Author Topic: Fan Fiction  (Read 8035 times)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Fiction
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2021, 01:00:16 pm »
Chapter  2

She awoke the next morning feeling well rested from the plush Wakandan mattress. She made a mental note to ask if one could be installed on her ship. After using the restroom, she went to the kitchen to have breakfast. Realizing there was no food in the house, she pinged a taxi to take her to the Unity Complex. Changing her mind, she canceled the taxi deciding that a morning jog was in order. Leaving the building in athletic wear, she began the four mile jog to the Unity Complex. The complex was an embassy for all the visiting delegates. Each country had insisted that they be given sovereign territory to build their own embassies. Tchalla rebuked that idea saying constant scheming and aggressive positions had not earned them that liberty. The United States retorted that the Wakandan embassy in New York should be closed if this demand was not met. Tchalla agreed and withing twenty-four hours the embassy was empty and building up for sale. When the President got the notice that the U.S. was dis-invited to Bast, they acquiesced and everything returned to normal. It was said that lobbying groups pushed him to concede as they didn’t want to miss this opportunity.

The Captain made good time, having felt no significant effects from the jog. She simply wanted to take in the morning air. The complex was a five floor octagon. Each security council member shared one section with another, each taking up one half of one side of the building. The reason the Captain had ventured out was the U.S. section had a expansive food court. After making her way through security, she headed to the twenty-four hour restaurant. She was greeted surprisedly by Everett K. Ross. Ross was one of the main delegates the United States had chosen to send. Thadeous Ross was the second with Henry Peter Gyrich as the third. Staff members had a pool going as to whether the two Ross’ were related. Ross and Carol chatted over breakfast, mostly making  casual conversation. They parted agreeing to talk more at the party tonight. She decided to fly back to her apartment hoping that bystanders would not see and report her. When she got home she turned on the video monitor.

The Bast morning news was reporting on the weather. A special was upcoming about the newly opened farm land in another grid on the main continent. She switched to the sports channel which was covering the pre-fight interviews for the fight that was scheduled for that weekend. She wished she could stay planet side long enough the catch it. Feeling thirsty, she reprimanded herself for not picking up drinks on the way back. That was easily remedied though, because Bast had an automated grocery store system. All one had to do was use the app to select their items and a flying robot would drop off the order. Hot and cold storage boxes were on the balcony for delivery in case the purchaser wasn’t at home. Her order consisted mostly of mineral water, beer, wine, coffee, and assorted cheeses. She had been to a Wakandan wine festival once and fell in love with their cheese variety. As the fight interviews were coming to a close, the color commentator suggested that the reigning champion might be an odds on favorite for defeating Tchalla at the next trial challenge. Carol told the TV to scan through channels. News, technology shows, Wakandan history specials, and competition sports of all kinds dominated the selection. Curiously, she noted that there was a mild presence of anime and Korean dramas. She settled on on of the sports channels that featured rally racing. It had become a popular sport due to the need for quick reaction time, good training to become a fighter pilot many believed.

A few hours later a parcel arrived on her balcony. Inside was a dress with a note attached. It was from HPG and simply said, “In case you didn't have one”. She was both insulted and impressed at the same time.

“He must have jumped through a lot of hoops to get a Chanel dinner dress to another planet in less than a day” Carol thought.
   A choice between throwing it off the balcony or in the buildings reclomater raced through her mind. A third thought occurred to her before she could do either.

“Tchalla might there” she thought.

He had messaged her, so he probably knew of the party and would attend as the Wakandan representative. She went to the bedroom and tried the dress on. Low neckline, open back and a size too small. However, the smaller size did show off here impressive figure. Henry had made a mistake by not sending matching shoes.

“Typical men”, she thought, “Never focusing on the accent pieces”.

Carol saw this as an opportunity to go outside for a little while. She taxied over to the shopping district where only a handful of stores that catered to Western dress styles existed. She found a store that sold women shoes on a side street. There was only one salesman on duty, a tall black man with a mustache and large beer belly. When he welcomed her she noted an American accent. He explained that he was working in a Chicago mall at another women's’ shoe store when he heard about Bast. He submitted a business application citing being and export in the field. He was surprised  it was accepted and allowed to open a store because it filled a niche market. The store had model shoes on display and could 3D print any, selected to fit the customers’ size. Copyright laws kept him in business and was astonished at the amount of traffic he got.

After stopping for lunch Carol returned home. The reception would begin in a few hours so she decided to take a a nap. An hour before the party she awoke and took her time getting ready. She was fashionably late to the party and caught everyone's’ attention as she walled across the hall. Greeting people in turn she finally stopped when she reach Everett who was speaking to the dignitary from Russia. As the night continued Henry joined Carol and Ross taking a few moment to admire the dress he sent.

“Perfect fit” he said.

“You forgot the shoes” she retorted. “If you thought I didn’t have a dress, why did you assume I had shoes”?

“An honest mistake”, he answered while smirking smugly.

General Ross had joined them later, already in a foul mood.

“All these people car about is land, land, land...” he said under his breath. “Oil, lumber and minerals are the only topics I have with the security council delegates. Its all they can think of. They think because I’m in the ‘Cape’ community, I can get them an inside deal. Then when I do my check-ins with Washington, its the same, plus endless questions about military readiness and when will Wakanda attack. Watch you ass around these jackals Captain, they’ll try to corner you as well.”

Ross retreated to the bar for whiskey, turning slightly red as he left. Henry took the opportunity to chime in and ask Carol for her assessment. Before she could answer, two Wakandans with shaved heads entered the room. Carol recognized the purple sashes worn under their dinner jackets as Royal Bodyguards. Carol adjusted her dress giving considerable attention to her chest area. E. Ross adjusted his tie and T. Ross stayed focused on the bar downing another shot of Wild Turkey. Henry merely adjusted his glasses.

Carol deflated a moment later when Shuri entered the room. Not that she disliked the princess, she just had been expecting someone else. The night continued as these events typically do. Small talk, half truths, and bold face lies filled the evening. The princess didn’t stay long, just enough to glad had everyone and make people feel important. As the evening wound down Henry made his move. Placing his hand on the small of Carols’ back and commenting on the dress again, he boasted about all the maneuvers he used to get it from Earth in time. He also commented on how he preferred her old ‘Ms. Marvel’ outfit compared to her current one. Finally, he asked her to return with him to his room to continue talking about her assessment of the current state of affairs. Before she could answer, T. Ross had ‘Hulked’ out and was fighting with ‘Ursa Major’. Apparently there was a dispute over the prestige between vodka and whiskey. Carol used the distraction to slip out onto the balcony where she took to the air and headed home. She entered and let out a loud sigh.

“Tough night”?

She turned quickly, her hands filled with energy. Peter Quill was standing in the bedroom doorway.

“Well, let me tell you about my run in with Kl’rt”, he said.

End
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2021, 11:09:32 am »
This story takes place directly after the revenge story. and before the Capt. Marvel story.

Breakout   

Chapter 1

Tchalla awoke to the sound of his communicator chiming, Taku was sending an emergency signal to him. Ikiko was still slumbering on his chest for the chime hadn’t roused her because it was on a frequency that only someone with his advanced hearing could hear. Tchalla answered and asked for a status report. Taku reported that several inmates had broken out the the Panther Island prison and fled into the countryside. The prisoners included Nakia, a former Dora Milaje, Mututu, chieftain of Nakias’ village who murdered her family members as part of a religious sacrifice. A small crew of Dutch miners who were captured trying to cross the border and a dozen Skrulls including three Super Skrulls that survived the Secret Invasion. Finally a group of Nigandans, Atlantians, and Desturi were also part of the escapees.

How the prisoners broke out was still a mystery, all Taku could report for sure was that a massive power loss occurred around four in the morning followed by all the cells unlocking. Tchalla told Taku to launch the security drones and track the prisoners’ branding tattoos. Taku reported that the prison drones were busy handling the remaining prisoners that hadn’t escaped and it would take a couple of hours to patch normal drones with the prison software. Tchalla understood and would have to choose between assisting at the prison or starting the pursuit of the escapees. Tchalla decided on the former thinking that the latest security upgrades would keep the assorted villages safe. He than put on his talon necklace and with a thought donned his panther habit. He took a look at Ikiko still sleeping, retreated his mouth guard and kissed her on her exposed shoulder. With his next thought the apartment window opened and he leapt outside to find his Panther Cycle already hovering and waiting for him. He raced to the prison, the sun barley showing light on the horizon. As he passed overhead, Tchalla leapt off the bike and somersaulted into the middle of the prison courtyard. “Return to your cells” boomed Tchalla, “your debt to Wakanda has  yet to been paid”. The prisoners, a collection of Desturi, Nigandans, and Killmonger zealots stood stone still at the sight of Tchalla. Nobody moved until a zealot yelled “Death to the Panther Demon”. He charged Tchalla with rage filled eyes. Tchalla stood motionless until the man was within arms reach. The prisoner threw a running punch, but if as made of water, Tchalla effortlessly slipped through the punch and delivered a counter to the gut so hard it lifted the man off his feet. The other prisoners remained still and soon after dropped the improvised weapons they were carrying and started walking towards the cell blocks. Other rioters soon followed suit. It took a little over an hour to get all the prisoners back in their cells. Some resisted, most took one look at Tchalla and surrendered. Once all was settled, Tchalla met with Venom, the warden of the prison, a former adversary of the King from what seemed like a lifetime ago. But his friendship with Taku gave him a second chance at life. The two shook hands, but Tchalla skipped the pleasantries and demanded to know what happened.

“The systems are coming back online now”, said Venom, “we will be able to review the logs momentarily”.

Moments later all the systems had rebooted and the two combed through the files around the time of the outage. Venom found the data first as he was used to looking through the logs. The logs revealed that the outage occurred due to in irrecoverable short in the power section of the prison.

“Pull up the surveillance of that area”, said Tchalla.

Venom did as instructed and the pair watched as two guards who appeared to be intoxicated stumbled into the breaker room and caused a cascading series of failures. Tchalla sighed heavily. Venom looked clearly embarrassed.

“At least it wasn’t some AIM or Hydra plot”, said Tchalla. Venom just nodded nervously. “Find those two and send them to the Judiciary building. The legal A.I. will figure out their punishment”.

“Yes my King”, answered Venom.

With that Tchalla decided to leave the prison and contact Taku for an update. Taku reported back that he had one drone that had found the escapees’ signal.

“The bad news my King, they’re in Nakias’ village”.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2021, 02:45:56 pm »
These are fun reads. You definitely have a talent for this cville and the pacing is good

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2021, 03:55:37 pm »
>>>CvilleWakandan

This writing contest should provide you and the rest of HEF's best writers a challenge;  lost a week or two of time should you decide to enter this contest:

The Medium Writers Challenge

The deadline to publish your work is August 24, 2021. The four finalists and grand prize winner will be announced by September 21, 2021

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2021, 03:59:33 pm »
Thanks guys. I have this coming week off of work so I'm going to try and type out rest of this story by Friday.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2021, 04:06:20 pm »
>>>CvilleWakandan

T'Challa would allow Nakia to be punished and sent to prison?   

...and she's considered Dora Milaje?   :)

Interesting.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2021, 05:06:10 pm »
>>>CvilleWakandan

Interesting.

I using the version from the Priest run. All the stuff she did as Malice would at minimum land her in a cell. Lol
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2021, 05:17:21 pm »
>>>CvilleWakandan

Interesting.

I using the version from the Priest run. All the stuff she did as Malice would at minimum land her in a cell. Lol

Oh... O.K.

Was thinking of the movie version of Nakia.  :)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2021, 06:39:55 pm »
Chapter 2

Nakia awoke first when the power went out. She sat up and assessed the situation the way her Dora Milaje training compelled her to do. Moments later when her cell opened she convinced herself that Tchalla had abdicated the throne and was on his way to rescue her. When that didn’t happened she feared the Weather Witch had come to claim her life because she loved Tchalla more than some mutant unworthy of the King of Wakanda. More time passed, then she heard her fellow inmates beginning to stir. She leapt up and was about to attack when she heard explosions and inmates yelling all over the prison. When Mutt passed by her door he spat on the floor to avert bad luck.

“To think I was sharing a cell block with you”, he said. “The Popobawa responsible for my current situation”.

“What did you call me murderer”, she hissed back, “you murdered my entire family you bastard”.

“Someone had to erase the stain you wrought over our village” he countered, “with their sacrifice, the rains returned Bast be praised. If only Tchalla understood, too much Western influence, from his Southern mother no doubt.”

“Speak ill of my beloved or his mother” Nakia barked, “and I’ll cut you tongue out wizard”.

“Should the two of you really be using this time to fight”, came a voice from another cell. “It’d be better for you to make your escape”.

Nakia and Mutt looked into the cell and saw the Reverend Achebe sitting quietly on the floor.

“Just my luck” said Nakia, “two of the worst men I’ve ever met in the same place.”

“Speak not to me” said Mutt, “your face and your god have no right to be near me. Why Tchalla lets outsiders breath Wakandan air I’ll never understand”.

More prisoners gathered in the cell block. The prisoners, a collection of Skrulls, Atlantians, Desturi, and Dutch geologist talked among themselves. Achebe repeated his earlier statement that now would be a good time to leave. The prisoners considered his words just as two guards entered the cell block.

“Back to your cells”, they shouted, but before they could raise a weapon, the Super Skrull shot them with a concussive optic blast.

“The old man is right” said one of the Dutchman in accented English. “I want to leave, but where would be go, the boarder is kilometers away and we have no means to get there.

“I will return to my village”, said Mutt. “I’m sure my people have missed me these past few years”

“Nobody misses you” snarled Nakia. “Nobody protested when Tchalla dragged your from the village”.

“They merely respected their King as I do”, Mutt retorted, “but when I return, I will be greeted with open arms”.

“This is good news”, said one of the Dutchman. “We can all hide in your village until…,”

“Anubis will mummify me alive before an outsider steps into my village”, Mutt interrupted.

“You think Tchalla will let you go like nothing happened” a Desturi said. “You need as many allies as you can get. The Desturi moved closer to Mutt and whispered in Wakandan. “It’s good to have disposable assets on the journey. If security forces come for us on the road, they’ll be more likely to  go after them first.”

Mutt thought about that last sentence for a moment, then with a flare of drama invited everyone to join him.

“We’ll need more distractions”, the Desturi said returning to his comrades. “Go to the other cell blocks and round up ten to fifteen more people” The other Desturi left without a word while the other prisoners gathered their personal effects from their cells.

Nakia led the way out. Having been a Dora, she knew the layout fairly well. It only took ten minutes to get to the motor pool, dispose of the the guards, and steal three electric vehicles which included two large jeeps and a troop transport truck. The transport truck was occupied by the Atlantians and the inmates the Desturi managed to round up. As the left, they headed in the direction of Mutts village. It would take a few hours to get there using the unpaved roads of the countryside. The last road improvement project that been in the early 1700s. By the middle of that century Wakanda had developed electromagnetic resonance and were able to get their vehicles to float through a combination of alchemy and physics. Early models didn’t travel as fast as land based vehicles, but an environmental group lobbied the BP of the time to pursue the move eco-friendly developments.

The sun had completely risen by the time they reached Mutts village. He got out of the lead jeep first, threw his hands up, and praised Bast for his liberation. He proudly walked through the village entrance and approached the largest building in the area which was the town community center. He quickly noticed the electric lights and machinery that dotted the landscape. He felt a moment of vertigo from thinking about what had become of his village. When he was chieftain, he never accepted the technological advances that the Golden City periodically offered. He and his forefathers felt that Wakanda was at its’ best when sticking to its’ original traditions and only advancing as the natural world would allow. As he looked around he noticed a decided absence of the villagers. By now the other prisoners had disembarked the vehicles and were looking for food and fresh clothes. Mutt entered the community center and at the central dais was an older man sitting in a wicker chair. Mutt recognized his a one of his former students.

“Where are my people” Mutt demanded.

“Out of your reach” responded the old man. “Our cameras picked up your jeeps a few kilometer away. The villagers evacuated because the nearest security force could not get here before you would arrive. Many wanted to stay and fight, but the analysis of your ‘friends’ showed a few of them to be the shape shifters. I had them use their emergency teleport...”

“Teleport” cried Mutt. “You stained their souls with unnatural silicon magic?”

“I made sure your brand for leadership never harmed another. We lived in peace until you and the neighboring chieftain started bickering about old slights. Even when Tchalla offered to mediate, you insisted that unless Tchalla took a wife from our village, there could only be war. Then the other chieftain insisted the same and Mamadou Falls’ Dora Milaje was the only solution our wise King could generate. Then the worst day in this village history…”

“I know what happened” interrupted Mutt. “I used tradition to solve a problem one of our citizens started”.

“You used pre-Wakandan tradition” countered the elder, “from our ancestors hunter gatherer traditions, before the wisdom of Bashanga.”

“It mattered not”, said Mutt, “the rains returned”.

“If you had let the science division install the water reclamation system, there wouldn’t have been a need for….”

The two men continued arguing for several minutes. Meanwhile the other prisoners filled their bellies and Nakia walked to the grave marker of her family. It was the first time she had seen where their ashes were laid to rest. As she said a prayer to Bast a loud cry was heard. She rushed to the scene to see Mutt standing over the body of the eldrman, a blood stained bone knife still in his hand.

“Murderer” she cried out. But before she could move, one of the Super Skrulls impeded her path.

“Now is not the time” said a Ducthman, “security forces will know where we are soon.”

“Not soon enough” said Mutt. He turned over the wicker chair and pulled back the carpet to reveal a hidden door. The door hid a small collection of bone necklaces and bracelets.

“Each of you put one on” commanded Mutt. “These will link you to me and I can use Earth magic to hid us from their technology.”

The others did so hesitantly. Then Mutt cast the spell. As they exited the building, a military falcon jet was hovering overhead.

“I guess cloaking doesn’t matter if they can see us with their eyes” Nakia said sarcastically.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2021, 05:13:29 am »
 This is GOOD, my friend! I enjoyed the read, the creative POV, the fleshing out of Nakia's personal history and background; etc. I have more thoughts to share, but I have to handle other matters now. I will be back today or tomorrow.

This brief piece is a bajillion times btter than the reprehensible drivel of turnCoates, and a very welcome change. I hope the new BP scribe doesn't disappoint.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2021, 08:15:33 am »
I appreciate it.

I think Ridley will do fine. I've some of his books to prepare and I haven't seen anything to suggest he is a bad comic writer.

Chapter 3

Tchalla hopped onto his Panther Cycle just as the Falcon Fighter reported seeing the prisoners. Tchalla connected himself to the planes’ comms and instructed the pilots to try non-lethal weapons first. The pilots acknowledged, but seconds later the planes’ targeting computers could not establish a lock on them. A moment later burst of hot plasma and energy beams headed towards them. The shields held, but rocked the vessel enough that they needed to avoid getting hit by too many of the same attacks. The pilots heard Tchalla say he was on his and try to keep them pinned down with suppressive fire. The pilots did their best, but three Super Skrulls proved to be more than they could handle. Eventually the were shot down allowing the prisoners to escape. The pilots lived and saw  falcon and vulture jets arrive and pursue the prisoners.

Tchalla arrived minutes later and approached the pilots who were sitting next to their downed plane. They gave him a more detailed explanation of what happened.

“Rest for now” said Tchalla, “you did your best.”

“We do not wish to detain you may King”, said one of them, “you should join the pursuit”.

“No”, replied Tchalla. “First I need to figure out why your computers couldn’t target them.”

Tchalla called Taku and asked for an update. Taku reported that the two pursuing jets had similar targeting issues and were taking fire from the Super Skrulls. Tchalla was about to get on his bike when he smelled the distinct sent of fresh blood on the wind. When he tracked it to its’ source, he found the elderman in a pool of blood. Taku dispatched a medical transport and forensics team. While Tchalla waited he assessed the scene using his enhanced sense. He distinctly smelled Mutt and Nakia as well as the Atlantians and Nigandans. Altogether he was able to distinguish roughly twenty separate scents. He also noticed the open door in the floor. He retracted his gloves and ran his fingers through the dirt. His heightened instincts and mystical training from the previous years told him that powerful magical items had once been stored there . The King now knew why Wakandan tech was unable to locate or target the prisoners.

Chapter 4

The Skrulls continued their assault on the two fighter jets that were pursuing them, but were unable to score any direct hits. Similarly the jets were unable to achieve a lock and only shoot plasma bolts that the jeeps were able to avoid.

“We should split up at that fork in the road” said one of the Dutchman, “Which way should we go?”

Nakia spoke up first. “The left fork goes to N’Jadaka city, the right goes to the Great Mound.”

“To the right then” said a Dutchman. “Lets make this escape profitable.”

“No” said Nakia, “we can hide in N’Jadaka city. I know a Vibranium smuggler who operates out of a nightclub there.”

“Nightclub”, said Mutt? “That damn Killmongers’ influence. Thank Bast for choosing wisely and putting him in a comma when he tried to eat the sacred herb.”

A random burst of plasma strafed the drivers side of the jeep. The Dutchman reached for the radio and contacted the troop truck, telling them to go right while the two jeeps go left, assuring them that both planes would pursue the jeeps since they were the more dangerous prisoners. However, as they split, so did the fighters. The troop truck that went right only got about a kilometer before Mutts magic wore off. He hadn’t mentioned that you have to stay within a certain proximity of his bone necklace for his spell to work. The vulture fighter achieved target lock and fired a charged particle missile. It exploded under the rear of the truck causing it to flip over. The vulture fighter circled the wreckage like its namesake waiting for any prisoners to stir.

The other group managed to get several solid hits in on the pursuing falcon. It didn’t go down, but it could no longer pursue. When it was out of sight the prisoners pulled off the road and ran into the jungle on foot.

“The trucks are too obvious” a Dutchman said. “How much further to N’Jadaka city?”

“Its at least ten more kilometres,” replied Nakia.

“And how far to the Mound from here”, another Dutchman asked?

“From here, at least twenty-five kilometres”.

The three Dutchman talked among themselves. A moment later they said they would make the trip north. Nakia was about to object, but Mutt cut her off with a look. He stated it was a good idea to divide their forces. He took some tree bark and sap and rubbed them in his hands until a paste was formed. He whispered some words over it and smeared the paste on the three mens’ forehead.

“This will allow you to stay hidden once we part ways” said Mutt

“You didn’t give this to the truck that turned right” a Dutchman said.

“No, they’re probably captured or dead by now. It will help keep Tchalla busy”.

The remaining Nigandans and Desturi looked at each other apprehensively, but said nothing. Nakia broke the tension.

“We are going to have to run to N’Jadaka city,” said Nakia “I know a way through the waste disposal system. Anyone who can’t keep up should have this bastard apply the paste to them now.”

The Nigandans spoke up saying that they will try to get to the Wakandan border and would like the chieftains application. Minutes later the group broke into three smaller groups. The Dutchman headed north, the Nigandans headed south-west, and the rest headed straight south.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2021, 09:33:22 am »
Well done! This is so good cville. Excellent pacing, great development and intrigue, and I like how the story is believable on how we see the genius of T'Challa being put to the test by the magic of Mutt. This has been a great read and I can't wait to see what comes next

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2021, 08:27:30 am »
This was a really good read CvilleWakandan. Your narrative and pacing are well received and you did a remarkable job in giving each character their unique and true voice, particularly in chapter 2. I really appreciate how succinct you are while maintaining depth and involvement. Well done.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2021, 11:26:18 am »
Thanks for reading.

Chapter 5

It was mid afternoon by the time Tchalla arrived at the abandoned vehicles. By this time a nation wide alert was sent out and most villages had their defenses in place. Vultures, Raptors, and the latest transforming Prowlers were on patrol, but Mutts magic meant they had to be spotted by human eyes. The only ones that didn’t were the mute zones and extreme traditionalist villages. His new Dora guards where with him having joined him at the site of the overturned troop transport truck. All were still alive except for the Atlantians whose aqua breathers shattered in the crash causing them to suffocate. Tchalla texted Shuri to contact Atlantis to inform them of the mens’ death. He remained until the last prisoner was loaded onto the transport. The three then began to search for the other group along the path that was last reported by the Falcon.

At the jeeps he saw the tracks leading into the dense jungle. He followed them until the scents seemed to split into three separate directions. On the open planes Tchallas’ cat like senses would be enough to track them easily, but in the mid day heat and dense jungle with all the plants and animals it would be more difficult. He made the decision to change his habit into its’ light hunting form. The mouth and jaw region retracted, small wholes on either side of head opened to expose his ears, and the sleeves retracted allowing his arms from the shoulder to the wrist to be exposed. The souls, balls and toes of his boots retracted too. If he added the cape it would be his ceremonial hunting habit that he wore for the national celebrations of the summer and winter solstices. Once all the adjustments were made he felt as one with his surroundings as if Wakanda had opened all her secrets to him. The prisoners scents were more predominate than at any other time that day to him. He determined that the most dangerous group was heading south which he decided he would track alone. He told the Dora to head north, hypothesizing that the Dutchman would be heading for the Great Mound. For the Nigandans he contacted Taku, asking him if he was up for a hunt. Taku laughed and said he would gather his bio-mechanical hunting dogs and pick up their trail from the southern most access point for techno-organic jungle. With the decisions made, Tchalla ran through the jungle in pursuit of his prey.

Two Desturi were resting under a large tree. The had been able to keep up for the first few kilometers, but quickly fell behind. They decided that after resting they’d head west towards the Mute Zones. It would take a full day to walk to the nearest one, but they felt confident because Mutt had added his paste to them. One of the men said he was going to relieve himself in the bushes. The other waited for several minutes and began to call his names. There was no return response. Walking gingerly, he walked in the direction the man entered the bushes. Pulling back the branches he saw the man laying unconscious, his pants still down. He turned to run and came face to face with the King of the Wakandans. He turned again to run, but darkness soon overcame him as he lay unconscious on the jungle floor. Tchalla covered them both in Shuris’ restraint putty and called for a transport for the pickup location. He then continued his trek through the jungle, eight scents still freshly on the wind.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2021, 05:41:44 pm »
This chapter is a bit seedier, so avert the childrens' eyes. lol

Chapter 6

The group arrived at N’Jadaka City in the late afternoon. Nakia was good to her word in that she knew a secret way into the city. N’Jadaka City was mostly subterranean. It had been built that way because Killmonger had his secret base built under beneath his home village in the early stages of his first attempted coup. After he failed, the villagers decided to expand on that in his absence and while there was a small modern looking city above ground, the real city was below. For all intents and purposes it was a large shopping mall. Several floors of shops, bars, clubs, and entertainments ranging  game arcades, movie theaters, and virtual golf. There was even rumor of a red light district. There was no formal rules against prostitution, but no Wakandan women or man would sign up to be one. The rumor was that the businessmen staffed there stores with Life Model Decoys of all races, skin-tones, and sexes. The most powerful of these businessmen was Killmongers’ cousin N’Katanka. A portly man, he was at the center of a large LMD, Vibranium dust, and gambling operation. It was in his establishment “Vibranium Stacks” that the escapees now found themselves.

“Consider yourselves my guest” N’Katanka said, “you all can stay here until nightfall, then my people will smuggle you west on the river. But you can’t go outside or on the club floor. Tchallas’ trade deal with Moses Magnum has made him a lot of friends here who would gladly turn you in to gain his favor.”

“But not you”, asked Mutt?

N’Katanka cracked a wide smile. “This lady here”, gesturing toward Nakia, “is the only persons’ favor I seek to curry. Speaking of which, we need to head up to my office to talk business”.

Nakia and N’Katanka left the others alone and went to his office upstairs. “I can get into a lot of trouble for this if they find you here. And you still owe me for that last shipment of your seduction perfume”

“Do you have any left.” asked Nakia?

“Afraid not” he replied. “When I heard you were in jail, I diluted the formula and sell it as an aphrodisiac all around the country. I don’t have any of the pure ingredients on hand” N’Katanka moved closer to her. “But you don’t need that for me”, he said smiling. “Why don’t you get out of those jungle soaked clothes and take a steam shower.”

“Only if you join me” Nakia said turning towards the shower. “Convenient that the shower, bed, and office are all in the same room” she said undressing.

“I always thought so”, replied N’Katanka.
Reggie Hudlin-