Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY PLUS - New BP show Kingdom Of Wakanda  (Read 39423 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY+
« Reply #225 on: December 04, 2021, 07:50:24 am »
Huh? “Black Panther” Sequel Shuts Down Production Over 2 Month Old Letitia Wright Minor Injury
by Roger Friedman

Peculiar stuff going on down in Atlanta on the set of the Black Panther sequel, “Wakanda Forever.”

They’ve reportedly shut down production for the the time being because actress Letitia Wright sustained an injury while shooting in Boston at the end of August.

It is now the beginning of November, more than two months have passed since Wright’s unspecified injury was termed “minor” by the production. At the time they said she was briefly hospitalized but she was fine and had returned to work.

That was almost ten weeks ago.

Wright became notorious last December and again recently not because of her injury but because of her anti-vaccination stand. At the beginning of October there was a report from the set in The Hollywood Reporter  that Wright espoused anti-vaccine thoughts on set. She went on to deny that on her Instagram page October 13th.

Almost a year ago, in early December 2020, before the vaccine was available was just in discussion, Wright posted a clip titled “COVID-19 Vaccine, Should We Take It?” from Light London Church leader Tomi Arayomi’s YouTube channel, “On the Table.”

The 69-minute video — which has since been removed from YouTube and Wright’s Twitter feed — sees Arayomi making transphobic remarks, stating several unfounded claims blaming China for the pandemic, downplaying the threat of climate change and discouraging people from getting vaccinated for the flu and COVID-19.

Wright Tweeted: “f you don’t conform to popular opinions. but ask questions and think for yourself….you get cancelled.” She included  a crying-laughing emoji.

Shutting an entire production down for a ten week old minor injury seems highly unusual. Atlanta, as I well know, has had a lot of unreported COVID trouble on sets. Earlier this fall, I reported that actor Colin Firth had contracted COVID on the set of his HBO mini series, “The Staircase.” He was laid up for two weeks after a driver faked a vaccine card. Everyone around the production worked to cover up what happened, but I was able to verify it again.

“Wakanda Forever” is a Disney-Marvel production. Disney now has a strict vaccine mandate for all cast and crew on all productions. This has resulted in the ousting of actor Emilio Estevez from the Disney Plus series, “The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers” because he refused to be vaccinated. (His father, Martin Sheen, must be reeling from this insanity.) This has also led to upheaval on ABC’s soap, “General Hospital,” which is said to be offloading two big cast members over the same thing.

So what is really going on with “Wakanda Forever”? If you know anything, please email me in confidence at showbiz411@gmail.com. If it’s just a back spasm that’s shut down a $200 million movie, so be it.

https://www.showbiz411.com/2021/11/05/huh-black-panther-sequel-shuts-down-production-over-2-month-old-letitia-wright-minor-injury

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY+ Series
« Reply #226 on: December 24, 2021, 08:57:44 pm »

To all my HEF family. You are greatly appreciated.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY+ Series
« Reply #227 on: December 30, 2021, 06:50:06 pm »
THE A.G.E.N.D.A. STRIKES BACK!

Black Panther 2 Puts a Major MCU Character Into a Same-Sex Relationship
A new rumor indicates that a major character from Black Panther will enter a same-sex relationship in the sequel, Wakanda Forever.
BY MORGAN SHAUNETTE

A popular character from the Marvel Cinematic Universe may be in a same-sex relationship in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.
Industry source Daniel Richtman revealed in a post on his Patreon that Okoye "will have a same-sex relationship with another Dora Milaje in the film," but did not go into further detail.

full article
https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-2-okoye-mcu-same-sex-relationship/

BLACK PANTHER 2: DANAI GURIRA'S OKOYE RUMORED TO HAVE LESBIAN RELATIONSHIP
By Matt McGloin

Rumors offer that Danai Gurira's Okoye will have a lesbian relationship in Marvel's Black Panther 2.

The info comes via scooper DanielRPK, where a Black Panther fan Twitter account offers the following:

According to new reports, Okoye will have a same-sex relationship another Dora Milaje in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever!

full article
https://cosmicbook.news/black-panther-2-danai-gurira-okoye-lesbian

Okoye Black Panther 2 Spinoff Reportedly Happening At Marvel
Marvel Studios is reportedly moving forward with a Black Panther 2 spin-off series centered on Danai Gurira's Dora Milaje general Okoye.

BY GRANT HERMANNS

Marvel Studios is reportedly moving forward with a Black Panther: Wakanda Forever spin-off series centered on Danai Gurira's Okoye. The Dora Milaje General made her cinematic debut in Ryan Coogler's Oscar-winning 2018 Marvel Cinematic Universe as a close ally to Chadwick Boseman's titular hero and the wife of Daniel Kaluuya's W'Kabi. Gurira would reprise the role in Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame as well as the animated Disney+ series What If...?.

full article
https://screenrant.com/black-panther-2-okoye-movie-spinoff-development-marvel/

With some much positive attention focused on recasting T'Challa, The A.G.E.N.D.A. decided now was the time to launch an offensive maneuver. While just a rumor it still presents some unnecessary entanglements for the burgeoning Black Panther franchise. The rumor reads like a testing of the waters to gauge public and fandom's opinions. The rumor at it root appears to have confused its Dora Milaje as it was in Coates' BP comic iteration Aneka and Ayo who were the couple leading to speculations on Michaela Coel's casting to play off Florence Kasumba.

With some much talk of inclusion and representation the questions begging the asking is where is the inclusion and representation of the nuclear Afrakan (so called black) family of a male and female who are functioning as husband and wife, father and mother with children represented in Wakanda?

The next query asks what does this say to the viewing audience about Afrakan (so called black) couples if they have to witness W'Kabi in jail* and his love Okoye leaving him for another woman? Is the underlying message, her "black" man was so bad that it made her gay. Ridiculous.

I also don't like the way this A.G.E.N.D.A. plays on the aesthetics of the Dora Milaje. It was under Hudlin's tenure as BP writer that we first witnessed Romita's artistic rendering of the Dora Milaje as the uniformed bald headed warriors. The struggles of appreciation for Afrakan aesthetics is not unfamiliar but it is particularly a matter of intimate concern with regards to Afrakan women. To wear their hair natural, closed crop or even bald was to face ridicule and condemnation and still Afrakan women persevered. This perseverance was for the Afrakan aesthetic not queer styling. Making the main and primary Dora Milaje lesbian works to remove this onus and mock the struggle of Afrakan women in this arena.

Disney/Marvel may not be aware of such issues as they blindly try fulfill their mission of inclusion and representation thus unwittingly serving the A.G.E.N.D.A.'s mechanization to saturate what they see as hetero normality with LGBTQ at every opportunity. If such wasn't the case where is their clamor for Marvel's first gay superhero Northstar?

*An in-story technicality in fact would have the Dora Milaje inclusive of Okoye all of whom sided with Killmonger as guilty as W'Kabi and therefore also incarcerated. Don't forget the Boarder Tribe. T'Challa only had Nakia, Shuri and the Queen mother on his side and eventually M'Baku and the Jabari tribe. Talk about divided nation. Now if they are following tribal norms then none including W'Kabi should be locked up.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 07:42:58 pm by Ture »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I had heard a little about the Okoye rumor, which I'm not surprised about if it happens. They just got to get past her marriage to W'Kabi but they might kill off that character along with T'Challa. That said, I also could see them mistaking Okoye for the rumored Aneka. Ayo is already in the MCU so it would make more sense to bring in Aneka instead of queering Okoye. But that said, I could see them pushing the idea of the defective, toxic black male in W'Kabi 'pushing' Okoye toward true love and acceptance in the arms of Aneka or Ayo.

I don't see Disney/MCU being 'unwitting' at all. Feige is open about pushing LGBTQ characters, and therefore, LGBTQ relationships. It's not that surprising either that the first gay heroes he's introducing are non-white either. None of his buff white males are gay or bisexual, yet, and I doubt ever when it comes to the bigger characters like Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, etc. And I'm not surprised that the white Jamie Alexander wants to be Tessa Thompson's queen because I think she just wants to get those MCU checks rolling in again. And she would get a lot of media attention if Sif and Valkyrie are hooked up.

I do think Okoye could lead a Plus series no problem, or a movie even. The actress has those skills, that presence to do it. And Okoye made a strong impression. I think Endgame made a mistake to not have her as the Black Panther at the start of Endgame, though I can see how they might have wanted also to keep her brand as a Dora Milaje.

If these BP2 rumors are true it just feels like this movie is going to be a contorted mess that I imagine will take time to build or focus on this Okoye/Aneka relationship at the expense of furthering the Black Panther story (whether it's Shuri, M'Baku, a new character, or a recast T'Challa). I couldn't see them introducing a new gay relationship, especially if they are turning Okoye gay or bisexual and not spend a little time on it. In Eternals they didn't spend too much time on Phastos's relationship, but they did depict it; however, BP is much more important in terms of what it means to black people, how it speaks to black people, and about the black experience, so if Disney wants to make a statement about black homosexuality, especially geared to black audiences (among others), BP2 (and to a lesser extent the Disney Plus Wakanda Forever) series are the ways to go.

This problem, of giving 'everyone' their time started with the first film and I knew it would just grow in sequels. And with Mr. Boseman no longer here, there has been less reasons to moderate those plans or agendas.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I take these rumors with as much seriousness as any of these other rumors. I'm not going to believe it until I see it. I don't believe the rumors because it doesn't make sense. COULD they do it? Sure. But I think people are putting too much faith and stock in these supporting characters being able to carry an entire movie

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY+ Series - M'Baku wants a light saber!
« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2022, 07:40:12 pm »
Winston Duke
@Winston_Duke
Watching @bobafett use M’baku’s knob kerrie… it think
that means I should get to use a light saber…It’s only fair!
@starwars make it right !!🤨😂

We can't be but so far away from Disney crossing the MCU with Star Wars.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Black Panther: Marvel and SiriusXM Launch Documentary Podcast
By AARON PERINE

Marvel Comics: Black Panther is coming to SiriusXM and Marvel Podcasts Unlimited on Apple Podcasts. In the new history show, author Nic Stone leads fans through the history of the character from inception to the current adventures in Wakanda. The Shuri writer is joined by an All-Star slate of guests including Brian Stelfreeze, Christopher Priest, Don McGregor, Joe Quesada, John Ridley, John Romita Jr., Reginald Hudlin, and Ta-Nehisi Coates. All of that notable talent knows it's way around the world of the Marvel hero. T'Challa has a long and storied history in the comics and you will get to know more about him listening Stone and her account of how Wakanda became a central place in Marvel Comics. Check out a short clip down below.

On Twitter, they wrote," The Coal Tiger?! Explore all the twists and turns throughout the creation and legacy of T'Challa in 'The History of Marvel Comics: Black Panther,' a new podcast with @SiriusXM, hosted by Nic Stone (@getnicced). Listen to the first episode on February 14: http://siriusxm.com/blackpanther"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1488195377195061258

"As thrilling as it's been to watch Marvel's first Black super hero leap his way to the top of fan-favorite lists over the past few years, getting to dig into his origin story with the people who made him (and the characters around him) is truly the coolest thing I've ever gotten to do. I can't wait for fans to hear from the individuals who have spent almost 60 years shaping, expanding, and humanizing our beloved King of Wakanda and Black Panther, especially as his world continues to grow."

Marvel says of the series: "Throughout The History of Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Stone will take both new and lifelong fans behind-the-scenes in a definitive tell-all of the incredible journey of T'Challa, how he came to be Black Panther, and how he and the world of Wakanda have evolved since. The show explores some of Black Panther's most pivotal moments including Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's 1966 debut of the character at the height of the Civil Rights Movement, his continued evolution through the birth of the Black Power Movement, his time with the Avengers and of course, the launching of  Black Panther's adventures."

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/black-panther-marvel-podcast-siriusxm-documentary/

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY+ Sirius and Marvel Launch BP Documentary Podcast
« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2022, 04:54:56 pm »
And yet marvel wants to move on with Wakanda forever despite all the rich history behind T'CHALLA, and want to claim Wakanda was always the focus... Right

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 04, 2022, 05:18:06 am »
And yet marvel wants to move on with Wakanda forever despite all the rich history behind T'CHALLA, and want to claim Wakanda was always the focus... Right

Who knows maybe they’re secretly planning to recast later on down the line and are using this podcast to prepare people for it.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 04, 2022, 06:32:52 am »
that would be nice. Though it's one of those situations where they should of said done it earlier rather than later if that were the case. There's a lot more positivity they could get out of promoting the honoring of Chad and carrying the torch via recast

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2022, 07:28:14 am »
that would be nice. Though it's one of those situations where they should of said done it earlier rather than later if that were the case. There's a lot more positivity they could get out of promoting the honoring of Chad and carrying the torch via recast

True. And do you think maybe they’re doing this in response to the movement?

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #236 on: February 10, 2022, 08:36:37 am »

This was my immediate first reaction.

True. And do you think maybe they’re doing this in response to the movement?

This was my second.

Right now? I've combined the two...and still don't trust Marvel with BP.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY PLUS - BP 2 IMPLICATIONS FOR MARVEL TV SHOW
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2022, 07:46:35 am »
BLACK PANTHER 2 RUMOR REVEALS SURPRISING IMPLICATIONS FOR MARVEL TV SHOW
Ryan Coogler has more on his plate than just Wakanda.

DAIS JOHNSTON

EVEN THOUGH IT’S wrapped filming, not much is known about Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. We know who’s involved, but that’s about it — there’s no word on who the villain is, or even who will be taking up the mantle of Black Panther after the tragic loss of Chadwick Boseman. However, a seemingly innocuous announcement about the crew behind an upcoming Disney+ series may have just confirmed one of the biggest rumors surrounding the mysterious sequel. Here’s what you need to know.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Disney+’s upcoming series Ironheart has found its two directors — Sam Bailey and Angela Barnes will each helm three episodes. Additionally, the series has gained another executive producer: Ryan Coogler, the director of Black Panther and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

One of the biggest rumors surrounding Black Panther 2 is that it contains the MCU debut of Riri Williams (Dominique Thorne), the protagonist of Ironheart and the spiritual successor to Tony Stark’s Iron Man. Reports from filming show that Wakanda Forever’s production visited MIT, which is famously the alma mater of Stark and Williams.

By including Williams in Black Panther 2, we could get our first look at the next generation of Iron Man and a glimpse of what her standalone series will be like. If Coogler’s involvement is any indication, the tone and feel of Black Panther 2 will carry into Ironheart, and we may even get some cameos too.

If this rumor is true, and it’s looking exceedingly likely, then Black Panther 2 has quite the tall task. It doesn’t need to set up the backstory of just one new Avenger, but two. Will it be able to give both Riri and the new Black Panther the screentime they deserve, or will Riri’s role be relegated to a cameo that’s followed up on in her series?

Considering how Ironheart doesn’t even have a release date yet, it’s hard to answer these questions. But if there’s one way to drum up interest in a series it’s to tease it in a big blockbuster, and Black Panther 2 is guaranteed to be just that. It could be Riri’s time to shine, or at the very least appear and start to make waves in the MCU.

THE INVERSE ANALYSIS — While nothing regarding Riri’s connection to Black Panther 2 has been officially announced, the evidence is piling up in favor of an appearance of some caliber in the upcoming sequel. Hopefully as we learn more about this movie we’ll see just how Riri factors into the story.

BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER PREMIERES IN THEATERS NOVEMBER 11, 2022.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/black-panther-2-theory-ironheart

I hope this doesn't imply that Iron Heart will have more than a glorified cameo. I hope BP2 isn't just a platform to launch Marvel Plus IPs like Iron Heart, the Dora Milaje and Sub Mariner because that is what it is beginning to sound like.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY PLUS - BP 2 IMPLICATIONS FOR MARVEL TV SHOW
« Reply #238 on: April 13, 2022, 06:15:25 am »
Well without it's anchor, the BP franchise is just going to be relagated to a springboard IP. Wasted potential with flimsy excuses and contradictory statements

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Moon Knight Episode 5 References Black Panther's Heaven
By Pierre Chanliau

Ever since Black Panther was released in theaters, showing fans a visage of Bast and witnessing Chadwick Boseman's T'Challa visiting the Ancestral Plane, many wondered if either were 100% real. However, while Black Panther may have been ambiguous regarding its more fantastical elements, Moon Knight has been anything but, especially in the latest episode, "Asylum."

It was always left to chance that the vision brought on by the consumption of the heart-shaped herb caused one to hallucinate Wakanda's afterlife, but the latest episode of Moon Knight no longer leaves any doubt about it. The Ancestral Plane is real, which carries significant implications for the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe moving forward.

In Episode 5 of Moon Knight, Oscar Isaac's Marc Spector begins to question if they're in "the" afterlife, but Taweret corrects him, saying that it's merely "an" afterlife. The goddess names the Ancestral Plane as one example, which she finds "gorgeous."

This confirms that the Ancestral Plane seen in Black Panther wasn't a hallucination brought on by the heart-shaped herb, but an actual heaven-like plane of existence Wakandians go to after death. Something which would explain the appearance of N'Jadaka's father, N'Jobu, in the Ancestral Plane, despite having never consumed the herb.

Not only that, but it being an entirely separate afterlife suggests that Wakanda has a pantheon of gods, much like the comics, with its equivalent of the Ennead being the Orisha, which includes, but is not limited to, Thoth, Bast, Kokou, Mujaji, and Ptah, seen above.

How Many Others Exist?
As Thor and the rest of the Asgardians are highly advanced and powerful aliens in the MCU, it's uncertain if Valhalla exists as an afterlife, if it's merely another dimension, or simply part of Asgardian myth. In the comics, it is a real place, currently hidden in the realm of Niflheim, the same realm where Odin had banished his daughter, Hela.

Coincidently, it is also where Odin had sent all the Valkeries to hold Hela at bay, and all but Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie survived. So, could it be possible that Valhalla, like the comics, is hidden in Niflheim? Will audiences see Odin again, who may have arrived there after his death in Thor: Ragnarok?

It's possible that Gorr could be invading these afterlives, including Valhalla, perhaps to hunt down even dead gods, such as Odin. Another possibility is either Thor, Jane Foster's Mighty Foster, or Valkerie, even temporarily, die and go to Valhalla.

Fans will see if other afterlives are glimpsed in Thor: Love and Thunder when it releases in theaters on July 8.

https://thedirect.com/article/moon-knight-episode-5-black-panther-heaven