Poll

Who would be a good match up for Ms. Rambeau?

Lucas Bishop aka Bishop
8 (36.4%)
Sam "Snap" Wilson aka Falcon
6 (27.3%)
Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes aka War Machine
2 (9.1%)
Scott Washington aka Hybrid
0 (0%)
Eric Brooks aka Blade
0 (0%)
Lemar Hoskins aka Battlestar
2 (9.1%)
Tyrone 'Ty' Johnson aka Cloak
0 (0%)
Elvin Daryl Haliday aka Rage
0 (0%)
Other
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Monica Rambeau aka Captain Marvel II aka Photon aka Pulsar's love interest!  (Read 47433 times)

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
LOGAN!   ;)

Excellent choice! ;D

Not it's not!
Please stop lying to Marvelous!

Bishop is the man for her
!

For those of you saying Bishop is a bad choice because of his powers. Know that he wouldn't need her powers, to use his own.

Bishop's mutant ability enables him to absorb all forms of radiant or conductive energy either ambient energy or that directed towards him, and to project that energy from his body in the form of concussive blasts. Bishop can also store absorbed energy within his personal reserves.

If they do hook up, as a couple they become a team like BP and Storm. If Bishop needs help I'm sure Monica would be there to lend a hand and vice versa
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 05:15:02 pm by Tahdigga »

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
LOGAN!   ;)

Excellent choice! ;D

Not it's not!
Please stop lying to Marvelous!

Bishop is the man for her
!

YA RLY, Wolverine is always an excellent choice.  8)

For those of you saying Bishop is a bad choice because of his powers. Know that he wouldn't need her powers, to use his own.

Bishop's mutant ability enables him to absorb all forms of radiant or conductive energy either ambient energy or that directed towards him, and to project that energy from his body in the form of concussive blasts. Bishop can also store absorbed energy within his personal reserves.

If they do hook up, as a couple they become a team like BP and Storm. If Bishop needs help I'm sure Monica would be there to lend a hand and vice versa

That's all good and everything but what will happen when Aaron comes looking for his woman? Robot with scissor hands>Guy with energy blaster hands.

And it's too bad BP is taken, they could have developed a "Monica" fetish with him... ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 07:23:54 pm by Toya »
...Rassclaat.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
And it's too bad BP is taken, they could have developed a "Monica" fetish with him... ;D

Monica is a beautiful, lyrical name as most feminine names are.

The name Monica even looks good on Monica Lewisnky  ;)

LoganLOVESCallistoFOREVER,FOREVERandFOREVERMORE!!!!!

That is a love connection that MUST BE!

I propose LoCal - as in low calorie, get it?  :) - LoCal, Hooray!!!!  RoLo, Boo! Hissssss!! No Way!!!!!
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

The thing that makes me avoid this is that his powers might very well kill her.  In the BP issue, Black Panther had Monica shift energy forms quickly to prevent Bishop from absorbing her energy.  If she isn't shifting; and she hits him like she did there; she might be killed by the absorbing process.   

True, we can't say this for sure, until someone writes a story one way or another, but it is very possible that Bishop could be fatal to Monica.  (And in a fight situation; there is no way to guarntee that he wouldn't "eat" her, unintentionally.)

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

The thing that makes me avoid this is that his powers might very well kill her.  In the BP issue, Black Panther had Monica shift energy forms quickly to prevent Bishop from absorbing her energy.  If she isn't shifting; and she hits him like she did there; she might be killed by the absorbing process.   

True, we can't say this for sure, until someone writes a story one way or another, but it is very possible that Bishop could be fatal to Monica.  (And in a fight situation; there is no way to guarntee that he wouldn't "eat" her, unintentionally.)

Waitaminnit, waitaminnit, waitaminnit!!!

How is it that Bishop could kill Photon by successfully absorbing all of her power, but could not do the same to Cyclops?

Some long while back, the incomparable Mastrmynd told me of a time when Cyclops attacked Bishop using his optic blast. To the best of my knowledge, Cyclop's blast is composed of one specific form of energy. There isn't any shifting from one form of energy to another in the nature of Cyclop's power. MM told me that it was Cyclops, not Bishop, who got the better of that exchange. Apparently, Bishop was unable to contain the full measure of Cyclop's power.

Now it seems to me that Photon's power may in fact be greater than that possessed by Cyclops. How then could it be possible for Bishop to drain Photon to the point of death while not being able to do the same to Cyclops?

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
i agree with his statement.
this attack took place during the 4 issue xmen frontline stories.

and i thought cyclops was pure concussive force?
did that ever change?

either way, bishop took a full blast from cyclops and kinda overloaded him.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile

I propose LoCal - as in low calorie, get it?  :) - LoCal, Hooray!!!!  RoLo, Boo! Hissssss!! No Way!!!!!

No matter who the chick is, Logan is always an excellent choice. ;D
...Rassclaat.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Waitaminnit, waitaminnit, waitaminnit!!!

How is it that Bishop could kill Photon by successfully absorbing all of her power, but could not do the same to Cyclops?

Some long while back, the incomparable Mastrmynd told me of a time when Cyclops attacked Bishop using his optic blast. To the best of my knowledge, Cyclop's blast is composed of one specific form of energy. There isn't any shifting from one form of energy to another in the nature of Cyclop's power. MM told me that it was Cyclops, not Bishop, who got the better of that exchange. Apparently, Bishop was unable to contain the full measure of Cyclop's power.

Now it seems to me that Photon's power may in fact be greater than that possessed by Cyclops. How then could it be possible for Bishop to drain Photon to the point of death while not being able to do the same to Cyclops?

And then in another issue, Storm channels the forces of creation into Bishop (and listening to Rutog you know how much power she can dish out) and he amplies her power and feeds it to Sage who feeds it to Marvel Girl. 

So, I think there are two issues at question here:  1) absorbing and holding vs absorbing and channeling.  If he just tries to absorb and hold the energy, she could overload him; but if he is absorbing and tranforming it and firing it, then he can take a lot more.  If I remember the Cyclops' thing, he was trying to absorb and hold the energy.

And second, Monica's power levels are determined by her will.  She can generate enough power to hurt Zeus, but I don't think he every energy form has that much power, so she could fly through him in simple light form with a lot less power than she is capable of generating and that might be fatal.

Once, Monica once turned into lightning and accidently fired millions of gallons of water.  It nearly killed her, draining off (i.e., absorbing) so much energy that all that was left of her was skin and bones.

But like I said, he MIGHT BE fatal to her.  Until that issue is settled, i'd rather find someone else. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 04:42:38 pm by KIP LEWIS »

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Logan and Callisto!

Logan and Madam Web!

Logan and Agatha Harkness!

Logan and Epoch!

That's quite a harem for him. Don't you think?  :D

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile

Logan and Callisto!

Logan and Madam Web!

Logan and Epoch!

:D :D Why not? Wolvie can be gentle.

C'mon Monica has a thing for guys who carry sharp objects in their hands. And don't tell me you haven't heard of "Avengers with benefits".  ;D
...Rassclaat.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Logan and Callisto!

Logan and Madam Web!

Logan and Epoch!

:D :D Why not? Wolvie can be gentle.

C'mon Monica has a thing for guys who carry sharp objects in their hands. And don't tell me you haven't heard of "Avengers with benefits".  ;D

But does Monica have a thing for guys who are so short and furry that they resemble a hamster exposed to and mutated by gamma radiation, or so fuzzy that he looks and smells like that moldy stuff some people forget about and leave in the dark, dank recesses of their basements or cellars?

The only "benefits" old man Logan could possibly have are retirement benefits. Monica needs a young, vital, handsome, clean and fragrant man. She doesn't need some male creature who would be quite at home in any "I Was A 2,000 Year Old Werewolf" or "I Was A Midget Bigfoot With Elvis Presley Sideburns And A Bozo The Clown Haircut" movie  :D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 08:48:27 pm by sinjection »

Offline PFunk

• View Profile
LOGAN!   ;)

Excuse me but...

Hommie pleasz!!!!  You should be slapped for even posting that.

Either hook her up with that black FBI agent or get he a new love interrest (preferably someone non-powered).

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
LoMo, I like the sound of that.   :D

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

No mo' LoMo. I like the sound of that even better. However, this is by far the best! "LoMo is el' loco!"   ;)

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile

LoMo does have a nice ring to it.  ;D
...Rassclaat.