Author Topic: BET's top 25 Dancers of all time  (Read 9435 times)

Offline True Father 7

• Honorary Wakandan
  • The maker the owner the cream of the planet earth
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
Re: BET's top 25 Dancers of all time
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007, 04:25:10 pm »
On a related note, how many albums does it take to get consideration in the GOAT polls in the hip-hop era?  For instance, Eric B and Rakim got four.  (BTW, they're all available on Amazon for $7.97)

An absolute minimum of three.

True indeed, knowledge wisdom and understanding
"Don't count the days, make the days count"-Muhammad Ali

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2007, 12:00:13 pm »
And Cuuuuuurrrrrtissssssssss...................Biggie died March 9th, one album was on the shelves before he passed.  Life After Death came out March 25th

PEACE
Ah, I see.  I'm sure you're right, TF7.  Your hip-hop knowledge is encyclopedic.  But isn't that kind of a technicality?  The album was clearly finished and ready to go.  It's not like those other posthumous albums that take whatever was left in the vault and finish them off for release.

not a technicality fam, just the truth and hard facts.  You wouldn't believe how many changes could have been made in that timespan between his death and the release of the lp.  Some songs could have been pulled, better songs added with his input, different guest appearances he may have wanted and some could have been added after he passed, that's just a few.

PEACE
All that in two weeks?  Aight, I take your word for it.  You think "Life After Death" would have changed much if he hadn't died?

Two albums still leaves him short of the magic number.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2019, 06:11:28 pm »