Author Topic: Film Festivels  (Read 4912 times)

Offline Ed

• View Profile
Film Festivels
« on: May 07, 2007, 09:20:22 am »
I was wondering if anyone has ever been to one or is planning to go to one? I'm thinking about going to one and I wanted to hear your opinions of Festivals. Why do you go, why you have never been to one, what was it like? Things like that.

I didn't know if this should been in the movies section or here in General so i just started it here.

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Film Festivels
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 05:47:20 pm »
It depends.
Some are strictly for industry professionals, (ie, Cannes and Sundance.)
Others like FESPACO and ABFF allow the general public to participate.
I'm an indy film buff.  Been to a few festivals. Sat on the planning committee of one.
ATL has TONS of film festivals!
My favorite:  The London Film Festival.
Least favorite:  The Shanghai International Film Festival

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 08:56:49 am »
That's cool, so you actually travel to other countries and go to thier festivals?

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 09:26:19 am »
No.  Not yet.
I attended the London Film Fest when I lived in London.  I attended the Shanghai International when I was living in South China. 

However, I'd love to travel to FESPACO in Burkina Faso or to the Monaco International Film Fest some day.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 09:40:32 am by Magic Wand »
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 09:35:58 am »
Which festival are YOU planning to attend and why?

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 10:17:11 am »
I have a movie that is appearing in the Toronto After Dark Fest. It is also premiering st the Sacramento Horror Festival. I wanted to know if people had a lot of fun going to these things because with hotels and food and stuff, it could get pretty pricey. I could go on festival message boards but they could be biased you know.

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 04:51:10 pm »
Wowee!
This is great news!
Congratulations!
What is the title of your film?

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 05:07:56 pm »
When I was working on it, it was "Handful of Victims", but the director could have changed it this past year, I should give him a call and find out.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 05:15:03 pm by Ed »

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 07:45:32 pm »
so......SPILL!
What is your role in the film?!

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 07:53:02 am »
The film is about three friends who eventually get caught up in the wrong crowd, They do drugs, rob stores, and one gets a girl pregnant. It's a scary movie because one of the friends has a cut on his leg in the beginning. I eventually gets infected and grows into something "alive".

I play the neighbor of the main character. It's about twenty minutes of screen time throughout the movie, so I'm pretty happy.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 05:37:36 pm »
I haven't been to one in years. Sorry.  :(
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 05:54:16 pm »
The film is about three friends who eventually get caught up in the wrong crowd, They do drugs, rob stores, and one gets a girl pregnant. It's a scary movie because one of the friends has a cut on his leg in the beginning. I eventually gets infected and grows into something "alive".

So it's based on a true story, huh?

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 05:56:26 pm »
I play the neighbor of the main character. It's about twenty minutes of screen time throughout the movie, so I'm pretty happy.

This is Grrrrrrreat!
Another HEF actor among us!

Yayyyyyyyyy!

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 08:07:36 am »

So it's based on a true story, huh?

Not unless people have monsters living in thier leg. ;)

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 07:51:59 pm »
HA!
Did I ever mention that I live in China?
There are plenty of people around my block with all sorts of creatures emanating from their extremities.
Please!

Доверяй, но проверяй