Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY PLUS - New BP show Kingdom Of Wakanda  (Read 40111 times)

Offline Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
Re: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY+ Loki's Kang... a Black Panther refresher!!!
« Reply #180 on: July 20, 2021, 11:09:36 am »
I dug Majors’ take on ‘He Who Remains’. For me he embodied a man ravished by the weight of knowledge and time.
I liked the nod to the ‘Immortus’ costume, and I look forward to Majors’ other iterations of Nathaniel Richards, especially ‘Kang the Conquer’.
ግሥላ = Panther

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2021, 11:33:16 pm »
I dug Majors’ take on ‘He Who Remains’. For me he embodied a man ravished by the weight of knowledge and time.
I liked the nod to the ‘Immortus’ costume, and I look forward to Majors’ other iterations of Nathaniel Richards, especially ‘Kang the Conquer’.

That's a good way to see it Gessela . I felt it was reminiscent of the big reveal that the Wiz was Richard Pryor. As for Majors I think he can deliver given a strong script and playing a serious and deadly Kang the Conqueror.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2021, 02:19:55 pm »
Great analogy brother [/b]Ture[/b]! No doubt Wizard of Oz inspired, but with Dorothy-Loki treating Majors like the wicked witch rather than the charlatan Wizard who might have gotten her home. ???

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2021, 10:40:32 pm »
I saw what you did there Brother Mont. That's right.

My thing is Loki should have been serious or at least more so. The series should have visualized cosmic awe and exotic never before seen alien tech instead of a failed disquisition on rudimentary human bureaucracy. I would have preferred to see Loki powers and manipulation on full display. I would have really appreciated an in character Kang.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 09:16:41 am by Ture »

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2021, 05:24:48 pm »
Agreed Brother Ture I found Loki mostly disappointing especially in the wake of WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Loki seemed more like a joke than a credible nemesis and the whole Kang reveal, despite Majors’ performance, was mind-numbingly anti-climactic.

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY+ WHAT IF - starring the Black Panther and friends!
« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2021, 03:32:35 pm »
Marvel’s ‘What If…?’: The Reason Chadwick Boseman Agreed to Play Black Panther One Last Time
By Fred Topel

The death of Chadwick Boseman in 2020 shook the world. The Marvel hero had kept his battle with colon cancer private, so his death at 43 seemed all the more sudden. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever had to move forward without him, but Boseman was able to play T’Challa one last time. Marvel’s What If…? features Boseman’s voice and an animated T’Challa. What If…? director Bryan Andrews spoke at a Zoom press conference on Aug. 1. The second episode of the Disney+ animated series features Boseman. Marvel’s What If…? premieres Aug. 11 and premieres new episodes every Wednesday. 

Marvel’s ‘What If…?’ features a very different Chadwick Boseman

In What If…?, The Watcher (voice of Jeffrey Wright) tells stories about Marvel heroes in alternate timelines. So Boseman’s episode proposes what if T’Challa did not become Black Panther?

“He was excited to play this particular version of T’Challa because it was different,” Andrews said. “It was a version of him being able to play the king, but the king without the mantle, without the mantle of royalty and all the other things that go with it. Completely different spin. He could lighten it up, he could get a little bit more jokey with it and stuff. He was excited to bring that flavor to T’Challa and give it to the audience so we can see a slightly different version of T’Challa.”

The Watcher himself approves Chadwick Boseman’s last Marvel episode

Wright was also on the Zoom press conference for What If…? He felt Boseman’s episode was consistent with his portrayal of T’Challa, even if he’s not Black Panther in the episode.

“These are films about heroism and all the complications of that,” Wright said. “What we all discovered was that the kind of mythic quality that he brought to these performances kind of paled in some way to the mythic quality that was his life in terms of the way that he was going about doing this work, the grace, the dignity, the power. So I’m really pleased to share a little bit of time with him on this.”

‘What If….?’ had precious material to deliver

Animation work on What If… ? continued after Boseman’s death. Andrews said he felt the pressure to make sure Boseman’s last performance was a worthwhile legacy.

“Work on the show to finalize it in post-production, we’re doing the score and the music,” Andrews said. “He had already passed since then so now we’ve got to make sure nothing goes wrong with these episodes because it’s his last. So even down to the music and everything and making sure everything in it can honor what he brought to the table, honor the character but also honor Chadwick as well.”

Andrews got a little choked up just talking about it at the What If…? press conference.

“It would get emotional at times,” Andrews said. “We’ve got to make sure this music that plays out at the end has got to represent this, that. It means so much to us. Just having the meetings just what would be a normal work meeting, notes on this, notes on that would become emotional because it mattered more. I’m on the verge of being emotional now. It’s still rough.”

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/marvels-what-if-chadwick-boseman-black-panther.html/

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Marvel's What If...?: Different Versions of T'Challa Will Appear in Four Episodes
T'challa in What If...? is Chadwick Boseman's final performance.
By Wesley LeBlanc

Chadwick Boseman's T'Challa will appear in four episodes of Marvel's What If...? animated series.

During a junket for the upcoming Marvel series, IGN sat down with What If...? executive producer, Brad Winderbaum, to talk about the show. When asked about Boseman and his work in the series, Winderbaum said the late actor was very excited about it before revealing T'Challa will be in four episodes.

"Unfortunately, he never was able to see the finished product, but he was very excited about taking part in it," Winderbaum told IGN. "He actually appears in four episodes of the series, playing different versions of the character, and each time, he was just so enthusiastic about finding a new spin on the character."

Winderbaum said Boseman was a craftsman and that the opportunity to play these different spins on T'Challa harkened back to what inspired him to become an actor in the first place. He also said working with Boseman was a privilege.

This is just one new interesting tidbit IGN learned about Marvel's What If...? during a recent press junket. What If...? director Bryan Andrews told IGN that the series will show the roguish and flirty side of Boseman's T'Challa.

What If…? is based on the monthly comic book series of the same name created by Roy Thomas in the 1970s. Uatu, the Watcher, presents stories from other universes and timelines that show the path some of your favorite characters could have taken. But not all of them have a happy ending.

Roy Thomas was both writer, editor, and creator of What If…? Its first issue was released in 1977. In the back matter of What If…? #1, Thomas wrote that he didn’t want these Marvel tales labeled as imaginary; they were real, just not in the Earth-616 universe we know.

“I decided that my series could become, hopefully, main (if not only) place in Marvel for a while where such parallel-world stories would take place,” Thomas said. “And, to make the series palatable as much to myself as anyone else, I would have the wondrous Watcher narrate the stories. This way, as you already know, these stories are ones which actually do take place—not in our dimension or time continuum, but in worlds coexisting alongside ours.”

Early issues began with questions like, what if Spider-Man accepted the Fantastic Four’s offer in Amazing Spider-Man #1 to join their team? Or what if Bruce Banner retained his intellect as the Hulk from the get-go? The first series of intriguing tales of alternate Earths each started with a mysterious figure on the moon narrating the story, showing first how it originally happened in the pages of Marvel Comics, and then how it happened on another Earth.

While many stories started out as pondering what might have been, more than a few became reality in later years. From Spider-Man joining the Fantastic Four, to Jane Foster becoming Thor (or “Thordis” as she was called in issue #10), to Bucky surviving World War II, to the creation of Mayday “Spider-Girl” Parker in issue #105, some of the ideas proved so intriguing that they were explored further in Marvel Comics.

What If…? took Marvel’s biggest heroes through space and time, including a version of Captain America that lived during the Civil War and a Daredevil in feudal Japan. Heroes often became villains and villains became heroes, superpowers were switched among teammates, and important characters like Gwen Stacy and Karen Page escaped death in these fascinating issues. Outcomes of these changes were more often bad than good; Spider-Man found the support he needed in the Fantastic Four, for example, but his presence made Invisible Woman decide to leave the team.

What If…? would eventually go on for 13 volumes over the years, and more recent stories focused on specific turning points in blockbuster crossover events like Civil War, Infinity, and Avengers vs. X-Men.

We also learned that a What If...? storyline was rejected because it's already half the plot of Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 and that the entire series is officially made up of canon MCU stories. During a What If...? press conference, a Marvel producer revealed that Peggy Carter's Captain Britain will appear in every season of the show and that she's the "driving force" behind the series.

We'll see Boseman's T'Challa soon when Marvel's What If...? begins on Disney Plus on August 11. While waiting for the series to hit the streaming service, check out the latest teaser and then read about how Marvel's What If...? will tell the tales that never happened in the MCU.

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvel-what-if-tchalla-four-episodes-black-panther-chadwick-boseman

AND THIS ARTICLE... (with pictures)

Chadwick Boseman Voiced Four Different Versions of T'Challa in 'Marvel's What If...?'
BY MARCO VITO ODDO

What If...? executive producer Brad Winderbaum revealed Chadwick Boseman's T'Challa will appear in four different episodes of Disney+’s MCU Multiverse animated series. Speaking to IGN, Winderbaum also told the late actor was excited to play different versions of T’Challa, although Boseman never did get the chance to “see the finished product”.

What If...? will be the last time we will see get to see Black Panther portraited by Boseman, and the first time since the actor’s premature death. Disney around confirmed they don’t intend to recast the part, with future MCU productions dealing with Wakanda’s King absence in different ways. However, before passing away, Boseman had already recorded the lines for T’Challa’s on What If…?, giving fans a posthumous appearance that’ll also be a bittersweet goodbye.

We’ve known for a while that one of What If…?’ episodes transform T'Challa into Star-Lord, as he gets kidnapped by Yondu in the place of Peter Quill. However, this is not the only T’Challa Variant we’ll get to see on What If…?, as Winderbaum reveals Boseman recorded the voice for four different versions of the character. In Winderbaum’s words:

"He [Boseman] actually appears in four episodes of the series, playing different versions of the character, and each time, he was just so enthusiastic about finding a new spin on the character."

Since Loki unleashed alternate MCU timelines, What If..? will deal with alternate versions of the MCU where everything is possible. The series will also make Peggy Carter the Captain after taking the supersoldier serum, and show Spider-Man hunting zombies while wearing Doctor Strange’s Cloak of Levitation.

All these events will be considered canon to the MCU, which is setting the table to explore the multiverse in upcoming theater releases such as Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.

What If...?’s nine episodes will debut on Disney+ weekly every Wednesday, starting on August 11.

https://collider.com/marvels-what-if-chadwick-boseman-different-versions-tchalla/

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY+ WHAT IF - Variant T'challas vs Zombie Avengers?!?
« Reply #187 on: August 07, 2021, 09:57:43 pm »
Marvel's What If...? Poster Shows a World Ravaged by Zombie Avengers
In the latest poster for Marvel's What If...?, an undead Iron Man and Captain America lead a zombie apocalypse through the streets of New York.
BY MIRA JACOBS

The latest poster for Marvel's upcoming Disney+ series What If...? imagines a zombie apocalypse, to which even the Avengers have fallen.

Marvel Studios' official Twitter shared the image, with credit and a link to its artist, Chris Christodoulou. "Get ready," the tweet reads. "Here's the next piece in a series of posters inspired by Marvel Studios' [What If...?]. The Original Series starts streaming August 11 on Disney Plus." RELATED: Why Marvel's What If...? Won't Introduce Any New Characters to the MCU

The alternate universe shown in the art is a bleak one, with New York City decimated and deserted aside from a horde of zombies lurking in the darkness. A broken version of the Avengers logo dominates the scene, and on one side of it, there's a zombie clearly recognizable as an undead Captain America. On the other side, Iron Man stands in his classic pose with arm outstretched, but his missing mask shows that he too is undead.

What If...? is an anthology show which will focus on different hypothetical scenarios in the Marvel Cinematic Universe with each episode. The new poster represents an episode inspired by Marvel Zombies, a limited comic series consisting of five issues, written by The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman with art by Sean Phillips and cover art by Arthur Suydam. Published between 2005 and 2006, the narrative is set in an alternate universe depicting a virus that has infected superheroes. The idea originally came from a crossover event in Ultimate Fantastic Four, in which Reed Richards is tricked into opening a portal to the undead universe by his zombie variant.

What If...? head writer A.C. Bradley has said that this episode will be the one that sticks closest to the source comics, explaining that the main source of inspiration for this one was the comics because "it is so good," instead of leaning on past films in the MCU.

Based on Marvel's comic of the same name, What If...? will explore deeper into the multiverse that was hinted at in the title of the upcoming film Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and explained more fully in the Disney+ series Loki. Many actors are returning from their various roles across the MCU to lend their talents to the project with dozens of new voices joining up as well. Created by A.C. Bradley, What If...? premieres Aug. 11 on Disney+. New episodes will air Wednesdays.

COMING SOON!

Ya'll remember Robert Walking Dead Kirkman and his iterations of the Black Panther.

Less we forget his 2099 version of the Black Panther.

Don't get happy, you know any victory is a flawed victory.

Let us hope they find their inspiration elsewhere. Nuff said.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
‘What If…?’ Writer and Director on Their Last Call with Chadwick Boseman and a Captain Carter Movie
A.C. Bradley and Bryan Andrews pull back the curtain on Marvel Studios' first animated series, which features Boseman's final work in the MCU.

BY BRIAN DAVIDS

In the second episode of Marvel Studios’ first animated series, What If…?, the late Chadwick Boseman reprises his role as T’Challa in a whole new galaxy. Written by A.C. Bradley and directed by Bryan Andrews, What If…? examines the events of the Marvel Cinematic Universe had one choice or moment gone differently, and in Boseman’s showcase episode, Yondu (Michael Rooker) mistakenly abducts T’Challa instead of Peter Quill. Recognizing that both characters were nearly the same age, Bradley and her writers’ room felt that Yondu’s blunder would make for the perfect jumping-off point to explore what T’Challa’s version of Star-Lord would look like in outer space.

“[Chadwick] really enjoyed the idea of being able to play this slightly different version of T’Challa,” Andrews tells The Hollywood Reporter. “The events are so extremely different, but the galaxy doesn’t change T’Challa; T’Challa changes the galaxy. There are a few more times where he pops up briefly in a couple other episodes, so we were able to record with him a little bit during the pandemic. Those records were over Zoom calls, and in the last record, when we were done, I, selfishly, was able to tell him how much I personally thought of him… He touched his heart and he was very thankful, but we had no idea he was going through what he was going through.”

Bradley also reflects on her own memories of working with Boseman, who died of colon cancer in August 2020.

“I have the sad honor of writing some of his last lines in the MCU. I obviously did not know that when I was writing them,” Bradley recalls. “Chadwick Boseman understood the importance of Black Panther. He understood how important it is that young people see a Black man standing shoulder to shoulder with Captain America and Thor Odinson, so that they know a Black man saves the world just the same as anyone else. He came in to record, and I joked that he didn’t bring his A-game; he brought every damn sport there is. He made sure that this was going to be the episode that shined, but we did not realize why. And the world is a little sadder for it. “

What If…?‘s series premiere imagines what the MCU would’ve been like had Hayley Atwell‘s Peggy Carter taken Dr. Erskine’s (Stanley Tucci) Super Soldier Serum instead of Steve Rogers. The outcome yields “Captain Carter,” who will anchor each season of the series. However, Bradley and Andrews hope that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

“I know A.C. and I feel totally the same in this, and while we don’t know if this is necessarily going to happen, it would be amazing if they would just do a Captain Carter movie,” Andrews admits. “Just get Hayley Atwell in the suit, give her her own franchise and just have her blow doors like hells to the yeah.”

In a recent conversation with THR, Bradley also shares a powerful yet personal story about her time working with Marvel Studios on What If…? Andrews then looks back at the Iron Man storyboards that changed his life and career.

The premise of What If…? is quite relatable since we’ve all wondered how our lives would’ve turned out had a key moment or choice gone differently. In terms of the events that led you both to Marvel Studios, is there a particular moment or turning point that’s made you ponder the “what if?” question?

A.C. Bradley: Ooh, pondering the great “what if?” question. I was talking to Bryan about this not long ago, but the pandemic changed everything for a lot of people. It changed our entire business. It made us question our own mortality. This is a little personal, but early on during the pandemic, when we were all at home writing, I found out that I was borderline infertile. My doctor was like, “If you’re going to have kids, you do it right now or you don’t do it at all.” And I had this sliding doors moment, this death-bed moment. “Where am I going to be in 50 years? Where do I want to be?” And by coincidence, I was on the phone, first with Danielle Costa, and then with Victoria Alonso, in the same week. We were on Zooms and on the phone, and these are both women I admire, who, along with Kevin, are architects of the MCU. And in the background, because we’re all at home, were their kids. So these are women who are also moms. I was like, “Why am I so scared to take this leap? How can I write about Peggy Carter taking the serum and jumping into battle, when I’m terrified of being a mom? What am I scared of?” So I took the leap, and by some miracle, I now have a 4-month-old daughter. So I kind of have to thank Marvel and the pandemic for forcing that decision for me. It made me consider the “what if?” in my life. “What if I do this? What if I don’t?” And I think that’s the power of the What If…? comics and hopefully the show. It’s an examination of these different moments and choices in our lives and in these characters’ lives, and where it leads them and what compels them. The reason the MCU has been so popular the last 10 years isn’t just because of the action sequences, the explosions, the thrills and the chills; it’s the human connection. We see ourselves in these characters, and we see ourselves in their triumphs and losses.

Bryan, that’s an extremely tough act to follow.

Bryan Andrews: (Laughs.) My answer is not even remotely as meaningful or as cool. There are so many things that could’ve gone differently, but when it comes to meeting up with Marvel initially, it stems out of working with Genndy Tartakovsky, whether it was Samurai Jack, Sym-Bionic Titan or the original animated Star Wars: Clone Wars. Jon Favreau was a fan, and Jon wanted to work with Genndy. So they had lunch, and Jon was like, “We gotta do something.” So Jon was doing Iron Man, and we actually helped an FX house get a job to do effects on Iron Man. So we inadvertently did some boards that ended up in the movie. They liked the tests so much and they liked the gag we did so much. It was the whole bit where the tank shoots Iron Man out of the sky, and he lands, gets out of the hole, fires the rocket and turns around. They were like, “That was cool!” and we were like, “You’re welcome!” And then they were like. “Hey, you guys wanna work on Iron Man 2?” And we were like, “Yes!” So we did that, and the next thing you know, Kevin and Jeremy Latcham are saying, “Hey man, you wanna work on The Avengers?” And I’m like, “Yes!” So they just kept asking me back. And then I got a call from Brad [Winderbaum], saying, “Hey man, you wanna work on something cool? [What If…?]” So if I hadn’t done certain things in my career, at a certain time, then maybe I wouldn’t have been put in a particular position where these other things could come. So there are lots of what-ifs out there.

Chadwick Boseman’s Star-Lord episode is really special. Can you take me through your individual vantage points in regard to working with him?

Bradley: I have the sad honor of writing some of his last lines in the MCU. I obviously did not know that when I was writing them. What impressed me most about Chadwick Boseman is that all the Marvel actors care about their characters. They’ve been playing these roles for a long time in multiple movies and now TV shows. So they know who these characters are and why they tick. Chadwick Boseman understood the importance of Black Panther. He understood how important it is that young people see a Black man standing shoulder to shoulder with Captain America and Thor Odinson, so that they know a Black man saves the world just the same as anyone else. He came in to record, and I joked that he didn’t bring his A-game; he brought every damn sport there is. He made sure that this was going to be the episode that shined, but we did not realize why. And the world is a little sadder for it.

Andrews: It was so exciting to have him part of the process. We wanted to do something with Chadwick and Black Panther, because we love the character. I had a Black Panther comic when I was a little kid, so the character meant something to me even back then. But also Chadwick, the actor, the performer, the man, he’s so amazing. And he signed on pretty early; he was like, “Yeah, this sounds cool. I want to do this.” And we were like, “Oh my God, really? That’s great!” So he really enjoyed the idea of being able to play this slightly different version of T’Challa. The events are so extremely different, but the galaxy doesn’t change T’Challa; T’Challa changes the galaxy. So that was what was really exciting. That was a really great point we were trying to pursue, and I think Chadwick understood that and he wanted to go for that as well. So that was awesome. There are a few more times where he pops up briefly in a couple other episodes, so we were able to record with him a little bit during the pandemic. Those records were over Zoom calls, and in the last record, when we were done, I, selfishly, was able to tell him how much I personally thought of him and how great it was to work with him and how much we all appreciate him and his work. He touched his heart and he was very thankful, but we had no idea he was going through what he was going through. So it was nice to be able to express our gratitude, and he at least knew that we were insanely thankful for what he was bringing to the project and how important we thought it was. And I think he felt that, too.

full article continues here
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/what-if-disney-chadwick-boseman-captain-carter-1234995760/

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY+ WHAT IF - T'challa's Debut Just Hours Away!
« Reply #189 on: August 18, 2021, 01:13:59 am »
I liked the episode. So far What if is 2 for 2. They need to keep this production crew for their future animation projects.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY+ WHAT IF - T'challa became Star Lord!
« Reply #190 on: August 18, 2021, 09:10:06 am »
As someone who really loves cosmic adventure stories and BP I had high hopes for this episode and it completely obliterated said expectations, it legit made me mad that we not only lost Chadwick but that this won’t get it’s own spinoff cause it’s that good.

Karen Gillan’s Nebula voice will stay undefeated in its hotness

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #191 on: August 18, 2021, 02:01:50 pm »
S P O I L E R S !!! S P O I L E R S !!!

What If T'Challa became Star-Lord was an alternate universe I wouldn't have chosen as I would have thought to do something more insular like what if T'Chaka was killed by Thanos in his quest to build the Infinity Gauntlet because vibranium is the only substance capable of protection from and neutralization of the infinity stones but we're in the MCU so we don't go there.

After my first viewing of What If T'Challa became Star- Lord... let's just start with the fact that this was very well done and most enjoyable.

They captured the nuances of the traditional Black Panther and gave voice to a variant I would like to see more of. Man, Chadwick, Chadwick, Chadwick. What a Black Panther, truly he was and is T'Challa and will forever remain the first live action and perhaps the most pertinent T'Challa the Black Panther and any variant Black Panther for a very long time.

You know what else this says... it states just how important and necessary T'Challa the Black Panther is in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is in fact. Wakanda Forever better deliver one hell of a variant T'Challa the Black Panther. For those not totally inclined this is the art of recasting without recasting.

From Civil War to Black Panther on to Infinity War and Endgame, throw in the Falcon and the Winter Soldier and now What If,
I have to say that MCU Black Panther and his supporting staff to date have come off in a manner I can appreciate.

First viewing of What If T'Challa became Star-Lord and I am hit by the voice acting. Marvel was on the money getting as many as possible actors and actresses to voice their characters. Hearing Chadwick Boseman and Djimon Hounsou, two of the first original Black Panthers conversing was historic. Michael Rooker was spot on. Josh Brolin delivered an excellent variant of Thanos as did Karen Gillan with Nebula. I cannot leave out Benicio del Toro who so complemented as the big bad. Marvel even got John Kani to voice T’Chaka, Danai Gurira to do Okoye!

It was refreshing seeing these characters interact with one another even if they were variants. That's the one thing we did not get enough of was T'Challa interacting with the rest of the MCU. What worked for this episode was the avoidance of subsuming Black Panther mythos into Guardian of the Galaxy lore. By maintaining their distinction they successfully complemented one another. Great art is in the details.

Speaking of details the two thrones (king and queen) visible when King T'Chaka and young T'Challa begin talking. The traditional Wakandan music when T'Challa accidentally discovered a Wakandan royal Talon fighter (and because the What If multiverse is cannon, Wakandan royal Talon fighters are capable of space travel). The war chant used during Okoye's casino fight is now used during T'Challa's battle with the Collector. The family reunion at the end, the beauty of Wakanda and a dedication to Chadwick Boseman. Great art is indeed in the details.

First barb. Now personally they could have left out the T'Challa's folk hero Robin Hood reference. That was just as bad as his father's movie Back to the Future referral, even worst since this T'Challa had yet to see the outside world. Last barb, I would have preferred T'Challa saving himself and single handedly and creatively defeating Ebony Maw.

All in all a good start for variant T'Challa and Wakanda. Looking forward to what comes next. Make mine Marvel, nuff said.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2021, 01:40:38 pm »
I like how we see T'Challas super prep with the plans upon plans being 2 step's ahead of his enemies and 3 step's ahead of his friends. I still would of liked to see his super genius in action. I am still annoyed it's been so ambiguous. But I felt a great Sense of happiness all throughout the episode... Then sad at the end, a feeling that this may be the last of T'Challa through the what ifs. And anger at Marvel for so stupidly announcing they won't recast so soon after his passing

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #193 on: August 19, 2021, 03:17:12 pm »
I like how we see T'Challas super prep with the plans upon plans being 2 step's ahead of his enemies and 3 step's ahead of his friends. I still would of liked to see his super genius in action. I am still annoyed it's been so ambiguous. But I felt a great Sense of happiness all throughout the episode... Then sad at the end, a feeling that this may be the last of T'Challa through the what ifs. And anger at Marvel for so stupidly announcing they won't recast so soon after his passing

All of this up in here^^^
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2021, 01:11:43 am »
The Robin Hood reference made sense given it is what he is to the cosmos and he was basically the heroic swashbuckler archetype, it’s the flip side of the Han Solo type scoundrel that Quill modeled himself after