Author Topic: The Batman Movie Is Launching Its Own Film & TV Universe  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: The Batman Movie Is Launching Its Own Film & TV Universe
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 07:49:47 am »
so in this show do other cities exist? Metropolis? Star City?  How about NYC?  Miami?  Chicago?  Los Angeles?

So is this supposed to be what, exactly? a "no capes" show? Regular criminals, no Bat-villains? If this is just cops vs "regular" murderers and the mob, Falcone, eh..

I'm also concerned about the portrayals. I'm not feeling world-weary white cops anymore. We got to see that in, well, Gotham recently. Harvey and Jim. Center some different people, racial minorities in Gotham's world.

And it might as well be in the "modern" world. I'm not sure how to react to this if it's set in the 70s or 80s, if this is supposed to be "Before Batman".

Get somebody like Cheo Hodari Coker or David Simon involved as showrunners.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: The Batman Movie Is Launching Its Own Film & TV Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 10:33:53 am »
I've heard on You Tube that this series will be based on the Gotham City: PD comic series from Ed Brubaker and Greg Rucka, so I'm guessing they'll be taking on some of the non-powered or smaller villains. Jeffrey Wright has been cast as Jim Gordon in Reeves' Batman film so I could see him being on the television series as well.