Author Topic: Voice your Opinion "SMALL WORLD!!!"  (Read 21176 times)

GrimSkill

Re: Voice your Opinion "SMALL WORLD!!!"
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2007, 03:57:16 pm »
Far be it a man tries to cure cancer and just takes a serious wrong turn with a super suit.  Comics have always asked us to accept some ridiculous things, both Venom origins ask alot, no biggie.

Yikes >.<

Let me Break it down...

Aliens are Cool....But  Drugs???.....not so much

The writers should have took what they tell you in School, Drugs are no Good  :D :D :D,The Alien Origin Just makes so much more since.

I read quite a bit of the Ultimate Universe, and while it has alot of familiar characters and some stories are based on famous 616 storylines, but it's still a much different take than the original.  It may not be good all the time, but it's far from a carbon copy.

Of course,because you still have the switched around Villains in the Mix  ;D ;D

Or a refreshing new start for classic characters like Spider-Man and X-Men (even though X-Men has been slippin a bit).  It's not without faults, but I enjoy it.

And Again,Switch around the Villain Archetypes and there you have,the Ultimate U  :P

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2007, 05:34:59 pm »
Yikes >.<

Let me Break it down...

Aliens are Cool....But  Drugs???.....not so much

The writers should have took what they tell you in School, Drugs are no Good    ,The Alien Origin Just makes so much more since.

Yes, Drugs are bad, but so are aliens, I mean come on, that thing was just too damn clingy and had mental issues itself.  Alien symbiotes acting like jilted girlfriends?  Come on, that didn't make any sense, we all just ignored that cause Venom was cool a villain.

Of course,because you still have the switched around Villains in the Mix   

The change in times is the real difference
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

GrimSkill

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2007, 07:33:01 pm »
Yes, Drugs are bad, but so are aliens, I mean come on, that thing was just too damn clingy and had mental issues itself.  Alien symbiotes acting like jilted girlfriends?  Come on, that didn't make any sense, we all just ignored that cause Venom was cool a villain.

You keep Making my Points even BETTER ;D ;D :D :D

A Movie about a Clingy Alien Girlfriend would Be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much Better then a Movie about some Guy on Drugs LOL

The change in times is the real difference

Blaaa,The Change in times has happend in the 616 as well

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2007, 08:15:27 pm »
You keep Making my Points even BETTER   

A Movie about a Clingy Alien Girlfriend would Be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much Better then a Movie about some Guy on Drugs LOL

My Super Ex Girlfriend is not SOOOOOO much better than a experimental cure for cancer.
Blaaa,The Change in times has happend in the 616 as well

but the restart to present times adds a refreshing element with things starting over again.
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

GrimSkill

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2007, 08:54:44 pm »
My Super Ex Girlfriend is not SOOOOOO much better than a experimental cure for cancer.

Come on,if Uma Thurman asked if she could cling to you and feed off of you and "Bond" with you Like a Symbiot....I Doubt you would say no :-\

but the restart to present times adds a refreshing element with things starting over again.

Oh yes...the changing around of the Villains and their "Drug" Habits :D :D

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2007, 11:35:28 pm »
But EVERYONE is a rookie in the Ultimate verse. This comic line is starting everyone fresh with a new turn on their characters. Therefore, it seems odd that Panther and Wakanda are the only elements that come across a weak.

No, the Ultimates aren't exactly rookies in this film.  Cap still has all of his WW2 experience.  The Black Widow is still a world class spy.  Iron Man has been around for a minute.  As a team, they might be new, but not as individuals.  Tchalla on the other hand hasn't really been active as long.  I was under the assumption that this was his first time leaving Wakanda as the Panther.  And finally, this is The Ultimates show, guest starring Black Panther.  Not the other way around.  There's no way that the creators are going to show the Panther kicking the Ultimates ass in their own cartoon! ;D

I look at the show with "the glass is half full" eyes.  Yeah, Panther was weak, he had questionable taste in ceremonial garb, the Wakandans were throwing spears, and the dialogue was clunky...but we had the Panther on the cover of a major DVD release.  The character is more high profile now than he has ever been. 

Wait a minute... I can buy the idea of Cap having his experience from WWII and Black Widow being a master spy, but I don't believe that can be said for sure about the other Ultimate Avengers. In fact, as far as Black Widow's experience goes, we can definitely ASSUME she is experienced based on our experience with her in the 616 'verse, but this is the Ultimate Universe where everything is getting a make over. Iron Man was becoming noticeable to the public at the start of the first movie which is why Nick Fury wanted to recruit him, but I don't recall anything in the Ultimate movies saying this guy had loads of experience. That leaves the Wasp, Hank Pym, Thor (again we have to assume he has loads of experience) and the Hulk who was pretty much a non-team member other than to help trash aliens before he turned on his team mates. Irregardless of all this the Ultimate Avengers as a team are rookies as they really just got done with their adventure in the first movie.

As for T'Challa, he still had to have warrior prowess to don the Panther suit. We don't see this in the film but if we are to assume that the Ultimate Avengers were made up of experienced people, than why not assume T'Challa went through the battle of the strongest men in Wakanda to wear the Panther title? What about his schooling abroad? Not just iof the mind but of the body and fighting skills outside of Wakandan martial arts? This would all be assumptions, but I say that you have to make assumptions about all the main characters except for Cap.

Also, I don't think it would be a stretch to have Panther put a smack down on the Ultimate Avengers. After all, the movie, "The Panther's Prey" is about the Ultimates meeting up with T'Challa for the first time who rightfully should be an Ultimate Avenger himself. So it's HIS cartoon too. They just should have called it (the Panther Pu@#$) based on the way he he was portrayed. And you're still not addressing the fact that Wakanda itself was portrayed as a "backward" African nation with a few alien inspired weapons.

To be honest, I really wouldn't have been that upset, if Panther had at least got Cap back for handling him and throwing him down a building. Or even if BP had taken out each of the Ultimates one at a time as he did to the Fantastic Four when he was originally introduced in the 616 'verse. That way it would have shown me the character was well respected and prove he was a peson to be reckoned with. Frankly, it seems that the Ultimate creators are just making him out to be the tired C class hero he was in the 616 before Priest and Hudlin started writing him.

And yes, that suit they had him in was pretty bad, even if it was an older version from the 616. Give him a bow tie and he could have joined the Chipmunks Exotic male dancers. :(

Just my two piece and a biscuit.....

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 11:40:32 pm by Evasive1 »

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2007, 02:31:55 pm »
Come on,if Uma Thurman asked if she could cling to you and feed off of you and "Bond" with you Like a Symbiot....I Doubt you would say no

Don't be silly, now if it were Jessica Alba....

Oh yes...the changing around of the Villains and their "Drug" Habits 

The only thing that's really the same is Spider-Man's costume and some major characteristics of the heroes, besides that, hate it or love, the UU is very different than 616
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

GrimSkill

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2007, 04:12:05 pm »
Don't be silly, now if it were Jessica Alba....

Ewwwwwwww, Jessica used to be hot back in the Day when she had those full lips and that Booty,but not no more >.<

She is a Boney Pole Hollywood white standerd of Beauty Havin Actress now >.<

The only thing that's really the same is Spider-Man's costume and some major characteristics of the heroes, besides that, hate it or love, the UU is very different than 616

If by Different you mean Suckyer,then I Agree  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2007, 04:35:23 pm »
Ewwwwwwww, Jessica used to be hot back in the Day when she had those full lips and that Booty,but not no more >.<

She is a Boney Pole Hollywood white standerd of Beauty Havin Actress now >.<

Don't care one bit

If by Different you mean Suckyer,then I Agree     

U Spidey owns 616
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2007, 07:37:35 pm »
U.Spidey cusses too much.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

GrimSkill

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2007, 11:35:59 pm »
Don't care one bit

Gosh could we be more diffrent >.<

1) I Hate The Ultimate Universe but you Love it

2) I Hate Rehashes with minor changes,you love em

3) I Like Boobs,Hips and Booty, But you Hate ALL of that >.<

U Spidey owns 616

Maybe in an Alternate Reality where everything is upside down and Black is White and Up Is Down :-\

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2007, 01:04:55 am »
D and Grim, you guys have a difference of opinion. That's all. If you're actually having fun with all this back-and-forth, then by all means keep at it, but it doesn't seem to be generating any real points any more, and I don't think either of you is in danger of changing the others' mind.

Still, if you're enjoying banter about Jessica Alba's arse, please do continue. ;)

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2007, 07:08:02 am »
i have to agree about alba.
she was fine back in the day when she was hispanic.
but not that she's white, well, dayam...she's the same size as the olsen twins.

ugh.

give me Dark Angel jessica any day.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2007, 07:38:29 pm »
i have to agree about alba.
she was fine back in the day when she was hispanic.
but not that she's white, well, dayam...she's the same size as the olsen twins.

ugh.

give me Dark Angel jessica any day.

Like I said, I don't care, to us, she's basically a picture on the net or a movie, and she looks fly there, I haven't seen the one without the curves.
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2007, 07:42:05 pm »
Gosh could we be more diffrent >.<

1) I Hate The Ultimate Universe but you Love it

2) I Hate Rehashes with minor changes,you love em

3) I Like Boobs,Hips and Booty, But you Hate ALL of that >.<

Well once again, if that's the way you wanna look at it....
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron