Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER - The Disney+ Experience - Falcon and the Winter Soldier  (Read 9946 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Redjack commented on the cbr. Saying that in the preview they just started engaging the enemy and didn't know what the were up against.. I also think he did it to showcase that WHY T'Challa is their leader, he is THE guy

I read the explanation. It made it worse. Lol. So all the equipment is in the field because the shield is being threatened.

If I'm in the group being sent to investigate, I'd start with the sheath deployed. It'd have been better to say it was a standard patrol compsed of air and ground troops that got ambushed and the shield wasn't deployed yet.

Because before this scene, Knull has already surrounded the planet with symbiote.

well, i guess you'll have to read the whole story.

it's not like I'm going to spoil it just to explain four pages.

^^^^This likely means? That Redjack has a cogent explanation for what is a blatantly obvious issue [ the undeployed sheath ]. That sheath thing? Was THE FIRST thought I had when I read the unnamed Wakandan and T'Challa's interaction, so I was very much with Ezyo there.

Redjack? My manz RJ. I'm glad that you already addressed this issue. I was buying it anyway, but to get this encouraging [ if semi-oblique ] response from you? Makes a big difference. Now I can tell my boyz...with confidence...to step up n get the RJ BP on this joint right here.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Courtesy of Dboi from the CBR:

Quote from: Dboi654;5367818
https://aiptcomics.com/2021/02/08/king-in-black-black-panther-1-review/

Quote from: Dboi654;5367790
Another good review

https://comicbookdispatch.com/king-in-black-black-panther-1-review/

Based on the reviews it confirms one thing I already knew/ wished, that this was a 2-3 parter, if for nothing else but to give us a SWaD part II vibe

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Courtesy of Dboi from the CBR:

Quote from: Dboi654;5367818
https://aiptcomics.com/2021/02/08/king-in-black-black-panther-1-review/

Quote from: Dboi654;5367790
Another good review

https://comicbookdispatch.com/king-in-black-black-panther-1-review/

Based on the reviews it confirms one thing I already knew/ wished, that this was a 2-3 parter, if for nothing else but to give us a SWaD part II vibe

For the first time in YEARS. I can show up to a comic book shop and buy a BP from a Black man that makes me PROUD. That THRILLS me.

Geoffrey Thorne? Redjack? RJ? Thanks, man. We needed that.

Now if only Marvel Editorial could stop being IDIOTS and let you run the whole show visavis the solo BP comic AND the BP cartoon series..?

Nah. That's simply too good of an idea for them to allow. Too much Orlando Jones and Mr. Nansi style powerful positive Blackness.

On the other hand? "Stranger things have happened..."

Here's hoping for some Strange Blackness...BP Style.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER - King In Black - Can We Call it Black Wednesday?
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2021, 01:00:42 am »
It was okay. The pieces were all there, but after the opening battle, there were twelve pages of repeated conversations that pulled me out of the story. By the time the second battle came I had lost interest.

Checking the page count, looks like there are about 10 more pages than the average Marvel book. Cut out those extra and the book would be close to perfect

My story nitpicks are...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Storm and Shuri had a big falling out in X of Swords Wakanda. Tchalla as well, but him thinking about her isn't a stretch. As far as I know, that hasn't been resolved. Why is Shuri concerned about her at this point?

Okoye was as worried about the energy prowler being revealed as Shuri was about Storm taking the sword without Tchallas' permission. She didn't want the world to know. Was that because it could be easlily be smuggled into other countries for use?

Why use Klaws sonic cannon? Especially if he has to modify it anyway. lol
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 04:26:05 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2021, 09:16:28 am »
I bought two issues, real comics. It has been way too long since I had the tactile experience of turning pages and holding them up close to see the artist's details and the visual vibrancy of colors leaping at me. Too long since reading words that expressed respect and a long felt familiarity for the titular character. It's been years since I enjoyed a Black Panther comic book, yea I'm calling this a Black Panther comic akin to an annual or giant sized edition. I read Black Panther King in Black with enthusiasm not hesitation, with a sense of excitement not dread and you know what? I really liked it.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2021, 11:43:09 am »
Just got another issue. I like the variant.

What makes this book so appealing to long term fans and enthusiasts is that it successfully pulls from so many of the defining aspect of the BP mythos and melds it into an enjoyable narrative that reminds us how great a black Panther solo could be while being easily accessible to the casual BP indulgent.

I think Redjack will be receiving a communique from the Marvel offices very soon.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER - King in Black is Back!
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2021, 03:20:18 pm »
EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THEIR COPY BY NOW.

NUFF SAID.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER - King in Black!
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2021, 05:06:16 pm »
my summaroes from the CBR

Quote from: ezyo
Oh my sweet Bast... Redjack... Mr. Thorne... Mr. Frakking Thorne... THAT is OUR T'Challa. THAT is our king. The calculating, the planning, the warrior KING. I wish this was longer, a 3 parter SWaD style. Everyone shined in here. No one was cut down to make another look good. No ones intelligence was sacrificed. We all needed this. As Chester be stated, the ending is what everyone needs to remember, Feige, the Disney higher ups..

Truly amazing and I am utterly blown away at how great that was. You can see and feel the admiration for the character on every page. 100/10.

I like how RJ really set up the difference as well and why T'Challa is the grandmaster chess player  While Okoye is all about sending soldiers in to fight and not run Shuri is about fixing the shield, T'Challa already knows what needed to be done and had the plan in place 
T'Challa is very much to the point, he doesn't have time to make long speeches like Cap. He is blunt and too the point because he has to be, his peoples lives are in his hands. Again Priest said it best. T'Challa is the shrewdest man alive, got you looking left when you should be looking abd and by the time you realize it, it's too late.

I too also liked what RJ did with Shuri. It's honestly the best mixing of what Coates was trying to do and what the MCU did. THAT version of Shuri we saw in KiB I can get behind and would like to read more about

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2021, 10:11:21 pm »
It's amazing, the difference in writing between a flowery-prose driven hack who has severe issues with any shred of black masculinity and thinks that any pro-activeness it's engaged in comes at the the detriment of black women...and a writer who actually likes the character he's writing and whose ideology wouldn't be in the contents of a frustrated psychiatrists crumpled up/discarded notes.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2021, 11:19:17 pm »
The bookstores on my side of the monitor are not very reliable when it comes to monthly deliveries.

When this edition of 'Black Panther' is bound into a collection, will certainly pick this up.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2021, 03:55:11 am »
 The four bruthas posting above my post right now said it all.

It's come down to this: GIVE REDJACK THE BLACK PANTHER SOLO. If not? We should simply boycott Marvel.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2021, 06:32:45 pm »
S P O I L E R S -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The King has returned, all hail the King! Enjoyable revisionist ode to a more recognizable T'Challa/Black Panther! Loved the homage to CJP Panther as BP felled the symbiote rhino! Loved the homage to oral histories and the value of the storytelling tradition! Good seeing T'Challa the plotter, the commander, the visionary. I did feel his tone was a little uneven, unduly curt/harsh with his warriors while a tad overly accommodating of Shuri and Okoye's second guessing (likewise, Shuri's admonishment of Okoye's touch seemed a little much) but if not pitch-perfect, Redjack Panther rings true and satisfying like classic Al Jarreau, Chaka Kahn or Marvin Gaye. In the hands of a respectful, talented fan, the creator undoubtedly smiles.

My Two Cents!

Peace,

Mont

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2021, 01:15:18 pm »
S P O I L E R S -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The King has returned, all hail the King! Enjoyable revisionist ode to a more recognizable T'Challa/Black Panther! Loved the homage to CJP Panther as BP felled the symbiote rhino! Loved the homage to oral histories and the value of the storytelling tradition! Good seeing T'Challa the plotter, the commander, the visionary. I did feel his tone was a little uneven, unduly curt/harsh with his warriors while a tad overly accommodating of Shuri and Okoye's second guessing (likewise, Shuri's admonishment of Okoye's touch seemed a little much) but if not pitch-perfect, Redjack Panther rings true and satisfying like classic Al Jarreau, Chaka Kahn or Marvin Gaye. In the hands of a respectful, talented fan, the creator undoubtedly smiles.

My Two Cents!

Peace,

Mont

I largely second the above sentiment! I only differ regarding the "second guessing" aspects and the issue with Shuri's response to Okoye touching her. In my opinion? RJ Okoye is a true down to the dregs of her soul WARRIOR. She literally has no quit or surrender in her, and RJ Okoye sees Wakanda as every bit as unyielding and warrior oriented as Okoye herself is...and probably moreso. This Okoye could not countenance any form of actual surrender or even subscribing to the notion of being overwhelmed by any outside force for any reason. So this Okoye...if I'm right, and of course only RJ would know if I'm even within a UNIVERSE's reach of the character of Okoye as he sees her...would never think of either herself or any Royal Wakandan ever even seriously uttering any word that presents Wakanda to be inferior to any foe. In any way. For any reason.

I could easily see this Okoye actually reaching out and touching Shuri, given Shuri's direct statement that retreat in the face of this enemy is the only option that she...Shuri...sees available for Wakanda.

I could also see RJ Shuri immediately telling Okoye to remove her hand from Shuri's royal flesh. Why is that?

Remember over a decade ago [ it's CRAZY to write that ] when our own R to the H was traumatizing people with his ultra hard Black Nationalist BP? Remember when Shuri became BP? Remember when I said that I thought that Shuri should be more oriented toward tech+magic in distinct ways. Her hypertheoretical tech imo should be a blend of something that we could expect from the daughter of Seshat, and her magic? Should operate on the lines of a blend of Brother [ not DOCTOR ] Voodoo and say...Dr. Druid. Whereas T'Challa would be less showy, far more stealthy and imo overall more effective. T'Challa would be using AkiliKaTech [ MindSpirit/Life Energy Tech/PsiKaTech ].

Back to Shuri...

imo RJ Shuri would start out as the precocious Shuri we saw in MCU BP, become the FEROCIOUS Shuri we saw with RHBP, and after spiritually maturing into and beyond the Djalia as The Ancient Future [ I must give Coates props on both that dope name AND that dope concept ]? That Shuri would most definitely tell Okoye to take her hand off of her royal flesh. Of course, this same Shuri would have already known that Okoye was going to reach out toward her in the first place, before Okoye herself knew she would...

...I also didn't see either of these ladies second guessing T'Challa. Okoye was being true to her heart mind and soul. She's a warrior through and through. YIBAMBE! She will hold her ground vs all threats. PHAMBILI! She will then meet them and defeat them in battle. This kind of character? Would most definitely say what she said to T'Challa.

Shuri? Didn't imo second guess T'Challa. In fact, RJShuri would not only tell T'Challa her thoughts in direct fashion [ well established by RH BP'S SHURI when she skated right on the very edge of violating royal respect protocol by saucily "requesting"  that T'Challa give her a team "of actual experts"  that implied that T'Challa gave her garbage before ] before her third appearance in the very first issue introducing her existence. Giving T'Challa a dose of them verbals is a character trait established for Shuri by her creator, our own R to the H. We have both 616 [ RH Shuri ] and MCU canon for Shuri to say exactly the kind of thing RJShuri did. 

In fact, RJShuri figured out T'Challa's plan to "sacrifice" her and RJ Shuri went along with the plan in order to give T'Challa the time he needed to save Wakanda. This is a new facet of Shuri that I have never seen before. This is distinct to RJShuri as General Okoye's "born protector of Wakanda" personality trait is specific to RJOkoye.

RJBP is suuuuch a MAGNIFICENT [ yet distinct and particular to RJ ] return to form for BP. In fact? We might surmise that we haven't seen a BP this formidable in any iteration save the Hickman's Infinity Gauntlet BP who faced down and outsmarted God Doom...

...but RJBP was MORE SATISFYING because RJBP enjoyed an unambiguous. Clear. ON PANEL. Total victory against the latest Big Bad of the MCU, the mighty Symbiote God Knull. RJBP showed how a BLACK MALE FAN WHO'S ALSO A GIFTED WRITER is NOT afraid or hesitant to show BP utterly dominant against the most ferocious, unstoppable of foes.

RJBP is what HICKMAN BP wasn't bold and Afrakan enough to be. Jason Aaron writes BP as King Batman..an incredibly formidable hero king who could be any color. RJBP is Afrikan King+Doc Savage
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 01:33:30 pm by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2021, 07:00:59 pm »
I think honestly we haven't seen T'Challa this powerful since before Hickman. Hickmans BP talked but never was allowed to Carry the weight behind his threat's.

Frankly, Redjacks panther is wholly unique to CJP always prepared panther, abd RH hardcore Panther. I would say RJ Panther is straight up the most dangerous man alive imo.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2021, 01:38:39 pm »
I think honestly we haven't seen T'Challa this powerful since before Hickman. Hickmans BP talked but never was allowed to Carry the weight behind his threat's.

Frankly, Redjacks panther is wholly unique to CJP always prepared panther, abd RH hardcore Panther. I would say RJ Panther is straight up the most dangerous man alive imo.

As much as I usually agree with and always respect and appreciate Ezyo's opinions? I have to both agree and disagree here. I completely agree that Hickman BP was too often NOT carrying through his threats, and NOT acquiring decisive, satisfactory, solo and unaided victories ON PANEL that were unambiguous and permanent. However...

My brother, I think you forgot three major feats HICKMAN BP pulled off which have trumped everything that any iteration of BP has done since. And that would be? KING OF THE DEAD UNITING MARVEL ZOMBIES Black Panther. INFINITY GAUNTLET Black Panther. REALITY GEM wielding Black Panther, who literally rewrought and brought into existence the current MCU as it exists.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: