Author Topic: Best BP Appearances not in his own title (or Avengers)  (Read 204 times)

Offline TomOW

• View Profile
Best BP Appearances not in his own title (or Avengers)
« on: July 02, 2020, 09:04:54 pm »
Hey folks.

I'm looking for more Black Panther to read. I've hit all the most obvious stuff - Jungle Action and everything with Black Panther in the title. I'm working my way through his Avengers appearances. I read Ultimates, Ultimates˛, X-Men: Worlds Apart, the half dozen issues of New Fantastic Four where he and Storm are on the team. A few other things.

MindofShadow's blog post (here) has been super helpful. I'm not at the point yet where I want to track down every guest appearance. I'm just looking for recommendations for the best appearances that aren't in his own title (or Avengers). Is there anything that you think is especially fun or significant?

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Best BP Appearances not in his own title (or Avengers)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 04:28:36 am »
How significant should his presence be? He is in a few good stories of Wolverine from the Hudlin time period, but not a major character, more of a plot mover.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline TomOW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 04:02:26 pm »
It can be pretty small, as long as one of the things you like about the story is how Black Panther is represented. It doesn't have to be all about him, like Iron Man Annual #5 or something. Just something where BP is written well or does something cool.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 04:34:28 pm »
Wolverine #41. Only in the first couple pages, but a good single issue story.

Wolverine #52 and #53. The complete story is 50-55.

Over the Edge(Daredevil) #6

New Avengers: Illuminati One-Shot. Might be the best comic Bendis ever wrote. Lol.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 04:37:27 pm by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline TomOW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 06:03:33 pm »
Awesome! Thanks so much. I'll check all of these out.

Is it the 2003-2009 run for the Wolverine issues?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 06:06:16 pm by TomOW »