Author Topic: RIP Chadwick Boseman  (Read 866 times)

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
RIP Chadwick Boseman
« on: August 28, 2020, 08:24:56 pm »
A hero to a generation immortalized forever on film.

Rest In Peace.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Chadwick Boseman
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 09:11:15 pm »
43 is way too young, man.

Colon Cancer is a beast. Its amazing that he was able to effectively make three movies at once considering how ill he must have been.

Condolences to his family.

Offline True Father 7

• Honorary Wakandan
  • The maker the owner the cream of the planet earth
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 12:12:56 am »
Just a year older than me. Such a great talent. Killed every role he played. EVERY single one. Hated 5 Bloods, but he was great in it. I refuse to watch God's of Egypt but saw a clip of him in it that made me almost give it a chance. Floored me in the first role I ever seen him in in 42. Surprised me with how well he nailed James Brown. The same with Thurgood Marshall and he stole the show as T'challa in Captain America Civil War and would go on to help break records in Black Panther. The sequel they should have him killed off and Shuri become the Panther cause no one can replace him. Why Chadwick though? When the f*ck is Trump gonna catch Corona and drop dead already? FOK!
"Don't count the days, make the days count"-Muhammad Ali

Offline Tanksleyd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 02:12:31 am »
Ouch....

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 10:50:28 am »
salute.... so devastating..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 12:25:23 pm »
‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler On Chadwick Boseman: ‘Because He Was A Caretaker, A Leader, And A Man Of Faith, Dignity And Pride, He Shielded His Collaborators From His Suffering”:

https://deadline.com/2020/08/black-panther-director-ryan-coogler-on-chadwick-boseman-black-panther-caretaker-a-leader-and-a-man-of-faith-dignity-and-pride-he-shielded-his-collaborators-from-his-suffering-1203027062/

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2020, 11:30:49 am »
I feel your grief, I too am mourning the devastating loss of Chadwick Boseman. Please let's not advocate for the loss of T'Challa as well! That limits the number of Black roles there are to play which does not honor what Chadwick was about. Listening to the hurt he felt when he learned of the passing of two young cancer patients who died before getting to see Black Panther, I really don't think he would have wanted T'Challa to die with him. Let's leave room for a new talent, in time.

Peace,

Mont

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 12:29:55 pm »
Fans Petition to Replace Confederate Statue With One of Chadwick Boseman in the Actor's Hometown

https://www.cbr.com/petition-replace-confederate-statue-chadwick-boseman-hometown/

http://chng.it/VnYCvzpVHq

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2020, 07:28:37 pm »

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2020, 08:36:54 am »
Awesome! Thank you brother JR!

Peace,

Mont

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2020, 03:45:34 pm »
‘Saturday Night Live’ Honors Chadwick Boseman With Rerun Of His Hosted Episode Tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzMzFGgmQOc

Tonight, Saturday Night Live pays tribute to Chadwick Boseman, the star of Black Panther, by airing an SNL repeat from April 2018.

The date marked the only time Boseman hosted the show, and came as his ascension to major movie star was in full flower. His Black Panther star vehicle was already the cultural buzz of the moment, and Avengers: Infinity War was about to cement his status. Boseman played T’Challa, the King of Wakanda, in both films.

Boseman died on August 28 after a four-year battle with colon cancer.

The above clip has become a viral sensation this week, featuring Boseman in his T’Challa persona on an episode of Black Jeopardy! The clip has more than 24 million views as of today.

Boseman is joined by Shanice (Leslie Jones) and Rashad (Chris Redd) on Black Jeopardy, hosted by Darnell Hayes (Kenan Thompson).

https://deadline.com/2020/09/snl-chadwick-boseman-hosted-episode-1234571516/