Author Topic: Voice your Opinion "SMALL WORLD!!!"  (Read 21172 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: Voice your Opinion "SMALL WORLD!!!"
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2007, 10:57:02 pm »
If and when they do BP, I would like them to reimage the Dora Milaje to more of a sacred sect of royal bodyguards (more than just 2) similar to some real life African female warrior groups.

I remember these sistahs,and I remember stories of other legendary Black women warriors..one of whom was an archer said to have no peer in all the land.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2007, 12:05:59 am »
Yeah, Marvel should point out the Dahomey's Ahosi (meaning 'our mothers') when critics complain about the DM.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

GrimSkill

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2007, 01:06:28 am »
I think of the Ultimate Universe as more of a mordernized reboot, that just something new altogether, in fact, that's part of it's charm.  The old stuff reimagined and refreshed, at least in Spider-Man's case.

There is nothing you can say to Justify the Ultimate Universe doing thing SAME things OVER again but more "Modern"(and not as Good as the Originals I might add) and get me to pay my dollas for it  :-\

If it was about creating new things it wouldn't have the same old characters.  It's more of a reboot.

So it was about doing the same things over again and getting money out of people who would pay for something like that?

OK I see,but I would rather stick with the 616 instead of a rehash gone wrong OF the 616

Nope, Venom at least in the early stories was just about Peter, he only threatened the fam when Peter tried to get help.  UGG was more of an overbearing threat to everyone Pete loves.

616 Venom = Big Dumb Brute who Threatened people.....Ultimate Goblin = Big Dumb Brute who Threatened people....hmmmm

Most of the longstanding stories have not aged well and constricted the creativity of today's stuff to the point we have stuff like "Norman banged Gwen and had kids" stuff.  616 needed to start over, and that's where Ultimate comes in.  And I like the new Nick Fury too.

pfft they can keep their Token Nick Fury :D

Didn't the DC Universe Change some characters around to Nonwhite folks WITHOUT creating a whole new Universe for it?

Ultimate Spider-Man kills 616 Spidey

From what Ive seen they are about the same,except of course 616 Spidey has better Villians ;)

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2007, 06:26:31 am »
There is nothing you can say to Justify the Ultimate Universe doing thing SAME things OVER again but more "Modern"(and not as Good as the Originals I might add) and get me to pay my dollas for it 

My enjoyment of them is all the justification I really need, man.  As for your dollar, like I said, that's all you

So it was about doing the same things over again and getting money out of people who would pay for something like that?

Yep, but it taking place in this time frame makes most of the storylines and origins and possibilities way different than the originals.  And you're reading the same thing over and over again in the 616 all the same.  Basically every comic tells the same story, you're not gonna find the originality you seek in those pages.  It's all about how it's done, and Ultimate does it well.

616 Venom = Big Dumb Brute who Threatened people.....Ultimate Goblin = Big Dumb Brute who Threatened people....hmmmm

Before we go any further, have you actually read the book?

From what Ive seen they are about the same,except of course 616 Spidey has better Villians

Naw, I prefer the U versions of most Spidey villains.
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

GrimSkill

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2007, 07:52:12 am »
My enjoyment of them is all the justification I really need, man.  As for your dollar, like I said, that's all you

Correct

Yep, but it taking place in this time frame makes most of the storylines and origins and possibilities way different than the originals.  And you're reading the same thing over and over again in the 616 all the same.  Basically every comic tells the same story, you're not gonna find the originality you seek in those pages.  It's all about how it's done, and Ultimate does it well.

I just don't see how Rebooting something and doing the same things over can be better then whats already been done. Might as well just stick with what has already been done,if they want me to try Ultimate they better do something REALLY diffrent and new,otherwise with these weak storylines and rehashes of things that have been done I just don't see any reason nor have the drive to pick up an Ultimate Comic :-\

Before we go any further, have you actually read the book?

Actually Ultimate Spidey is the only Ultimate Book I Read through at the comic shop every now and then,he seems the least changed in Origin out of most of the Ultimate heroes.

To bad his Villiens are so Horrible :(

And whats with the Spider girl with the brown hair hanging  out >.<

Naw, I prefer the U versions of most Spidey villains.

Yikes >.<

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2007, 12:58:42 pm »
When Black Panther first appeared in the FF his country had laser cannons along its border defenses.
That's my two cents.

Nuff said

True, but that was 616 Panther.  This is Ultimate Panther.  Different dude.  Different Wakanda.  I'm not defending some of the choices the Ultimate creators made, but I think it's unfair to compare this Panther with the 616 one.

I'm aware of that,bruh,and never misconstrued the two.But my point about the lack of "in-story explanation" about the vibranium tipped spears and the complete ignoring of high-tech weaponry that was utilized to drop the invaders in the first place (or am I wrong about that? Didn't the Wakandans SHOOT DOWN the aliens?) being deployed against THE ULTIMATES when they came to Wakanda.Weren't the Wakandans using spears and whatnot against IRON MAN?

My reply wasnt necessarily directed toward you, Supreme.  It was mostly directed at the posters who were disappointed that the animated Ultimate Panther wasnt like 616 comic book Panther.

Granted. But then why are all the other heroes in the Ultimate Avengers movie competent and able to throw down? Even though it is a different universe they aren't that much different then the ones in the 616. Wakanda and T'Challa are weaker in character than all the other Ultimate universe characters.

I would guess that it's because movie Ultimate Panther is something of a rookie.  Wakanda may be weaker than 616 but they are the only country that successfully fends off the invasion.  Actually, The Ultimates and the 616 Avengers are a lot different.  Ultimates are harder edged and morally ambiguous.  More real world-ish if you will. 

But EVERYONE is a rookie in the Ultimate verse. This comic line is starting everyone fresh with a new turn on their characters. Therefore, it seems odd that Panther and Wakanda are the only elements that come across a weak.

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2007, 02:06:09 pm »
I just don't see how Rebooting something and doing the same things over can be better then whats already been done. Might as well just stick with what has already been done,if they want me to try Ultimate they better do something REALLY diffrent and new,otherwise with these weak storylines and rehashes of things that have been done I just don't see any reason nor have the drive to pick up an Ultimate Comic

Well most of the stories they're redoing are incredibly dated as they are now.  Most old comics read like crap now, with the preaching to the audience, stiff unrealistic dialogue etc.  I find the reboot refreshing, it's not exactly the same at all.  I myself don't think Ultimates takes Avengers word for word.  Same with Ultimate Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, X-Men.  The stories may have elements of old stories, but it's much different from what I've read.

Actually Ultimate Spidey is the only Ultimate Book I Read through at the comic shop every now and then,he seems the least changed in Origin out of most of the Ultimate heroes.

Yeah, it's along the same lines, but it's much better told than the original story.  And I see what you're saying, Osborn as the Goblin was initially Hulk with a Hoodie.  But when he returned, he was more inteligent and sinister.

Yikes >.<

Well not Geldoff
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

GrimSkill

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2007, 03:47:24 pm »
Well most of the stories they're redoing are incredibly dated as they are now.  Most old comics read like crap now, with the preaching to the audience, stiff unrealistic dialogue etc.

I could say the same thing about Ultimate spidey  ;D, Drug suit that drives you crazy??

What a way to tell kids to stay off Drugs ;D ;D ;D ;D

I find the reboot refreshing, it's not exactly the same at all.

So for you it's all about continuity and thats why the Ultimate Universe works for you,OK I see

I myself don't think Ultimates takes Avengers word for word.  Same with Ultimate Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, X-Men.  The stories may have elements of old stories, but it's much different from what I've read.

Yea,switching around Villain Archetypes might mix it up for a few,but I am not falling for it >.<

Yeah, it's along the same lines, but it's much better told than the original story.  And I see what you're saying, Osborn as the Goblin was initially Hulk with a Hoodie.  But when he returned, he was more inteligent and sinister.

ill Take your word for it,I Really do Hope the ultimate Universe gets some GOOD Writers,good enough to sway me. Right now I just hope that they do not Jack up Ultimate T'Challa like he was in the movie. Until then the Ultimate Universe is Guilty until Proven Innocent with me :P

Offline bmagee

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2007, 03:58:46 pm »
I LOVE the Ultimate Universe. I just hope that when it's time for Luke Cage and BP to come out Marvel will do them justice. Luke Cage hasn't been shown, YET as far as I know. If you're talking about that Ultimate Defenders version with that black dude, it sure ain't Cage.  I used to read a lot of spiderman books til it became too boring for me so I stopped long before ultimate spiderman came out. Then I loved spiderman again reading the ultimate spiderman. I think I read just about all of the ultimate books so far and I would say I am impressed with at least 90 percent of them. Ultimate Panther from the video doesn't count because it's not out on books yet.

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2007, 04:40:00 pm »
I could say the same thing about Ultimate spidey  , Drug suit that drives you crazy??

I like that better than alien suit that just wants to be friends.  And the dialogue in the Ultimate Uni I can actually see people saying unlike the soap opera speak in the oldie comics.

So for you it's all about continuity and thats why the Ultimate Universe works for you,OK I see

Yeah, something like that.

Yea,switching around Villain Archetypes might mix it up for a few,but I am not falling for it >.<

It's more than a switch up here and there, it's a different take on old characters

ill Take your word for it,I Really do Hope the ultimate Universe gets some GOOD Writers,good enough to sway me. Right now I just hope that they do not Jack up Ultimate T'Challa like he was in the movie. Until then the Ultimate Universe is Guilty until Proven Innocent with me

I can agree with that, while I wasn't totally put off by the UA Black Panther, they oughta be smacked for giving him that costume.  Black Panther's garb is one of the coolest looking outfits ever in comics.  It's simple, it's mysterious, it's dramatic and they make THAT for the movie?  But anyway, I put Bendis under Hudlin as my fav writer and he kicks ass on U Spidey
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

GrimSkill

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2007, 03:09:47 am »
I like that better than alien suit that just wants to be friends.  And the dialogue in the Ultimate Uni I can actually see people saying unlike the soap opera speak in the oldie comics.

Far be it for an Alien Life form to want to take over your body and use it for nourishment,Lets just make it into a Drug that Drives you Crazy :-\ ;D ;D

And the way people talk in the UU is NOT all that Different from 616,On top of that it seems forced most of the time. But to each his own I Guess

It's more than a switch up here and there, it's a different take on old characters

A new take which has pretty much been done already (Hulk) Or is so far out there and goofy it just puts me off the book (Iron man...come on...a invisible forcefield suit to stop an odd type of Cancer?? ???) and then pretty much switching up their Villain Archtypes

I can agree with that, while I wasn't totally put off by the UA Black Panther, they oughta be smacked for giving him that costume.

I Believe thats a Costume Panther used to wear a loooong time Ago in the 616,but I Agree they should have NEVER Brought it back. They had him Running around looking like Cat Woman's Little Brother >.<

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2007, 03:20:52 am »
i'm standing up for the ultimate univers cuz i like it.
but that's just me.
Differences of opinion!
OH NOEES!!!111!1

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline voodoochild

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2007, 10:01:41 am »
But EVERYONE is a rookie in the Ultimate verse. This comic line is starting everyone fresh with a new turn on their characters. Therefore, it seems odd that Panther and Wakanda are the only elements that come across a weak.

No, the Ultimates aren't exactly rookies in this film.  Cap still has all of his WW2 experience.  The Black Widow is still a world class spy.  Iron Man has been around for a minute.  As a team, they might be new, but not as individuals.  Tchalla on the other hand hasn't really been active as long.  I was under the assumption that this was his first time leaving Wakanda as the Panther.  And finally, this is The Ultimates show, guest starring Black Panther.  Not the other way around.  There's no way that the creators are going to show the Panther kicking the Ultimates ass in their own cartoon! ;D

I look at the show with "the glass is half full" eyes.  Yeah, Panther was weak, he had questionable taste in ceremonial garb, the Wakandans were throwing spears, and the dialogue was clunky...but we had the Panther on the cover of a major DVD release.  The character is more high profile now than he has ever been. 

GrimSkill

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2007, 11:21:38 am »

No, the Ultimates aren't exactly rookies in this film.  Cap still has all of his WW2 experience.  The Black Widow is still a world class spy.  Iron Man has been around for a minute.  As a team, they might be new, but not as individuals.  Tchalla on the other hand hasn't really been active as long.  I was under the assumption that this was his first time leaving Wakanda as the Panther.  And finally, this is The Ultimates show, guest starring Black Panther.  Not the other way around.  There's no way that the creators are going to show the Panther kicking the Ultimates ass in their own cartoon! ;D

I look at the show with "the glass is half full" eyes.  Yeah, Panther was weak, he had questionable taste in ceremonial garb, the Wakandans were throwing spears, and the dialogue was clunky...but we had the Panther on the cover of a major DVD release.  The character is more high profile now than he has ever been. 

I see what your trying to say,But it annoys me that the Cons Outweigh the Pros in this situation so much >.<

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2007, 02:55:30 pm »
Far be it for an Alien Life form to want to take over your body and use it for nourishment,Lets just make it into a Drug that Drives you Crazy   

Far be it a man tries to cure cancer and just takes a serious wrong turn with a super suit.  Comics have always asked us to accept some ridiculous things, both Venom origins ask alot, no biggie.

And the way people talk in the UU is NOT all that Different from 616,On top of that it seems forced most of the time. But to each his own I Guess

I read quite a bit of the Ultimate Universe, and while it has alot of familiar characters and some stories are based on famous 616 storylines, but it's still a much different take than the original.  It may not be good all the time, but it's far from a carbon copy.

A new take which has pretty much been done already (Hulk) Or is so far out there and goofy it just puts me off the book (Iron man...come on...a invisible forcefield suit to stop an odd type of Cancer?? ) and then pretty much switching up their Villain Archtypes

Or a refreshing new start for classic characters like Spider-Man and X-Men (even though X-Men has been slippin a bit).  It's not without faults, but I enjoy it.
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron