Author Topic: Voice your Opinion "SMALL WORLD!!!"  (Read 21166 times)

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
Re: Voice your Opinion "SMALL WORLD!!!"
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2007, 06:17:18 pm »
When Black Panther first appeared in the FF his country had laser cannons along its border defenses.
That's my two cents.

Nuff said

True, but that was 616 Panther.  This is Ultimate Panther.  Different dude.  Different Wakanda.  I'm not defending some of the choices the Ultimate creators made, but I think it's unfair to compare this Panther with the 616 one.

I'm aware of that,bruh,and never misconstrued the two.But my point about the lack of "in-story explanation" about the vibranium tipped spears and the complete ignoring of high-tech weaponry that was utilized to drop the invaders in the first place (or am I wrong about that? Didn't the Wakandans SHOOT DOWN the aliens?) being deployed against THE ULTIMATES when they came to Wakanda.Weren't the Wakandans using spears and whatnot against IRON MAN?

My reply wasnt necessarily directed toward you, Supreme.  It was mostly directed at the posters who were disappointed that the animated Ultimate Panther wasnt like 616 comic book Panther.

Granted. But then why are all the other heroes in the Ultimate Avengers movie competent and able to throw down? Even though it is a different universe they aren't that much different then the ones in the 616. Wakanda and T'Challa are weaker in character than all the other Ultimate universe characters.

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2007, 06:23:41 pm »
This is just another in a Looooooooonnnnng line of things that Make Me Detest and Despise the Ultimate Universe even more.

If the Ultimate Comic book Version of T'Challa is just like the little Weak @$$ Movie Version of T'Challa then I won't be picking up the Ultimate Avengers Comic Ether.

I HATE the Ultimate Universe >.<

I think the Ultimate 'verse sucks a@# too. I REALLY hate the Cap America. To me, he is arrogant bully. This is not the man that would inspire the ideals of America in me nor would I follow him into battle. The Cap of the 616? Though he is still a soldier, he doesn't follow blindly his orders and when he sees the true ideals of America being perverted he does something about it. He is strong, a soldier and if that character were real he would inspire me. I'd follow the guy into Mephisto's lair with only a rock in my hand if he asked.

Offline voodoochild

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2007, 08:23:38 pm »
When Black Panther first appeared in the FF his country had laser cannons along its border defenses.
That's my two cents.

Nuff said

True, but that was 616 Panther.  This is Ultimate Panther.  Different dude.  Different Wakanda.  I'm not defending some of the choices the Ultimate creators made, but I think it's unfair to compare this Panther with the 616 one.

I'm aware of that,bruh,and never misconstrued the two.But my point about the lack of "in-story explanation" about the vibranium tipped spears and the complete ignoring of high-tech weaponry that was utilized to drop the invaders in the first place (or am I wrong about that? Didn't the Wakandans SHOOT DOWN the aliens?) being deployed against THE ULTIMATES when they came to Wakanda.Weren't the Wakandans using spears and whatnot against IRON MAN?

My reply wasnt necessarily directed toward you, Supreme.  It was mostly directed at the posters who were disappointed that the animated Ultimate Panther wasnt like 616 comic book Panther.

Granted. But then why are all the other heroes in the Ultimate Avengers movie competent and able to throw down? Even though it is a different universe they aren't that much different then the ones in the 616. Wakanda and T'Challa are weaker in character than all the other Ultimate universe characters.

I would guess that it's because movie Ultimate Panther is something of a rookie.  Wakanda may be weaker than 616 but they are the only country that successfully fends off the invasion.  Actually, The Ultimates and the 616 Avengers are a lot different.  Ultimates are harder edged and morally ambiguous.  More real world-ish if you will. 

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2007, 07:44:06 am »
I like most parts about the Ultimate verse.  I love Cap because he seems more real to me.  Something always struck me odd about an American WWII supersoldier not willing to kill.  The one thing I hate is Luke CAge.  They did him wrong and that sh*t is unforgivable.  Other than him though I have so far like the Falcon and Misty Knight.  I think the Falcon is actually better than his 616 counterpart.

One thing we have to consider as well is that Black Panther have not been introduced in the Ultimate verse so this movie isn't necessarily reflective of the the comic universe.

GrimSkill

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2007, 07:59:36 am »
I like most parts about the Ultimate verse.  I love Cap because he seems more real to me.  Something always struck me odd about an American WWII supersoldier not willing to kill.  The one thing I hate is Luke CAge.  They did him wrong and that sh*t is unforgivable.  Other than him though I have so far like the Falcon and Misty Knight.  I think the Falcon is actually better than his 616 counterpart.

One thing we have to consider as well is that Black Panther have not been introduced in the Ultimate verse so this movie isn't necessarily reflective of the the comic universe.

Just like I said before,if he ends up Sucking as hard as his movie counter Part, his comics will be another one of ALL the Ultimate comics I won't buy.The Ultimate universe is just so Crapply done,If something is not broken please don't try to fix it Marvel >.<

Come on,Giant man is a wife beater now?(And did you see how they Changed his wife to an Asian woman so it can somehow be ok for him to beat her now in this Universe >.<)

Hulk only wanted to be the Hulk so he could impress his wife??

Venom is now a drug suit you put on over your body that Drives you crazy?

Green Goblin is a huge brute monster?

Good God The Ultimate universe sucks.....

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2007, 10:45:46 am »
Come on,Giant man is a wife beater now?(And did you see how they Changed his wife to an Asian woman so it can somehow be ok for him to beat her now in this Universe >.<)

Wasn't he a wifebeater in 616?  And Cap taxed him immediately.

Hulk only wanted to be the Hulk so he could impress his wife??

He wanted to be Hulk because everybody took a piss on him throughout the whole story.

Venom is now a drug suit you put on over your body that Drives you crazy?

Oh and the convoluted 616 origin is sooo much better

Green Goblin is a huge brute monster?

In contrast to the Demented Santa's Elf in 616?

Good God The Ultimate universe sucks.....
So does the regular universe, it just has a better Panther
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

GrimSkill

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2007, 11:19:05 am »
Wasn't he a wifebeater in 616?  And Cap taxed him immediately.

He was already a wife beater? So the Ultimate Universe just Copied a crappy Story? ::)

Good Job Ultimate Universe for keeping crappy consistency

He wanted to be Hulk because everybody took a piss on him throughout the whole story.

A Geek being picked on and wanting to be stronger story...like we have not seen THAT one before ::)

The wife making him feel like crap was a new spin tho still very Corney and weakly written.

Oh and the convoluted 616 origin is sooo much better

Hmmmm Alien from outerspace that takes over and feeds off your body making you stronger faster and meaner....

Or

Goo suit that is supposed to stop Cancer...but Drives you crazy instead.....yea

It's not hard to see which one would make a more interesting movie. :-\

In contrast to the Demented Santa's Elf in 616?

Again...

Crazy Demented Genius Santa's Elf who lobs Bombs at people,flys around on a hover craft and invents cool Gadgets and ways to off the Superhero and people close to him?

Or

Big Dumb Brute that lobs cars at people...

hmmm...

So does the regular universe, it just has a better Panther

Bull Crap, I would not Wipe my Bum with an Ultimate Comic.

616 could NEVER be as Horrible as Ultimate on it's WORSE day  :D :D :D

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2007, 02:34:35 pm »
He was already a wife beater? So the Ultimate Universe just Copied a crappy Story?

Good Job Ultimate Universe for keeping crappy consistency

The wifebeating stands as a 616 idea

A Geek being picked on and wanting to be stronger story...like we have not seen THAT one before

The wife making him feel like crap was a new spin tho still very Corney and weakly written.

May not be original, but I found it to be well told and under comic book conditions, plausible.  You bug a dude hard enough, combine that with pressure he was under and pretty soon he's gonna explode.  He just had help with a needle

Hmmmm Alien from outerspace that takes over and feeds off your body making you stronger faster and meaner....

Or

Goo suit that is supposed to stop Cancer...but Drives you crazy instead.....yea

It's not hard to see which one would make a more interesting movie.

The experiment gone wrong story would make it to screen alot faster than Spidey picking up a ball, the ball becoming a new suit, him wearing it for awhile until he has to fight it, then finally ending up on someone else story the 616 told.

A
gain...

Crazy Demented Genius Santa's Elf who lobs Bombs at people,flys around on a hover craft and invents cool Gadgets and ways to off the Superhero and people close to him?

Or

Big Dumb Brute that lobs cars at people...

hmmm...

He wasn't dumb, but he was insane.  And as the Green Goblin, Osborn was a frightening and powerful monster who knew about Peter's identity and terrorized him and his family with his crazy obsession.  I'll take that over the stupid elf with the gadgets anyday.

Bull Crap, I would not Wipe my Bum with an Ultimate Comic.

Whatever you like bro, it's your world

616 could NEVER be as Horrible as Ultimate on it's WORSE day   

Yeah it is, if not for Panther and CW, I wouldn't even bother with 616.  Almost every other 616 comic is burnt out on continuity.
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2007, 05:20:22 pm »
i'm standing up for the ultimate univers cuz i like it.
but that's just me.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

GrimSkill

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2007, 07:10:47 pm »
The wifebeating stands as a 616 idea

Which means it also still stands that the Ultimate universe did NOTHING new,which is the whole reason it was created in the first place,to do new things.

May not be original, but I found it to be well told and under comic book conditions, plausible.  You bug a dude hard enough, combine that with pressure he was under and pretty soon he's gonna explode.  He just had help with a needle

So what?

Still dose not change the fact that this has been done in countless comics,scary movies,and comedies the world over,Again The Ultimate universe fails in what it set out to do,create new things.

The experiment gone wrong story would make it to screen alot faster than Spidey picking up a ball, the ball becoming a new suit, him wearing it for awhile until he has to fight it, then finally ending up on someone else story the 616 told.

Ohhhh God,another Science Experiment Gone wrong Story ::)

I can see a Pattern here,you love things that have been done before. Thats OK,but I HATE seeing the same thing over and over again.

An Alien Symbiot from outerspace would be and IS much more interesting.

He wasn't dumb, but he was insane.  And as the Green Goblin, Osborn was a frightening and powerful monster who knew about Peter's identity and terrorized him and his family with his crazy obsession.  I'll take that over the stupid elf with the gadgets anyday.

So what your saying is he was just a weaker Version of Venom from the 616 Universe? Dang is it me or is the Ultimate Universe lacking in creating new ideas? So they just copied and pasted Venom onto Green Goblin and threw out all the Gadgets and Inventive know how?

Then On top of that changed Venom into an "experiment Drug Gone wrong" 

thats just so....Crappy

Whatever you like bro, it's your world

Correct

Yeah it is, if not for Panther and CW, I wouldn't even bother with 616.  Almost every other 616 comic is burnt out on continuity.

Thats Perfectly fine,I would rather have good long standing Stories then Non inventive/use the same thing over again but for another character/weakly written/Stories.

If they set out to do something new then thats what they should have done,I'm Not paying my hard earned Cash for stuff that has been done before in the 616 and done BETTER.

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2007, 07:27:31 pm »
Which means it also still stands that the Ultimate universe did NOTHING new,which is the whole reason it was created in the first place,to do new things.

I think of the Ultimate Universe as more of a mordernized reboot, that just something new altogether, in fact, that's part of it's charm.  The old stuff reimagined and refreshed, at least in Spider-Man's case.

So what?

So I enjoyed it  ;D

Still dose not change the fact that this has been done in countless comics,scary movies,and comedies the world over,Again The Ultimate universe fails in what it set out to do,create new things.

If it was about creating new things it wouldn't have the same old characters.  It's more of a reboot.

Ohhhh God,another Science Experiment Gone wrong Story

Reminds me of the South Park episode "Simpsons did it"

I can see a Pattern here,you love things that have been done before. Thats OK,but I HATE seeing the same thing over and over again.

If you can spare the time, read the book of Ecclesiastes

So what your saying is he was just a weaker Version of Venom from the 616 Universe?

Nope, Venom at least in the early stories was just about Peter, he only threatened the fam when Peter tried to get help.  UGG was more of an overbearing threat to everyone Pete loves.

Thats Perfectly fine,I would rather have good long standing Stories then Non inventive/use the same thing over again but for another character/weakly written/Stories.

Most of the longstanding stories have not aged well and constricted the creativity of today's stuff to the point we have stuff like "Norman banged Gwen and had kids" stuff.  616 needed to start over, and that's where Ultimate comes in.  And I like the new Nick Fury too.

If they set out to do something new then thats what they should have done,I'm Not paying my hard earned Cash for stuff that has been done before in the 616 and done BETTER.

Ultimate Spider-Man kills 616 Spidey
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2007, 09:31:56 pm »
I LOOOVE Ultimate Cap.That guy is--attitude-wise and physically--CAPTAIN AMERICA to me...just still fresh out the ice.he's still adjusting to our time.I couldn't stand the idea that 616 CAP can barely bench 800 pounds...when the vvarious bench press records range from 818 to 10015 pounds or so.Cap should be able to bench press TONS,and with relative EASE.So should BP...except BP should be FASTER than CAP,MORE AGILE,WITH SUPERIOR BALANCE,and all the other elements of the great cats: supremely silent movement,unmatched and extreme grace,cunning,unequaled leaping ability,among the most elite trackers worldwide,etc.He should have these attributes to a greater degree than CAP.One may argue that Cap SHOULD have greater endurance and strength than BP if BP has these clear advantages in attributes in other areas,but I don't think he should...

...anyway,I love me some ULTIMATE CAP.Especially how MILLAR and HITCH and CURRIE did him.If there's anything I don't quite hold with,it's how they depowered THOR to the point that COLOSSUS could wipe the floor with him.Thor should OBLITERATE Colossus and anybody else not named Hercules or The Sentry or of that ilk in direct combat.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Yaw

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2007, 10:45:03 pm »
Grimskill you obviously are missing the point of the Ultimate Universe.  IT is introducing new stories with generally the same themes while modernizing them.  Everything that you have listed as not liking has been done more "realistically" than 616.  The story of Venom was always a big convoluted mess and hard to express in any movie translation.  Little things like spidey's webshooters make way more sense.  Jessica Drew now has a clearcut origin story unlike the convoluted mess of origins that she has in the 616.  Sure the Ultimate unverse isn't for everyone but it is a new take on classic stories.  IT is not suppose to serve as an alternate reality like newuniversal, Mutant X series, Age of Apocalypse or the Squadron Supreme universe.  The stories are suppose to reintroduce  and retell the stories of the 616 characters with some of the same themes but in new ways.

Ultimate Falcon PWNS 616 Falcon.

Ultimate Galactus > than 616 Galactus.  I have always disliked that character.  Too cartoony and ugly.  Ultimate Galactus would definitely translate into a better visual media format than the 616 version.

Hopefully Panther is done in a new an exciting way when he is introduced.

Oh yeah Ultimate Storm blows. They are really trying to take the "black" out of her.  RoLos can have her in that universe.

Offline Yaw

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2007, 10:52:40 pm »
If and when they do BP, I would like them to reimage the Dora Milaje to more of a sacred sect of royal bodyguards (more than just 2) similar to some real life African female warrior groups.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2007, 10:53:00 pm »
I agree about Ultimate Galactus,but I think PRIEST FALCON drops dawgs on ULTIMATE FALCON.I loved the ULTIMATE ANNUAL though with CAP and FALCON together...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw