Author Topic: Tyrese Gibson to produce a horror film!  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Tyrese Gibson to produce a horror film!
« on: April 25, 2007, 06:41:14 pm »
Hooowaah! Read this news off from Bloody-Disgusting.com!

Hot off the action-packed summer release Transformers, internationally renowned actor and musician, Tyrese Gibson, will step into the role of producer for the new action film Condition Dead, - a no-holds barred zombie film in the vein of James Cameron's Aliens! Read on for full details on the film, which Patrick Lussier (White Noise 2: The Light) is attached to direct.

Bloody-Disgusting.com has learned that Tyrese Gibson will be producing a new action-horror film CONDITION DEAD. Crafted by tyro scribe David Davis, script fixes on an elite team of government-subsidized zombie-hunters who are mysteriously ambushed by a viscous new breed of zombie.

Cast is yet to be announced.

Clint Morris (Between the Sand and the Sky) and Rock Shaink (The Seed) will produce alongside Gibson, under the actor's HQ Pictures moniker. Genre veteran, Patrick Lussier, fresh off Rogue Pictures’ White Noise 2: The Light, is attached to helm. We'll keep you posted as more news comes in.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
Re: Tyrese Gibson to produce a horror film!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 06:49:31 pm »
White Noise 2?  Is White Noise 1 the one where Michael "Batman" Keaton made his comeback?

Rock Shaink was scheduled to make an appearance at a meeting for new screenwriters and he decided not to show up.  Classy... But I hope the movie's good all the same.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 06:53:10 pm by Mr.Wright »

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 07:12:35 pm »
White Noise 2?  Is White Noise 1 the one where Michael "Batman" Keaton made his comeback?

Rock Shaink was scheduled to make an appearance at a meeting for new screenwriters and he decided not to show up.  Classy... But I hope the movie's good all the same.

Yep. But White Noise 2 had a different cast and crew.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 05:29:34 am »
Yep. But White Noise 2 had a different cast and crew.
It also suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.  :P Seriously, my flatmate was determined to see it because it had Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Buffy) in it, and she has a sense of loyalty to anyone involved in a Joss Whedon project, but my god, that was awful. I jumped once, maybe twice, but the twists were lame, and it was confusing (not in a 'this is too complicated' way, just in a 'that makes abso;utely no sense' way).

It may have been a problem with the script, rather than the directing, but I'd be worried about Gibson getting a return on his money with this guy in charge.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 07:02:34 am »
Ouch!

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 12:10:51 pm »
LMAO

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 09:05:15 pm »
You can at least give him points for the effort.  :) It's good to see more brothers in charge.

BTW: Anybody hear of director named, Gregory M. Wilson? He directed the upcoming film adaption of "The Girl Next Door". It's a disturbing tale based on a true event. The novel was written by Jack Ketchum. The trailer is very disturbing. It will make you forget that lousy Elisha Cuthbert comedy.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 06:53:08 am »
You can at least give him points for the effort.  :) It's good to see more brothers in charge.

BTW: Anybody hear of director named, Gregory M. Wilson? He directed the upcoming film adaption of "The Girl Next Door". It's a disturbing tale based on a true event. The novel was written by Jack Ketchum. The trailer is very disturbing. It will make you forget that lousy Elisha Cuthbert comedy.

It wouldn't take another movie to make me forget that one! :D  Go 'head Tyrese...you horrified us with your acting, now it's time to do the same with producing...you gotta love a brotha who's consistent! LOL