Author Topic: BET's top 25 Dancers of all time  (Read 9408 times)

Offline True Father 7

• Honorary Wakandan
  • The maker the owner the cream of the planet earth
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
BET's top 25 Dancers of all time
« on: April 07, 2007, 12:50:40 am »
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog&pop=1&ping=1&indicate=1

Any of yall peep this? There was definitely highs ( Nicolas Brothers number 3 and yes ya boy Chris Brown at 4 which he DOES deserve) and lows ( Puffy!? J-Lo higher than Rosie Perez who instructed her and no Debbie Allen, New Edition, Kid N Play, Sisquo or Ginuwine) Ya girl Ciarra should have been higher than Missy and Aaliyah too. Usher not in the top 10? Like Chris Brown ya boy Usher can do it all. Everything that people in that top25 can do Usher and Chris Brown can do but there's alot they can do that others can't. It was cool to see Hammer in the top 10 but I don't think any act merged r and b and hip hop dance the way Bell Biv Devoe did and their clones TLC should have got recognition as well. Over all I really enjoyed the program. James Brown no. 1 over Michael? Hmmmmm.....if you gonna put anyone before Michael I guess it would be him. Gregory Hines was kinda low and I'm sure anyone who's seen Tap will agree don't remember where they placed my man Savion Glover but he was pretty high up. That ish was tight though I didn't see no Rocksteady represented or poppers like Bugaloo Shrimp. U know it's funny..........I'm watching all the comments about Michael's moonwalk at the Motown 25 and the reaction it garnered. What witnesses of that occassion don't realize is brothers in hip hop had BEEN doing moves like that in the seventies. Anyone who has read a Michael Jackson book knows where he got that move from. Hip hop runs entertainment!
"Don't count the days, make the days count"-Muhammad Ali

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: BET's top 25 Dancers of all time
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 06:07:15 am »
oh snap!
i missed this?
when did it air?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline BarbaraB

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 11:33:55 am »
Wow, no Debbie Allen or Kid n Play? I understand that you can't include everyone, but KnP have a couple dances that people still do.

You cant tell me that your not still salty (yeah salty) that you can't jump over your own leg.

Offline True Father 7

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 03:31:37 pm »
Wow, no Debbie Allen or Kid n Play? I understand that you can't include everyone, but KnP have a couple dances that people still do.

You cant tell me that your not still salty (yeah salty) that you can't jump over your own leg.

lol

Jenn

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 09:20:05 pm »
Where was Janet? If she wasn't in the top five, there's no reason to even acknowledge this list.

I'm watching all the comments about Michael's moonwalk at the Motown 25 and the reaction it garnered. What witnesses of that occassion don't realize is brothers in hip hop had BEEN doing moves like that in the seventies.

Exactly, which is why James Brown deserves the nod over Michael, as well as Jackie Wilson.

No Debbie Allen? Boo, BET. Don't tell me they left off Alvin Ailey as well. There really didn't need to be 25 dancers. To be on top, you have to change the game, or at least add something significant to it. Chris Brown? PLEASE.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 07:18:19 am »
alvin ailey DID make the list.
and janet WAS in the top 5.
:)

i finally caught the show last night and it was pretty good.
i'm trippin' that chris brown is ranked at number 4, but hey... it's all subjective.

and the brothers?
oh my dayam.
the jump-splits down the stairs?  Awesome and painful 2 watch.
and then they slide down the banister while doin' the splits?
INCREDIBLE!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 08:27:26 am »
I know it's BET so it will be replayed but when?

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 09:46:09 pm »
Where was Janet? If she wasn't in the top five, there's no reason to even acknowledge this list.

I'm watching all the comments about Michael's moonwalk at the Motown 25 and the reaction it garnered. What witnesses of that occassion don't realize is brothers in hip hop had BEEN doing moves like that in the seventies.

Exactly, which is why James Brown deserves the nod over Michael, as well as Jackie Wilson.

No Debbie Allen? Boo, BET. Don't tell me they left off Alvin Ailey as well. There really didn't need to be 25 dancers. To be on top, you have to change the game, or at least add something significant to it. Chris Brown? PLEASE.

You aren't attacking a show you haven't actually seen, are you Jenn?

Jenn

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 10:14:32 pm »
I'm asking a question. But anything that ranks Chris Brown over Janet Jackson has no merit.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 06:13:40 am »
and this is why top 25 lists are created.
Controversy.
not everyone will agree because the compilations are all subjective.
i didnt agree with chris brown's ranking but hey...the show itself was decent.
it seemed hella short, though.  Not enuff history on the people and not enuff jokes.
plus most of the commentary wasn't that funny.

but the show was decent and i'm glad i watched it.
who else would have done a top 25 dancers?
now that it's done...there can be a redux show!
"The REAL Top 25 Dancers!"

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 08:31:20 am »
Beyonce was on the list.
Beyonce was in the top ten.
Ciara, Jennifer Lopez and Usher even didn't make top ten.
But Beyonce was in the top ten.
Ciara was number 25, Tina Turner, Beyonce and a slew of other artists were placed before her.
Therefore, this list is null and void.

The only thing I really enjoyed about the program was that sexy ass host and choreographer...Fatima Johnson(?) I believe. Hmm, she looks beautiful and her smoky voice had me sold. Charlie Murphy was great too, him and that dude that had on the Jeri curl wig and doing a MJ dance when the credits were rolling. I was like, "take ya time brotha, you almost got it." :D
...Rassclaat.

Offline BarbaraB

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 01:48:50 am »
I was going to ask about Fatima. I know she's behind the scenes of a lot of dance routines. I gotta see this when it comes back on especially if Charlie Murphy is in it. I can't get enough of him.

Offline True Father 7

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 09:08:21 am »
Beyonce was on the list.
Beyonce was in the top ten.
Ciara, Jennifer Lopez and Usher even didn't make top ten.
But Beyonce was in the top ten.
Ciara was number 25, Tina Turner, Beyonce and a slew of other artists were placed before her.
Therefore, this list is null and void.

The only thing I really enjoyed about the program was that sexy ass host and choreographer...Fatima Johnson(?) I believe. Hmm, she looks beautiful and her smoky voice had me sold. Charlie Murphy was great too, him and that dude that had on the Jeri curl wig and doing a MJ dance when the credits were rolling. I was like, "take ya time brotha, you almost got it." :D

One word............Tocarra, delicious!  But she don't like skinny brothers like me with the Bruce Lee Chaka Zulu physique.   Heads hating on Chris Brown.  This young kid got mad energy and merges poppin breakin and crumpin all in his routine without losing his breath when he performs.  The kid is amazing for his age.

PEACE

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 10:27:58 am »
i feel you on chris brown, true.  i didnt realize that he was incorporating all of those styles until this top 25 show.

very interesting.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 10:34:06 am »
I don't think many here are hating or debating on Chris Brown's talent level...I think it's more along the lines of...he's too new...he hasn't been doing it long enough to merit such a lofty position.  I mean, ahead of Savion Glover and Gregory Hines??  Maybe this should have been the Top 25 Most Commercial/Pop Musical Dancers of all time.  It's like making a movie called The Last Negro On Earth, starring Tom Hanks!

OK...that last line had nothing to do with the topic...but that's one of my favorite Paul Mooney quotes!
:D