Author Topic: It's cheaper to keep her  (Read 10141 times)

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
It's cheaper to keep her
« on: April 13, 2007, 04:52:44 pm »
The Jordan divorce may be the most expensive in entertainment history.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20070413/D8OG0O2O0.html

Offline BarbaraB

• View Profile
    • my site
Re: It's cheaper to keep her
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 08:29:50 pm »
She's about to get paid!

Do we know why they're getting divorced?

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 04:33:46 am »
Lol, he is Jordan do you have to ask? A friend of mine who played pro football said that it was well known that Mike was knocking the women out of the park. When they first separated I think he was getting a little too disrespectful with his other women, she gave him an ultimatum. I guess he couldn't keep his end. I guess you really need to be free if you will pay 200 million for the women at the club? :-\

Jenn

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 08:01:03 am »
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 08:25:40 am »
That is a helluva mid life crisis. Jordan is old now kids about to go to college and now after all of those years together instead of buying a new lambo he got to start dating the 20 year old chicks...200 million for that? Makes sense to me :-\.not.

Offline BarbaraB

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 09:26:43 am »
Now those women will want to f*** Wanita instead of Mike

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 03:16:52 pm »
Damn...oh well....he can afford it.  Now, a brotha like myself will have a roommate before he has an ex-wife, alimony and child support payments! LOL  I guess Mike was hittin' Magic City when he dropped by the ATL a little too hard.

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 08:45:20 pm »
It always cheaper to keep her. I'm telling you if she likes it you love. There is no million dollar cookie out there. As a good friend always tells me you show me the most beautiful woman in the world and I show her man that's tired of fu*ki$$g her and I always tell him and she been faking for just as long. So just find things in common and make things work cuz' trust it's never easy.

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 10:40:34 pm »
Juanita:  BALLLLLLLLIIIIIN!
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 01:09:53 pm »
I have never been a fan of the 50/50 settlement across the board.Bottom line? Juanita didn't do one thing to be worthy of Mike's millions.Whatever you can say Juanita did,you can ALSO say Mike did.Mother? Hell,Mike's a father...THAT'S HOW JUANITA GOT TO BE A MOTHER.She didn't play one bball game.She never faced Magic and Larry.She didn't go to ONE bball practice and dish to Scottie or Phi Slamma Jamma or anyone.She didn't get her ankles broken by A.I.

Basically,she's gettin paid because she screwed the greatest bball player in history and lived with him.Hell,you can hit the club and get a maid and snuggle up to all your millions,man.The institution of marriage is getting so difficult on the downside that a lot of people--including me--are highly suspect of it.Hell,it's getting to the point that you don't even want to have kids anymore because she'll get millions just for that.She went through changes for nine months--which put you through changes for nine months--and she gets paid millions and millions for the rest of her life.From you.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline BarbaraB

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 02:20:51 pm »
I have never been a fan of the 50/50 settlement across the board.Bottom line? Juanita didn't do one thing to be worthy of Mike's millions.Whatever you can say Juanita did,you can ALSO say Mike did.Mother? Hell,Mike's a father...THAT'S HOW JUANITA GOT TO BE A MOTHER.She didn't play one bball game.She never faced Magic and Larry.She didn't go to ONE bball practice and dish to Scottie or Phi Slamma Jamma or anyone.She didn't get her ankles broken by A.I.

Basically,she's gettin paid because she screwed the greatest bball player in history and lived with him.Hell,you can hit the club and get a maid and snuggle up to all your millions,man.The institution of marriage is getting so difficult on the downside that a lot of people--including me--are highly suspect of it.Hell,it's getting to the point that you don't even want to have kids anymore because she'll get millions just for that.She went through changes for nine months--which put you through changes for nine months--and she gets paid millions and millions for the rest of her life.From you.

WooW

Jordan is not hurting from losing that money. Not that that fact alone makes it right for her to get half.

What about the fact that she's been there since the beginning? I think even before he was a big star. What about her holding down the house and the family while he was on the road and probably knocking the bottoms out of groupies? Yeah he could have gotten a maid to take care of his kids and his house, but he didn't. Are you saying that a maid is a good substitute for a mother?

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 04:54:28 pm »
Jordan knew that the possibility of paying out all that money was incentive for him to “act right”.
He didn’t.  Now it’s time for Juanita to bounce.  I suppose Juanita has been grinning and bearing it for years.  She’s obviously reached her limit.  Things would have to be pretty unbearable for her to relinquish him and his whole estate for only half of it.
Of course she deserves it!  Yes, it’s an enormous amount of money, but  wasn’t she  with Jordan before the money?    SI, you say is not worthy of Jordan's millions, I say it was a trade-off.  Perhaps if she had not been married to him, she would have made her own money doing her own thing.  We will never know.
Also, Juanita has grown accustomed to a comfortable lifestyle over her years with Air Jordan.  Should she be penalized for her husband’s philandering?  Should she be tossed back to the projects?  I hardly think that’s fair. 
Lastly, half Jordan’s current estate is a FIXED AMOUNT that Juanita will have to budget to last for the rest of her life.  Without the promise of future earnings, she will have to scale her lifestyle back accordingly. 
Of course it’s cheaper for him to keep her!  But she only comes out on top only if she stays.  There are no winners here.  (Except Jordan’s attorneys and hoze.)

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 02:46:44 am »
Magic...I was trying to understand your perspective until I read this line... "Lastly, half Jordan’s current estate is a FIXED AMOUNT that Juanita will have to budget to last for the rest of her life.  Without the promise of future earnings, she will have to scale her lifestyle back accordingly."  Come on!!  $150 Million and she has to "scale back her lifestyle"??  If Jordan only made $50K per year, then yeah, she'd have to scale back, but when you get over $100 Million, I think she's going to be RATHER comfortable for the rest of her days if she doesn't earn a single penny from now till eternity.  All without having to have Bill Laimbeer hit her in the ribs for driving the lane!

And why do we ALWAYS come down on the man for infidelity??  How do we know she didn't have Eduardo Suave living in the guest house, knocking it out six ways to Sunday while MJ was on the road?  Why is it the wife is always the victim?  I don't buy it...we don't know the story and Juanita could have been just as freak nasty as you all know MJ to be.We always want to make it seem like the woman's sitting at home with a candle by the window waiting for her philandering husband to come home, but I'll bet if you open up her closet door bones are falling out left and right, too. 

I also disagree with your assessment about winners...everybody wins...Jordan's not hurting for money and he can get all the young stuff he wants, Juanita's not hurting for money and she can go get another young buck, herself...and the lawyers are just counting money and diving into stacks of it like Uncle Scrooge.

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 08:58:09 am »
Most of the time I side with Catch with cases like this except for here. No Juanita was not there from the exact beginning but close. She was there right before the take off. 89 I believe. From the book the Jordan Rules Juanita was the catch back in the day and dated several ball players before meeting Jordan. You see. Everybody ain't wifey material and I ususally know whats up when the famous person is with a 7 or 8 instead of that 10. I believe the marriage was an agreement the whole time and she played her part. They have beautiful well raised kids. Look at Coach Reed kids of the Philadelphia eagles. She showed up when she was supposed to, smiled for the cameras. Now that the kids will be out the house soon, they can stop fronting. He can do his thang and she can stop being defined as Jordan's wife. Sh*t 17/18 years I say it's a good deal on both accounts.

Now some of those other groupies out there. ::)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 09:20:35 am »
Well... I hope brother Mike doesn't do like Paul McCartney, hook up with someone on the rebound and have to do another divorce soon after..

I wonder will the base price of new Jordans go up further?
Be Kind to Someone Today.