Author Topic: How Many Caught A Case Of Covid-19?  (Read 5796 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Caught A Case Of Covid-19?
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2020, 08:23:44 am »
Wednesday, 8th July 2o2o

Florida hit with 9,989 new virus cases as the death toll nears 4,000

Hundreds of people waited in line for free virus testing at the Miami Beach Convention Center on Wednesday, June 24th, 2020.

Florida's Division of Emergency Management increased the capacity at the testing site to 1,000 from 750 on Thursday.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2020, 07:46:29 am »
Friday, 10th July 2o2o
‘The price of denial’: Teenager died after attending church party as Florida reopened
by Miami Herald

Carsyn Leigh Davis, 17, died after contracting COVID-19.

She had attended a church function with 100 other children where no one was wearing masks or social distancing, according to a county medical examiner’s report

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2020, 07:28:42 am »
Wednesday, 15th July 2o2o
Individual-1 Strips Center of Disease Control of Control of Virus Data
by Sheryl Gay Stolberg and Mish

(WASHINGTON, D.C.) — Individual-1 has ordered hospitals to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all Covid-19 patient information to a central database in Washington beginning on Wednesday.

The move has alarmed health experts who fear the data will be politicized or withheld from the public.

The new instructions were posted recently in a little-noticed document on the Department of Health and Human Services website.

From now on, the department — not the C.D.C. — will collect daily reports about the patients that each hospital is treating, the number of available beds and ventilators, and other information vital to tracking the pandemic.

Officials say the change will streamline data gathering and assist the Executive Mansion virus task force in allocating scarce supplies like personal protective gear and remdesivir, the first drug shown to be effective against the virus.

But the Health and Human Services database that will receive new information is not open to the public, which could affect the work of scores of researchers, modelers and health officials who rely on C.D.C. data to make projections and crucial decisions.

Hospitals have been ordered to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all patient information to a central database in Washington, raising questions about transparency.

The new instructions were posted recently in a little-noticed document on the Department of Health and Human Services website.

From now on, the department — not the C.D.C. — will collect daily reports about the patients that each hospital is treating, the number of available beds and ventilators, and other information vital to tracking the pandemic.

“Historically, C.D.C. has been the place where public health data has been sent, and this raises questions about not just access for researchers but access for reporters, access for the public to try to better understand what is happening with the outbreak," said Jen Kates, the director of global health and H.I.V. policy with the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation.

“How will the data be protected?” she asked.

“Will there be transparency, will there be access, and what is the role of the C.D.C. in understanding the data?”

Michael R. Caputo, a Health and Human Services spokesman, called the C.D.C.’s system inadequate and said the two systems would be linked. The C.D.C. would continue to make data public, he said.

“Today, the C.D.C. still has at least a week lag in reporting hospital data,” Mr. Caputo said.

“America requires it in real time. The new, faster and complete data system is what our nation needs to defeat the coronavirus, and the C.D.C., an operating division of H.H.S., will certainly participate in this streamlined all-of-government response. They will simply no longer control it.”

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2020, 10:17:12 am »
Wednesday, 15th July 2o2o
Ex-Broward sheriff and current candidate Scott Israel hospitalized with COVID-19
by Skyler Swisher

Scott Israel, former Broward County sheriff who is running to re-gain the office, has been hospitalized with COVID-19.

“Last night I tested positive for COVID-19,” Israel said in a statement released by his campaign.

“I am in a local area hospital for further evaluation. After experiencing symptoms over the past several days and at the urging of family and friends, I decided to take another coronavirus test. This time, unfortunately, the test was positive."

“Like most of you, I took precautions, followed the advice of health experts, wore a mask in public, washed my hands regularly and observed social distancing. Yet, despite this vigilance, I have contracted the virus. My outlook is positive, my faith is strong, and I rest in the strong support of loving family, friends and colleagues. While I am quarantined our campaign will continue, in earnest. Please protect one another, love one another, stay vigilant and fight, fight, fight for the health and safety of our community.”

Israel was ousted from office in January 2019 by Governor Ron DeSantis and replaced with Gregory Tony, who Israel is facing in the August 18th Democratic primary.

Would You Like To Know More?
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-ne-scott-israel-covid-hospitalization-20200715-l554qwxzevh45lqjpnbe6qwdmi-story.html

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2020, 03:24:53 pm »
Thursday, 16th July 2o2o
US Health Department directs CDC to add hospital data back to its website
by CNN's Kaitlan Collins

The Department of Health and Human Services directed the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to re-establish on their website public hospital data after they were criticized because some of it was removed Wednesday.

"HHS is committed to being transparent with the American public about the information it is collecting on the coronavirus. Therefore, HHS has directed CDC to re-establish the coronavirus dashboards it withdrew from the public on Wednesday. Going forward, HHS and CDC will deliver more powerful insights on the virus, powered by HHS Protect," said Assistant Secretary of Public Affairs Michael Caputo.

As of now, the previously removed dashboard modules were back online.

The CDC has also added language to their page announcing that they will not be updating this data past July 14th.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-07-16-20-intl/h_be4c6fadbe85b175f2edb1fcecc838e3

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2020, 06:15:35 pm »
Friday, 17th July 2o2o
British Airways retires entire 747 fleet after travel downturn
by BBC

The UK airline is the world's largest operator of the jumbo jets, with 31 in the fleet.

"It is with great sadness that we can confirm we are proposing to retire our entire 747 fleet with immediate effect," a BA spokesman told the BBC.

Airlines across the world have been hit hard by COVID-19 related travel restrictions.

"It is unlikely our magnificent 'queen of the skies' will ever operate commercial services for British Airways again due to the downturn in travel caused by the Covid-19 global pandemic," the spokesman added.

BA, which is owned by International Airlines Group (IAG), said the planes will all be retired with immediate effect.

The 747s represent about 10% of BA's total fleet.

It had planned on retiring the planes in 2024 but has brought forward the date due to the downturn.

According to travel data firm Cirium there are about 500 747s still in service, of which 30 are actively flying passengers.

More than 300 fly cargo and the remainder are in storage.

The Boeing 747 is beautiful, distinctive and has half a century of proud service behind it.

But - as a passenger plane at least - it is also quite simply outdated.

A four-engine aircraft, it is far less efficient than modern twin-engine models, such as the Airbus A350, the 787 Dreamliner, or even the older Boeing 777 - all of which are cheaper to run.

Before the Covid-19 crisis, the writing was on the wall.

Airlines such as Air France, Delta and United had already retired their fleets.

BA had planned to use them for another few years.

But the crisis in the industry means a future in which there will be fewer passengers, fewer planes - and keeping costs down will be crucial.

So now the airline has decided the queen of the skies is a luxury it can no longer afford.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53426886

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2020, 08:36:54 am »
Thursday, 23rd July 2o2o

According to MSNBC on Twitter, NEW: Coronavirus cases in the US surpass 4,000,000,

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2020, 09:13:05 am »
Friday, 24th July 2o2o
stephen miller rejects claim grandmother died of COVID-19
by Ron Kampeas

stephen miller, a top adviser to individual-1, is insisting his grandmother did not die of COVID-19, despite a death certificate that states otherwise.

miller’s maternal uncle, David Glosser, who has criticized miller in the past for crafting individual-1’s restrictive immigration policies, took to fakebook to commemorate the death of his mother, Ruth Glosser, who died at 97 in Southern California, Mother Jones reported Thursday.

He said in the post she died of “the late effects of COVID 19.”

The Executive Mansion has come under fire for mishandling the pandemic.

On Thursday, the number of infected in the United States hit 4 million.

The death toll tops 141,000.

Mother Jones asked the Executive Mansion for a response.

“This is categorically false, and a disgusting use of so-called journalism when the family deserves privacy to mourn the loss of a loved one,” the Executive Mansion said.

“His grandmother did not pass away from COVID. She was diagnosed with COVID in March and passed away in July, so that timeline does not add up at all. His grandmother died peacefully in her sleep from old age. I would hope that you would choose not to go down this road.”

Mother Jones presented the Executive Mansion with her death certificate, which listed “respiratory arrest” and COVID-19 as “a condition leading” to the cause of death.

The Executive Mansion doubled down, saying Ruth Glosser had recovered from a “mild” case of COVID-19 in March.

David Glosser told the liberal online news site that she never recovered.

In 2018, Glosser wrote a broadside against his nephew calling him an “immigration hypocrite” for crafting policies that Glosser said would have consigned their Jewish immigrant ancestors to the mercies of Nazi Europe.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2020, 01:59:34 pm »
Tuesday, 28th July 2o2o

Good Morning, America!
By the numbers:

12 million Americans were unable to pay last month’s rent, another 23 million don’t know where they will find money to pay next month’s rent.

By the colors:
States with eviction protections

Red: Nope
Yellow: Limited
Green: Yep

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2020, 12:38:41 am »
Friday, 31st July 2020
Herman Cain dies from Covid-19
by CAITLIN OPRYSKO and LOUIS NELSON

Herman Cain, the businessman and political activist who made a splash in Republican politics as a 2012 presidential candidate, died on Thursday at the age of 74 after being diagnosed with Covid-19.

Cain was diagnosed with the disease caused by COVID-19 in late June and was hospitalized earlier this month in Atlanta when his condition worsened.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2020, 02:33:21 am »
Sunday, 11th October 2o2o

Mickeymushi and the African CDC Chief, Dr John Nkengasong on Youtube offers a simple explaination why CNN Cannot Believe Africa is Doing Better Against COVID-19 than the West

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2020, 12:02:16 pm »
Wednesday, 14th October 2o2o

A Japanese supercomputer shows how humidity can have a large effect on the dispersion of virus particles, pointing to heightened COVID-19 contagion risks in dry, indoor conditions during the winter months.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2020, 10:39:43 am »
Thursday, 15th October 2o2o
5 Reasons Why Africa's COVID-19 Death Rates are Vastly Lower than the West

Africa accounts for about 17% of the global population but has only accounted for 3.5% of the reported 1.1 Million global COVID-19 deaths.

This fact alone has baffled many in the west; some coming up with very racist reasons and not accepting that Africa is better than the west when it comes to handling and managing Covid-19.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2020, 07:52:28 am »
Friday, 16th October 2o2o
chris christie admits he was 'wrong' to not wear a mask
by Paul LeBlanc

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie revealed Thursday he spent seven days in an intensive care unit before recovering from Covid-19, and implored Americans to wear masks and take the pandemic "very seriously."

"The ramifications are wildly random and potentially deadly," Christie said in a statement.

"No one should be happy to get the virus and no one should be cavalier about being infected or infecting others."

Christie tested positive for Covid-19 earlier this month and checked himself into Morristown Medical Center as a precautionary measure.

"Within 24 hours, I went from feeling absolutely fine to being in the intensive care unit," Christie said Friday on ABC's "Good Morning America."

He said he was treated with the antiviral drug remdesivir and Eli Lilly's monoclonal antibody combination therapy.

News of his positive diagnosis -- which came a day after Individual-1 announced that he and his third wife had both contracted the virus -- followed his assistance to Individual-1 in preparing for the first presidential debate in a series of sessions where no one wore masks.

Christie, who is extremely overweight and asthmatic, had also attended a Supreme Court nomination ceremony for Judge Amy Coney Barrett on September 26th, now believed to have been a super spreader event.

Both indoors and out, participants at the September 26th event were observed without masks and not practicing recommended social distancing measures.

At least 12 attendees tested positive after attending.

Reflecting on his own thought process before contracting the virus, Christie conceded Thursday that he had believed "when I entered the Executive Mansion grounds, that I had entered a safe zone, due to the testing that and I and many others underwent every day."

"I was wrong," he said

"I was wrong to not wear a mask at the Amy Coney Barrett announcement and I was wrong not to wear a mask at my multiple debate prep sessions with Individual-1 and the rest of the team. I hope that my experience shows my fellow citizens that you should follow CDC guidelines in public no matter where you are and wear a mask to protect yourself and others."

On "Good Morning America" Friday, Christie said he made "a big mistake" by letting his guard down on the White House grounds, "and it cost me in a significant way."

"I was led to believe that all the people I was interacting with had been tested and it gave you a false sense of security," he said.

Asked if the Executive Mansion has learned the same lessons, Christie said, "I think we should be even more affirmative" with telling others to wear masks.

"Leaders, all across the politics, sports, the media, should be saying to people, put your masks on and be safe until we get a vaccine that could help to protect us," he said.

The warning from Christie stands in stark contrast to Trump's message since testing positive himself.

After departing from Walter Reed National Military Medical Center earlier this month, Individual-1 told his followers the virus that had hospitalized him for 72 hours was nothing to fear before posing for a mask-less photo op on the Executive Mansion balcony.

"Don't be afraid of Covid. Don't let it dominate your life," Individual-1 had written several hours before walking carefully out the hospital's front doors, even as his doctors warned that he wasn't yet "out of the woods."

Noting that the US "may seem very divided today," Christie ended his statement Thursday with a call to action -- urging people to follow best public health practices while reopening as many businesses as possible.

"It is never too late to start. It will take leadership that both challenges and trusts the American people," he said.

"After all, we are America, the world's greatest hope."

Christie said on ABC that the Executive Mansion did not reach out to him to do contact tracing, but that it was done by his local county board of health in New Jersey.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/chris-christie-reveals-he-spent-7-days-in-icu-and-admits-he-was-wrong-to-not-wear-a-mask/ar-BB1a4yLd?ocid=uxbndlbing