Poll

Who would be a good match up for Ms. Rambeau?

Lucas Bishop aka Bishop
8 (36.4%)
Sam "Snap" Wilson aka Falcon
6 (27.3%)
Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes aka War Machine
2 (9.1%)
Scott Washington aka Hybrid
0 (0%)
Eric Brooks aka Blade
0 (0%)
Lemar Hoskins aka Battlestar
2 (9.1%)
Tyrone 'Ty' Johnson aka Cloak
0 (0%)
Elvin Daryl Haliday aka Rage
0 (0%)
Other
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Monica Rambeau aka Captain Marvel II aka Photon aka Pulsar's love interest!  (Read 39761 times)

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
I would love to see ma gurl Photon aka Monica Rambeau kick it with someone....hmmmmm who could fill those shoes? How about Lucas Bishop? She was in law enforcement and so was he. Strong minded characters, both are from big well known superhero teams. She's can become energy based and he can absorb energy. Yeah I think we have a match! This really deserves some exploration. This should be in a upcoming issue in BP and Storms adventures. Bishop would stop in Wakanda to visit Storm to catch up. Monica would come thru to see the famous couple and hit the heavy bag with BP. OH YEAH! I like the sound of this!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 10:06:28 pm by Tahdigga »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Mr. Terrific. 

Honestly, she needs someone new; none of them are right from her; but if I HAD TO pick one; Jim Rhodes.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I voted for Bishop.

Now, if he isn't currently dating that black detective (somebody help me out with that lady's name if you please), or becoming cozy with Valerie Cooper (?)....or even Sage, he would would be the most suitable suitor for Photon. This situation could get messy if Deathbird decides she wants Bishop to be her "consort" afterall and make another baby with her, but it's just a chance we'll have to take.

Falcon, Rage, and the cowardly and just all-around annoying War Machine are "elimidated". Ty Johnson is too young for Photon. Although Marvel doesn't seem to want to pull the trigger all the way on this - they did in the "Misadventures of Cloak and Dagger" some years back - it seems inevitable that Cloak and Dagger will either have to become romantically involved or have their story adjusted so that Tandy Bowen loses her power to some other female who would then become the "new" Dagger and Cloak's love interest. I don't know who Hybrid is. I am pink with embarrassment. :-[

Battlestar is powerful, but just doesn't seem to make the match.

Blade is bad by his ownself.  8)
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
I voted for Bishop.

Now, if he isn't currently dating that black detective (somebody help me out with that lady's name if you please), or becoming cozy with Valerie Cooper (?)....or even Sage, he would would be the most suitable suitor for Photon. This situation could get messy if Deathbird decides she wants Bishop to be her "consort" afterall and make another baby with her, but it's just a chance we'll have to take.

Falcon, Rage, and the cowardly and just all-around annoying War Machine are "elimidated". Ty Johnson is too young for Photon. Although Marvel doesn't seem to want to pull the trigger all the way on this - they did in the "Misadventures of Cloak and Dagger" some years back - it seems inevitable that Cloak and Dagger will either have to become romantically involved or have their story adjusted so that Tandy Bowen loses her power to some other female who would then become the "new" Dagger and Cloak's love interest. I don't know who Hybrid is. I am pink with embarrassment. :-[

Battlestar is powerful, but just doesn't seem to make the match.

Blade is bad by his ownself.  8)

Is Cloak a teenager still? Many haven't heard of Hybrid. This is a chance for me to shine some light on him.  ;)
Hybrid is the amalgamation of four of the Life Foundation Symbiotes (Riot, Phage, Lasher, and Agony) - whose hosts were killed by Scream - into a single symbiote entity.
The fused symbiote then sought out Scott Washington, an African-American man who was a Guardsman at the Vault (the prison for supervillains) lab facility.

Like Spider-Man and Venom, Hybrid has wall-crawling and web-slinging abilities, he can form his symbiote into pseudopodia or tendrils creating snares and bladed weapons.

The symbiote also has camouflage abilities and can blend in with its surroundings. It can also mimic clothing. Hybrid has a border-line warning sense and can "see" through his symbiote.

He also possesses some degree of superhuman strength. He can also detach a piece of his symbiote to send messages to his friends and allies, and he can shape his symbiote to form a membrane that allows him to glide through the air. He was also with the New Warriors for a time.

No Battlestar? How about Elijah 'Eli' Bradley aka Patriot?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 06:23:20 am by Tahdigga »

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
my first thought was Sam Wilson.
Don't know how long it would last, but sam seems so much better for her.
shucks, bishop would be too busy talkin' about his past which is her future.
that's never fun!
plus he doesnt look like the talkin' kind.

in the heat of passion, he might call her shard and that would spoil the mood.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
I had to go with The Falcon.  He seems like nicer fit for Monica than any of the others.  Bishop would love to get with her so he could use her as a power battery and the others are either too under developed, too young or both.  The Falcon's courageous, a man of his people and is strong and confident enough to deal with a woman at an omega power level.  Give the Falcon and Monica a chance!!  It's for Samica or Falton or Moncon or FalMon or oooh...Samon!! :D

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
It's for Samica or Falton or Moncon or FalMon or oooh...Samon!! :D

Just make sure that you capitalize the first initial of Monica's name in every one of your appellations. Otherwise, you could incur the wrath of the Monica Rambeau fans for not doing so.

You hit it right with "FalMon", but you slipped and became lax with "Samica", "Samon", and "Falton". "Moncon" doesn't matter. Falcon fans might not be as sensitive to seeing the part of his name in lowercase  ;)

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Dang...why do the Photon-ites have to be so sensitive? ;D

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Monica and Bishop already had a scene together fighting....it's a great start!

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Photon - sensitive...

...now you've got me associating the beauteous Monica Rambeau with the song "Sensitivity" sang by the late, great Luther Vandross. The melody brings to mind pleasant images of a relaxed Monica Rambeau dancing happily and enjoying life....no "Photon business" to distract her from the pleasantry.

If Sam Wilson happens to be able to sing like the late, great Luthor Vandross and decides to croon songs of love to Monica, then it's all over. Bishop, Battlestar, War Machine (bleh), and the rest are just sad also-rans  :)

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Rhodes hit on her (as Iron Man) and was turned down flat during Secret Wars 1.

Last I checked, Bishop has Deathbird(!) and Val Cooper checking him out.

Josiah X, maybe?

That courtship would be pretty interesting as I doubt she'd be willing to convert for him (or anybody).

Romantic battles of wills are always fun to read about.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 12:06:58 pm by Vic Vega »

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Monica and Bishop already had a scene together fighting....it's a great start!

Yeah, but weren't the fighting each other?  That's no way to start a relationship...her kicking the hell out of him! ;D

Photon - sensitive...

...now you've got me associating the beauteous Monica Rambeau with the song "Sensitivity" sang by the late, great Luther Vandross. The melody brings to mind pleasant images of a relaxed Monica Rambeau dancing happily and enjoying life....no "Photon business" to distract her from the pleasantry.

If Sam Wilson happens to be able to sing like the late, great Luthor Vandross and decides to croon songs of love to Monica, then it's all over. Bishop, Battlestar, War Machine (bleh), and the rest are just sad also-rans  :)

Then basically, we're in agreement.  Marvel must make SaMon (happy?) HAPPEN!! :D

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Rhodes hit on her (as Iron Man) and was turned down flat.

Good! Monica Rambeau's decision to allow Rhodes no play shows good judgement on her part.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Photon - sensitive...

If Sam Wilson happens to be able to sing like the late, great Luthor Vandross and decides to croon songs of love to Monica, then it's all over. Bishop, Battlestar, War Machine (bleh), and the rest are just sad also-rans  :)

Then basically, we're in agreement.  Marvel must make SaMon (happy?) HAPPEN!! :D

Just so long as it isn't "Grotty Rhodey" I'll be a happy sinjection.  ;)

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Photon - sensitive...

Just so long as it isn't "Grotty Rhodey" I'll be a happy sinjection.  ;)

You don't have to worry about that...here's how a scene with Rhodey and Monica would play out these days....

At a get together at Stark Tower...

Rhodey:  Sista!  Bringer of Light! Mother of the Earth!!

Photon:  How are you Rhodey.

Rhodey:  I am in awe of you, my queen.  Mistress of the primal forces of Nature!! 

Photon:  Thank you, Rhodey...is there something I can do for you?

Rhodey:  Umm, yeah...can you tap that white girl behind you?

:D