Author Topic: 5 Deadly Venoms  (Read 3823 times)

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
5 Deadly Venoms
« on: April 30, 2007, 05:35:23 pm »
Not a latest flick by far but a classic. Got the DVD of of Amazon and watched it for the first time in years. This film and this group of 6 martial artist produced some of the best work ever. Man this was a throw back and looking at fight choreography in this movie was stunning. You guys have ever peeped this flick or any of the other Shaw Brothers films. It is my goal to own all 12 of the movies these guys starred in collectively.

GrimSkill

Re: 5 Deadly Venoms
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 09:07:54 pm »
i have heard of this movie a lot and would LOVE to SEE it.....maybe I can download...

>.>

<.<

>.<

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 04:42:15 pm »
This is one of my all time favorite "Saturday Morning" Kung-fu flicks. The actors in that movie would go on to make many movies for the Shaw Brothers. I think the reason this movie was so revolutionary at the time was that for some time martial arts movies had been done with actors trained to do fights for the film opposed to having actual martial artists star in the films. Today's examples of this type of practice would be movies like the Matrix and the Eraser as opposed to Blade and Spawn. Of course the exceptions would be folks like Michelle Yeoh and Zhang Ziyi who started off as ballet dancers and beauty queens who became martial artists to get into the movies and Chow Yun Fat who isn't really a martial artists but learned enough for his role to play with Yeoh and Ziyi in CTHD.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 07:31:28 pm »
This is definitely a classic, I've had the DVD for a couple of years now and I think it may be time to replace my copy! LOL  I may have worn the enamel off of the disc! 

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 07:39:02 am »
Something I've always wondered as a kid...

Why was the Toad style invulnerable and impervious to damage?

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 09:00:29 am »
I don't know good question. Despite him all ways being labled as a great martial artist, I have always had a hard time believing jean claud van-dam was a real martial artist. Wasn't his legs supposed to be registered as deadly weapons or some sh*t? ::)

Online supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 12:46:46 pm »
This is one of my all time favorite "Saturday Morning" Kung-fu flicks. The actors in that movie would go on to make many movies for the Shaw Brothers. I think the reason this movie was so revolutionary at the time was that for some time martial arts movies had been done with actors trained to do fights for the film opposed to having actual martial artists star in the films. Today's examples of this type of practice would be movies like the Matrix and the Eraser as opposed to Blade and Spawn. Of course the exceptions would be folks like Michelle Yeoh and Zhang Ziyi who started off as ballet dancers and beauty queens who became martial artists to get into the movies and Chow Yun Fat who isn't really a martial artists but learned enough for his role to play with Yeoh and Ziyi in CTHD.

Cosign
Something I've always wondered as a kid...

Why was the Toad style invulnerable and impervious to damage?

I always wondered about  that too,man,I never could figure it out.If it was COTTON INTERIOR or IRON SHIRT kung fu,yeah,I could see it...but Toad Style? Nah...

I don't know good question. Despite him all ways being labled as a great martial artist, I have always had a hard time believing jean claud van-dam was a real martial artist. Wasn't his legs supposed to be registered as deadly weapons or some sh*t? ::)

Bill Wallace wrote an article in BLACK BELT magazine some years ago when Jean Claude was still releasing movies to the theaters,and in it Wallace said that he sparred with Jean Claude.He said that Jean-Claude had legitimate skills,and that was enough for me.But hell naw to that "legs are deadly weapons" crapola,lol...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 01:00:02 pm »
Van Damme's best movie was Breakin'! LOL  Followed closely by No Retreat, No Surrender. ;D  He may have had skills, but they were wasted in the crap he released on screen.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 01:05:26 pm »
Van Damme's best movie was Breakin'! LOL  Followed closely by No Retreat, No Surrender. ;D  He may have had skills, but they were wasted in the crap he released on screen.

Blasphemy!!!

Kickboxer was a cinematic classic! Tam Po is a modern day Iago, a classic villain.

"Mai Ling..Good F*@$"

That just says it all doesn't it?  ;D

Offline jominick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 09:09:27 pm »
Blood sport, kick boxer, and lion heart was the best of Van Dam.

Online supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 06:53:07 pm »
Blood sport, kick boxer, and lion heart was the best of Van Dam.

I really like NOWHERE TO RUN and UNIVERSAL SOLDIER as well...UNIVERSAL SOLDIER II with Michael Jai was the bizness,lol.

but the 5 Deadly Venoms? ALL TIME CLASSIC.Loved Scorpion's weapons.Loved Wutang accessing 5 Deadly Venom metaphors (Stand next to walls like #4 THE LIZARD...) Loved the story...corny parts and all,lol. Just classic old skool period piece kung fu from the golden era...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw