Author Topic: Versus: Predictions/Nominations  (Read 1599 times)

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Versus: Predictions/Nominations
« on: May 02, 2020, 01:24:26 pm »
This weeks matchup is Erykah Badu vs Jill Scott

Prediction- Erykah Badu is not only unique, she is uniquely Erykah Badu. What she was able to capture with BADUIZM became a cultural moment. Most people can tell you where they were and what was happening in their life when BADUIZM came out. Jill Scott is a great singer and performer who has a great catalog of songs but she doesn't have a BADUIZM. If this came down to a performance I think Jill Scott wins hands down but for this battle

Winner- Erykah BADU

Nomination- Chaka Khan vs Patti Labelle

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: Versus: Predictions/Nominations
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 10:04:14 am »

Prediction- Erykah Badu is not only unique, she is uniquely Erykah Badu. What she was able to capture with BADUIZM became a cultural moment. Most people can tell you where they were and what was happening in their life when BADUIZM came out. Jill Scott is a great singer and performer who has a great catalog of songs but she doesn't have a BADUIZM. If this came down to a performance I think Jill Scott wins hands down but for this battle

Winner- Erykah BADU

Nomination- Chaka Khan vs Patti Labelle

will they both be singing to their instrumentals? just curious.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
Re: Versus: Predictions/Nominations
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 09:38:13 am »

Winner- Erykah BADU

Just wanted to say that I agree with all of this 100%. I can't find a nit to pick. Well said.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."