Author Topic: Ja'net Dubois, 'Good Times' Star, passes at 74  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Ja'net Dubois, 'Good Times' Star, passes at 74
« on: February 18, 2020, 04:44:42 pm »
Tuesday, February 18th 2o2o
Ja'net Dubois, 'Good Times' Star, passes at 74
by Reid Nakamura

"Good Times" star Ja'net Dubois has passed away at the age of 74.

Dubois was found dead at her home in Glendale on Tuesday morning, according to TMZ.

Her representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment from TheWrap.

The actress starred on the CBS sitcom "Good Times" for five years from 1974 to 1979 as Willona Woods, the gossipy divorcee and next-door neighbor of the Evans family.

She went on to appear in a number of film and TV projects, including voicing one of the main characters on the stop-motion animated series "The PJs."

Dubois's work on "The PJs" earned her two Emmys for Outstanding Voice-Over Performance in 1999 and 2001.

She also earned a NAACP Image Award nomination in 1998 for a guest appearance on "Touched by an Angel."

Her other credits include "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka," "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle," Moesha," "Sanford and Son," "The Facts of Life," "The Steve Harvey Show," "A Different World" and "Everybody Loves Raymond."

In addition to acting, Dubois also co-wrote and sang the "Jeffersons" theme song, "Movin' on Up."

Would You Like To Know More?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/janet-dubois-good-times-star-dies-at-74-report/ar-BB108mkT?ocid=spartanntp
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 10:20:49 pm by Battle »

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Ja'net Dubois, 'Good Times' Star, passes at 74
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 05:42:36 pm »
Damn.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 03:19:03 pm »
May she rest in peace.

I just saw an interview with John Amos yesterday and praise the Lord the man looks amazing for 80!

He looks great period for that matter!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 05:20:20 pm »
Sunday, 23rd February 2o2o
Ja'Net & Janet

by ESSENCE MAGAZINE

The world is still grappling with the loss of actress Ja’Net Dubois, including her family and close celebrity friends such as co-star Janet Jackson.

The R&B singer, who is set to return to the ESSENCE Festival Of Culture in July, took to Instagram Tuesday to remember her late friend and co-star.

“I am so very saddened to hear my longtime friend Ja’Net DuBois has passed away,” she began in a caption.

“I saw first hand how she broke stereotypes and changed the landscape for Black women in entertainment.”

“I’m grateful in recent years I had a chance to see her and create more lasting memories. I pray for comfort for all her family and friends,” Jackson concluded.

“Thank you Ja’Net, I’ll miss you.”

Dubois and Jackson played longtime neighbor and restrictive mother Willona Woods and her adoptive daughter Penny respectively, on Good Times.

The two later collaborated in Jackson’s iconic video for “Control,” which was obviously a nod to their roles in 'Good Times'.

Another co-star of Dubois, Viola Davis, who starred in ABC’s live Good Times special last December, also took to social media to remember the late actress.

“Oh man!!! Just saw you! What a pleasure it was to meet you,” she wrote in a caption of a photo from the special.

“You shaped so much of the best memories of my childhood! God bless you, Ja’net DuBois! RIP.”

The Emmy Award-winning actress died peacefully Tuesday in her sleep inside her Glendale, California home.

She was 74.

Would You Like To Know More?
https://www.essence.com/celebrity/janet-jackson-good-times-co-star-janet-dubois/