.

I actually liked both of those movies much more than grindhouse!

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 07:25:38 pm »
Were they good? I have no interest in watching "The Kingdom". But I love Cate Blanchett.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 09:35:27 am »
I actually really liked the Kingdom because it was done without a pro/anti war theme.  I tend to be turned off to movies "with a message" because they often times just hit you over the head with that message. 

I enjoyed both Elizabeth movies, but actually liked the sequel, "The Golden Age," more.

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 03:26:03 pm »
I'm getting pretty sick of Tarantino and Rodriguez.

I know what these flicks were supposed to be, but damn!

Tarantino thinks he can just pass any piece o shyte off on the public and they'll eat it up.

RR is cool, but he's giving it away little by little.

I thought both DP and PT should've gone straight to camcorder DVD

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 05:38:56 pm »
I'm getting pretty sick of Tarantino and Rodriguez.

I know what these flicks were supposed to be, but damn!

Tarantino thinks he can just pass any piece o shyte off on the public and they'll eat it up.

RR is cool, but he's giving it away little by little.

I thought both DP and PT should've gone straight to camcorder DVD

I thought it was creative, intentionally using outdated techniques and old quality to enhance the story. But it's a good thing Tarantino only makes this stuff every few years. Such films should come in small doses. As for Rodriguez, I don't care much for him. His "El Mariachi" was as good as it got for such stuff.