Author Topic: BP OP - Marvel Is Rewriting Black Panther's Origin Story  (Read 3182 times)

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP OP- STORMZY - SUPERHEROES video
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2020, 11:25:47 am »

Play it from here.
https://youtu.be/q-EW4-B11hw
courtesy of CBR's Pumbaa
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2020, 04:28:18 pm »

Play it from here.
https://youtu.be/q-EW4-B11hw
courtesy of CBR's Pumbaa

This was very powerful, I thoroughly enjoyed it

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2020, 03:05:33 pm »
This is who fans want to replace Chadwick Boseman as the Black Panther
By Chris Smith

One of the obvious choices would be to recast a different actor as TíChalla/Black Panther. But itís unlikely that fans would appreciate such a move. It would also be incredibly difficult for a different actor to accept the role. Boseman is TíChalla, and his Black Panther should be honored by not giving the part to a different actor, even if Bosemanís passing causes issues for Marvelís plans.

full article
https://bgr.com/2020/09/13/marvel-movies-black-panther-2-chadwick-boseman-replacement-options/

What Should Come Next for Black Panther after Loss of Boseman
Reuters news agency reported this story. Alice Bryant

Writers, professors and activists spoke to Reuters news agency about the cultural importance of the movie and Bosemanís performance. Some said Marvel should honor Boseman by retiring the character of TíChalla and choosing another character to name as Black Panther.

full article
https://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/what-should-come-next-for-black-panther-after-loss-of-boseman/5575842.html

Disney Has Reportedly Decided On How To Proceed With Black Panther 2
By Scott Campbell

According to our intel, the plan at the moment is for TíChalla to be written out of Black Panther 2 before the story starts as heíll apparently die off-screen. Shuri will then assume the mantle and become Wakandaís new protector on a permanent basis.

full article
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/disney-reportedly-decided-proceed-black-panther-2/

IS THIS WHAT FANS REALLY WANT?!?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 03:07:27 pm by Ture »

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2020, 03:30:05 pm »
This is who fans want to replace Chadwick Boseman as the Black Panther
By Chris Smith

One of the obvious choices would be to recast a different actor as TíChalla/Black Panther. But itís unlikely that fans would appreciate such a move. It would also be incredibly difficult for a different actor to accept the role. Boseman is TíChalla, and his Black Panther should be honored by not giving the part to a different actor, even if Bosemanís passing causes issues for Marvelís plans.

full article
https://bgr.com/2020/09/13/marvel-movies-black-panther-2-chadwick-boseman-replacement-options/

What Should Come Next for Black Panther after Loss of Boseman
Reuters news agency reported this story. Alice Bryant

Writers, professors and activists spoke to Reuters news agency about the cultural importance of the movie and Bosemanís performance. Some said Marvel should honor Boseman by retiring the character of TíChalla and choosing another character to name as Black Panther.

full article
https://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/what-should-come-next-for-black-panther-after-loss-of-boseman/5575842.html

Disney Has Reportedly Decided On How To Proceed With Black Panther 2
By Scott Campbell

According to our intel, the plan at the moment is for TíChalla to be written out of Black Panther 2 before the story starts as heíll apparently die off-screen. Shuri will then assume the mantle and become Wakandaís new protector on a permanent basis.

full article
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/disney-reportedly-decided-proceed-black-panther-2/

IS THIS WHAT FANS REALLY WANT?!?

Letitia Wright cannot carry the action that BP 2 would require. I love her as an actress, but she is not BP. She can be The Ancient Future, but not BP of the MCU.

Bottom line is? I will support BP 2 even with Letitia as the new BP. I will wish her the best...sincerely. But we need the Afrakan man to be front and center...as T'Challa...in this series. The most persuasive argument to me is that EVERYONE knows that each of these actors would be replaced in their iconic roles. Robert Downey Jr. IS Iron Man...until the NEXT Iron Man comes around. BP IS T'Chadwick...until the NEXT BP is cast.

This is a deep tragedy. I'm still not adjusted to it. However, I do know that Chadwick would want the BP legacy to continue. We ALL know that EVERY ACTOR who debuted the heroes in the MCU wants their characters to outlive them.

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP OP - Fake News - What the "Fans" Supposedly Want?!?
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2020, 04:52:24 pm »
What some real fans are saying...

Not being disrespectful to Chadwick because he gave us a great T'Challa but the role has to be recast. I don't expect anyone who takes the role to be the same as Chad but they shouldn't be afraid of it either. If anything they should be inspired by what Chadwick has done. We're all feeling some kind of way now and some want to put T'Challa on the shelf. I can't speak for Chad but does anyone honestly think that he would want a character as powerful and inspirational as T'Challa just put aside?That just doesn't seem right.

If anything we need T'Challa to inspire more young black kids to be heroes. Just because we have Shuri doesn't mean we need to lose T'Challa.

courtesy of CBR's Marvell2100

Yea I disagree. These are characters, immortal concepts and representations of things and ideas that actors bring to life. It's not easy or fun but replacing a character in the an ongoing continuity isn't nearly as much of an issue if the actor and script are up to par, at least for me.

Like I said, this is a golden age of comic adaptations. T'Challa deserves to be at the forefront of this cultural zeitgeist before he gets phased out for Shuri or Kaspar Cole. Anything other than that is a missed opportunity with potential consequences in other mediums.

courtesy of CBR's chief12d

I'll say this about recasting T'Challa in the MCU...I personally think Disney SHOULD recast T'Challa. Because so far, he already "died" in his solo movie, then was "resurrected" later in the movie and reclaimed his kingdom, THEN died FOR REAL when he got snapped by Thanos in Infinity War, then got resurrected FOR REAL when he came back through the portal in End Game, thus regaining his kingdom. It would look extremely foolish for Disney to now kill the character off YET AGAIN and thereby have him lose his kingdom YET AGAIN. How many times are they going to kill this black man?

Also, if Disney does not recast T'Challa, then they would be setting up a dangerous precedence, because God forbid, what if other actors and actresses portraying major characters in the MCU pass away? Are they not going to recast those characters and kill those characters off as well, especially if those characters' story arcs aren't complete? If they do, it would look odd. If they don't recast T'Challa, but recast those other major characters, it would also look odd.

In addition, T'Challa himself in the MCU was/is a major inspiration to a lot of people because of the Black Panther movie, and I don't feel as though you permanently kill off a character like that, knowing how important he is to a lot of people, especially kids.

I also think it's odd that some people on certain sites can't fathom having T'Challa be portrayed by anyone other than Chadwick Boseman. It's definitely sad that Chadwick has transitioned, but to act as though no other black man can ever portray T'Challa because that actor might not be as good at it as Chadwick was, is baffling to me. Because now we're talking about denying other black actors the opportunity to portray T'Challa, who is such an iconic character.

That's almost like saying, "Well, I loved the way this particular writer wrote Black Panther in his solo series, but since the writer passed away, I really can't see anyone else writing T'Challa as well as HE did, therefore, I don't think anyone else should write T'Challa in his own solo book, because the writing of T'Challa might not be as good. So let's replace T'Challa in his own book with Shuri, or another character!"

courtesy of CBR's MoneySpider

If they don't recast MCU Panther, my Black Panther fandom may die with Chadwick.

BP's comics suck. He isn't in the limited Marvel video games yet and if he isn't int he movies anymore, they will stop even having him in DLC stuff. They will have the replacement.

I guess there might be a new cartoon eventually but there is nothing on the horizon. And even if there is a cartoon, they may just decide to use the replacement. Because they makes perfect business sense and I wouldn't blame them.

I would have nothing to look forward too in regards to BP fandom.

So basically, I would have my trades, one movie, EMH and Pantherjack, and some cameo movies. Id just be an old head talking abot the good ol days aka what... 2 whole ass years lol?

MCU Black Panther Franchise without T'challa isn't my thing. I saw T'chaka get blown up. So T'challa get stabbed and thrown off a water fall, say T'challa get disintegrated, and then I gotta sit through another movie about someone else taking the mantle because T'challa died again? Yeah no thanks.

If MCU Shuri was like comic shuri it would be easier to stomach but sh*t... MCU shuri ain't about that life so they would have to retool a character they already retooled just to make it fit. And then we get ANOTHER "live up to my dead relative" story. Joy. Can't wait. Maybe they can have Wakandan's fight over it in the movie too! because that would be exciting again!

courtesy of CBR's MindofShadow

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP OP - Fake News - What the "Fans" Supposedly Want?!?
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2020, 08:01:18 pm »

Sterling K. Brown on Chadwick Boseman and 'Black Panther' Future

Tuesday on "The Talk" actor Sterling K. Brown opens up about former "Black Panther" co-star and friend, Chadwick Boseman and the franchise's future. "There is no replacing the epitome of grace and dignity. Chad was the perfect T'Challa. May he rest in peace, may he rest in power. Man, bright light, boy.

That being said, and I believe that Chad would feel the same way, the story of "Black Panther" is bigger than one person. The story of the diaspora of blackness throughout the world, and the way in which this movie sort of galvanized and brought us together, was so amazing."

Brown adds, "The most technologically advanced country in the world, with all the resources that they have, with all the intelligence that they have, we gotta keep going. It means so much for us to be seen in that light, and then for other people to see themselves in us.

Because for such a long time we've been told, we can't relate to black stories, that people won't be able to see themselves. But you know what, we just sold a billion, so I think we can go ahead and do it again."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/talk-sterling-k-brown-chadwick-213057203.html

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP OP - Sterling K. Brown on Chadwick Boseman and 'Black Panther' Future
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2020, 09:49:45 pm »

My Two Cents: Killing off T'Challa is a short-sighted idea and would be a mistake on a number of levels, many of which are represented in MoneySpider's quote above. Absolutely loved Chadwick and am still grieving his loss. However, T'Challa could and should be bigger. He should continue to thrill and inspire our youth while providing a shining example of Black strength and excellence! This is needed and should not be dismissed. There are many more T'Challa stories to tell and more Black artists to convey them, Aldis Hodge and Jonathan Majors come to mind. Not as replacements for Chadwick, but successors. I love Letitia and Shuri and would love to see the character further explored, pursuing her own stories. In over 50 years, I've consumed a ton of stories featuring a plethora of heroes. Precious few have looked like me. Our kids have it better in this regard thanks to T'Challa and Luke Cage and Black Lightning. I had Flash Gordon, Batman and James Bond. Much as we love the players, it's the characters that allow us to imagine and dream. Now of all times is not the time to take T'Challa away. I truly believe Chadwick would agree.

My Two Cents.

Peace,

Mont

I just feel like cutting T'Challas time short would be a huge mistake all over the guise of being "respectful"  and "no one could replace Chadwick" I mean with Spiderman, Batman, James Bond and superman movies, no one is replacing the actor that played the character before them, but rather they are a successor. And the same should be done for Chad. I mean look at what he has said in interviews, no where does it sound like he wanted the character to live and die with him. He wanted to keep inspiring people as the character on obviously, but he wanted the character to continue to grow. Plus I really just have a hard time not seeing Shuri as a Tony Stark type, quippy and fun, but not serious enough for the role of ruler and BP, and if you have a sudden change in personality it can be weird..

And again I am all for Black girl empowerment, it's a great thing, however, it needs to be demanded and pushed in it's own vein with characters who are their own stand alone heroes and not supporting cast members of other heroes trying to take the role fro. The protagonist. That rarely ever works and it's a huge disservice to the franchise to do so. Plus when seeing all these articles popping up about how marvel can tribute T'Challa they are frankly... All about agendas and nothing about honoring Chad. Latest one was killing T'Challa off in a post credit scene and having the person who does it be the next big bad to "have him die heroically whole also setting up how dangerous the next big villain is and setting their arc in motion" and it just reeks of agenda and using T'Challa as some sort of prop for someone else. So for me? I will keep pushing back and supporting a recast so T'Challa can get his fill story told to completion and he gets the respect he deserves and Chad gets the respect for all his hard work that he deserves as well

Ezyo

I think so too. Losing Chad was a heart breaker no doubt but I think that they have to carry on with T'Challa as BP and do a recast. It would be alot worse to lose both Chad and T'Challa.

marvell2100

I think the bottom line is? They're going to have to recast T'Challa...and do it for the next movie. My entire heart has been riven by the loss of T'Chadwick. I can only approach it with a bit of surrealism, like I know it's real...but not really. Same thing when considering someone like JDW to be his replacement as T'Challa. It...doesn't feel real. Even though I am absolutely certain that T'Chadwick would want us to replace him and indeed knew that even if had beaten colon cancer, T'Chadwick could only play T'Challa for a short period of time in his life. And T'Challa would both be played by younger actors and T'Challa the character would outlive us all.

supreme illuminati

PREVENT THE ASSASSINATION OF T'CHALLA THE BLACK PANTHER!

RESIST THE A.G.E.N.D.A.

Chadwick Boseman's legacy deserves nothing less!

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
Thanks Ture for this thread and for sharing the views of the Black Panther fans.
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2020, 10:20:11 pm »

My Two Cents: Killing off T'Challa is a short-sighted idea and would be a mistake on a number of levels, many of which are represented in MoneySpider's quote above. Absolutely loved Chadwick and am still grieving his loss. However, T'Challa could and should be bigger. He should continue to thrill and inspire our youth while providing a shining example of Black strength and excellence! This is needed and should not be dismissed. There are many more T'Challa stories to tell and more Black artists to convey them, Aldis Hodge and Jonathan Majors come to mind. Not as replacements for Chadwick, but successors. I love Letitia and Shuri and would love to see the character further explored, pursuing her own stories. In over 50 years, I've consumed a ton of stories featuring a plethora of heroes. Precious few have looked like me. Our kids have it better in this regard thanks to T'Challa and Luke Cage and Black Lightning. I had Flash Gordon, Batman and James Bond. Much as we love the players, it's the characters that allow us to imagine and dream. Now of all times is not the time to take T'Challa away. I truly believe Chadwick would agree.

My Two Cents.

Peace,

Mont

I just feel like cutting T'Challas time short would be a huge mistake all over the guise of being "respectful"  and "no one could replace Chadwick" I mean with Spiderman, Batman, James Bond and superman movies, no one is replacing the actor that played the character before them, but rather they are a successor. And the same should be done for Chad. I mean look at what he has said in interviews, no where does it sound like he wanted the character to live and die with him. He wanted to keep inspiring people as the character on obviously, but he wanted the character to continue to grow. Plus I really just have a hard time not seeing Shuri as a Tony Stark type, quippy and fun, but not serious enough for the role of ruler and BP, and if you have a sudden change in personality it can be weird..

And again I am all for Black girl empowerment, it's a great thing, however, it needs to be demanded and pushed in it's own vein with characters who are their own stand alone heroes and not supporting cast members of other heroes trying to take the role fro. The protagonist. That rarely ever works and it's a huge disservice to the franchise to do so. Plus when seeing all these articles popping up about how marvel can tribute T'Challa they are frankly... All about agendas and nothing about honoring Chad. Latest one was killing T'Challa off in a post credit scene and having the person who does it be the next big bad to "have him die heroically whole also setting up how dangerous the next big villain is and setting their arc in motion" and it just reeks of agenda and using T'Challa as some sort of prop for someone else. So for me? I will keep pushing back and supporting a recast so T'Challa can get his fill story told to completion and he gets the respect he deserves and Chad gets the respect for all his hard work that he deserves as well

Ezyo

I think so too. Losing Chad was a heart breaker no doubt but I think that they have to carry on with T'Challa as BP and do a recast. It would be alot worse to lose both Chad and T'Challa.

marvell2100

I think the bottom line is? They're going to have to recast T'Challa...and do it for the next movie. My entire heart has been riven by the loss of T'Chadwick. I can only approach it with a bit of surrealism, like I know it's real...but not really. Same thing when considering someone like JDW to be his replacement as T'Challa. It...doesn't feel real. Even though I am absolutely certain that T'Chadwick would want us to replace him and indeed knew that even if had beaten colon cancer, T'Chadwick could only play T'Challa for a short period of time in his life. And T'Challa would both be played by younger actors and T'Challa the character would outlive us all.

supreme illuminati

RESIST THE A.G.E.N.D.A.

Brother Ture? I can't thank you enough for your tireless, peerless excellence.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
Another voice:

Quote from: Chesterfield;5164172
Then actors need to Man the hell up! It's a job, a job that comes with a huge responsibility which is why it's important to cast the right actor for the role BUT not to kill the character off or replace him! This is an opportunity to contribute to something meaningful. What does it say about black men too afraid to be asked questions and compared to Boseman's portrayal? Cowardice, that's what it says. If that's the case and mind set then we don't deserve another Black Panther movie period. Let black actors stick to their stereotypical comic relief, gangbanger, slave needing a white saviour roles. How many white actors and even black actors have expressed they would love to portray a character like James Bond and this is in the wake of Daniel Craig who has made the role his own despite the initial backlash to his casting? Sorry but yes, it's sad hat Boseman has passed away, he was a great T'Challa but like Shuri herself said, "...it doesn't mean it can't be improved". A potential new actor for T'Challa could explore characteristics that build upon what Boseman started. Taking on the role is a huge undertaking and responsibility and should be approached with such a purpose and not to shy away from it.[/size]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 05:37:34 am by Marvell2100 »
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Another voice:

Quote from: Chesterfield;5164172
Then actors need to Man the hell up! It's a job, a job that comes with a huge responsibility which is why it's important to cast the right actor for the role BUT not to kill the character off or replace him! This is an opportunity to contribute to something meaningful. What does it say about black men too afraid to be asked questions and compared to Boseman's portrayal? Cowardice, that's what it says. If that's the case and mind set then we don't deserve another Black Panther movie period. Let black actors stick to their stereotypical comic relief, gangbanger, slave needing a white saviour roles. How many white actors and even black actors have expressed they would love to portray a character like James Bond and this is in the wake of Daniel Craig who has made the role his own despite the initial backlash to his casting? Sorry but yes, it's sad hat Boseman has passed away, he was a great T'Challa but like Shuri herself said, "...it doesn't mean it can't be improved". A potential new actor for T'Challa could explore characteristics that build upon what Boseman started. Taking on the role is a huge undertaking and responsibility and should be approached with such a purpose and not to shy away from it.[/size]

NGENDUMISO [ "WITH PRAISE/BRAVO/PRAISE HIM/CHEER FOR HIM" ], CHESTERFIELD!! He needs to come to HEF, forthwith!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 08:28:08 am by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Thanks Ture for this thread and for sharing the views of the Black Panther fans.

You are more than welcome Marvell2100. Brothers and sisters like you make it all worthwhile.

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2020, 11:36:09 am »

My Two Cents.

Peace,

Mont

Ezyo

marvell2100

supreme illuminati

RESIST THE A.G.E.N.D.A.

Brother Ture? I can't thank you enough for your tireless, peerless excellence.

My humble appreciation for your kind words Brother Supreme Illuminati. Fans and enthusiasts like yourself are the reasons why I do what I do.

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Then what's the point of a Black Panther movie? T'Challa IS the story. I dont care how many people want to go on about Shuri this or M'Baku that; they're not it T'challa is. If people want to see Wakanda without T'Challa then they can go and petition for a D+ show or whatever.

I can't take Thor seriously. He's become somewhat of a joke since EG. Sure, he had his comedic moments from the start but that whole hippy fat thing...nah. They can do whatever they like with Thor, he's become somewhat inconsequential to me BUT T'Challa is a very different case. I do care and the character and his world need to be given the appropriate respect, care and treatment and that means ensuring T'Challa is at the forefront. But like you said, Marvel will tell whatever story they want and if there's no T'Challa; I'm 100% out.

CBR's Chesterfield

We hear you loud and clear.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 11:48:25 am by Ture »

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
After online backlash, Minneapolis police cancel 'Black Panther' movie night
The screening was to be held at Chicago Ave and Lake St.
BY DECLAN DESMOND

An attempt at community outreach seems to have backfired for Minneapolis police, at least in the unforgiving comments sections of social media.

The Minneapolis Police Department (MPD) has announced that a free public showing of Marvel Studios' "Black Panther," which was scheduled for 7:00 p.m. Friday, is postponed "until further notice."

The tentative cancellation came a day after the event was announced. MPD's social media accounts did not offer a reason for the decision, but it was clear from hundreds of comments on both Twitter and Facebook that the movie night was not well received.

Some comments called the screening "tone deaf," while others criticized the choice of venue as well as the decision to show Black Panther. A number of users also questioned the safety of holding such an event in the middle of a pandemic.

Others thought the timing of the move was poor, as it came the same week Derek Chauvin ó the former officer who killed George Floyd in May ó was released from jail on bond, a decision that led to a protest at the intersection where Floyd died.

There was some support for the screening, however, with some commenters praising the police department for the gesture.

BringMeTheNews has reached out to MPD for comment on the cancellation.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/after-online-backlash-mpls-police-cancel-black-panther-movie-night