Author Topic: Why Does Brett Favre Get a Pass?  (Read 2703 times)

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
Why Does Brett Favre Get a Pass?
« on: May 16, 2007, 12:35:32 pm »
I usually don't agree with Ms. Hill on a lot, but we DEFINITELY agree here.  There's a big front page story on ESPN about Brett Favre and IMO, he's one of the most overrated asses ever to play the game.  He had a couple of good years, stole some of Barry Sander's shine by being a Co-MVP and can do no wrong in the media.  He gets a pass for all of the foul shyt he's done and I, for one, am sick of it and him...it's time for him to pack it in and pack it up.

Packers don't owe Favre anything

By Jemele Hill
Page 2

A friend of mine came up with a great nickname for a certain Super Bowl quarterback in Green Bay, who I think perfected the free pass, not just the zip pass.

"Brat" Favre is what we've begun to call the dwindling diva, because he is again showing in the offseason why he's a member of the Susan Lucci drama club, along with Terrell Owens and Curt Schilling.

If you're Brett Favre, putting yourself on a pedestal
is so easy a caveman could do it.

Mr. 47 Interceptions over the past two seasons -- including a hard-to-top 29 in 2005 -- is in the news because he's unhappy the Packers didn't get Randy Moss, and depending on whom you believe, he may or may not have asked for a trade after the draft.

Most Packers fans seem to believe Favre has earned the "right" to complain and tell his employers how they should run the team, even though his annual should-I-stay-or-should-I-go tango is partly to blame for the Packers' current malady.

The article continues...http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/070516&sportCat=nfl

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
Re: Why Does Brett Favre Get a Pass?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 11:34:19 pm »
I been sick of Bret for years.  Remember how they were suggesting giving him the Super Bowl MVP trophy over Desmond Howard?  I love how Hill pointed out that he already had an elite reciever with Javon Walker, only to run him off, resulting in 47 picks ever since.

The only thing worse than Bret Favre's crap is the fact that everybody let him get away with it and didn't say anything until now.  I mean, he was doing this last year too, now it's a problem?
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 05:52:21 am »
Yeah, it's a problem now because he's at the end of his career.  In actuality, his career ended 5 or 6 years ago and those voters on ESPN.com that are putting him in the top 5 QBs of all time are delusional!  WTF??  Brett Favre has been overrated for a long time.

Offline Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 06:54:26 am »
He is not overrated. If you look at the clips on how he USED to play you would know he is great, but lately he needs to pick it up or retire.

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 07:40:01 am »
He is not overrated. If you look at the clips on how he USED to play you would know he is great, but lately he needs to pick it up or retire.

They say he's great now, the way he used to play aint the way he play now, so yeah he is overrated.
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 10:06:42 am »

They say he's great now, the way he used to play aint the way he play now, so yeah he is overrated.

I know how Brat Favre USED to play...I'm a football NUT and I still can't stand him.  Brett Favre is not even in the top five of his own contemporaries...let's see...he started in '92, so we have...Montana, Elway, Marino, Young, Aikman, Manning, Brady, and I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two others.  Aside from that, I HATE the way the media says "he's earned the right to______" F that!  If T.O. or Randy Moss or any other player comes out and says some of the stuff that Favre says AGAINST his team and/or teammates, they'd be vilified in the press and all over ESPN.  Why?  Because "we all" love to see Brat Favre out there having fun...I don't think so...some of us think he should take his bitter ass into the sunset.

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 10:22:19 am »

I know how Brat Favre USED to play...I'm a football NUT and I still can't stand him.  Brett Favre is not even in the top five of his own contemporaries...let's see...he started in '92, so we have...Montana, Elway, Marino, Young, Aikman, Manning, Brady, and I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two others.  Aside from that, I HATE the way the media says "he's earned the right to______" F that!  If T.O. or Randy Moss or any other player comes out and says some of the stuff that Favre says AGAINST his team and/or teammates, they'd be vilified in the press and all over ESPN.  Why?  Because "we all" love to see Brat Favre out there having fun...I don't think so...some of us think he should take his bitter ass into the sunset.

Amen, but I know Packer fans and they just drink the Kool Aid daily on this clown.  They don't even have arguments, they just love this guy no matter what.  He won a Super Bowl, he's won 3 MVPs, yeah that's great, but like you said, he wasn't that much better than most others.  He's not a in the Aikman of the real great GBs of all time no matter how you wanna spin it.  Green Bay just loves him and he loves being loved by him.  That whole sitting on his arse for months giving announcements about having no decision already had me burned out on this bum.
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline JAXN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 01:05:48 pm »
Favre is overrated..how many qbs can get away with throwing as many picks as he does? Green Bay hasn't been much of anything since Reggie retired.. Brett has been given a pass since day one..only he can not help the future qb, call out other teammates, miss mini camp, call out the organization and is still seen as a golden boy..heh, Michael Wilbon was actually defending Brett saying that it's management's fault? wtf? Somewhere TO is having a good laugh.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 06:07:24 pm »
He gets a pass but its diminishing ,the sports reporters are in love with him. If Eli threw one of those bonehead ints of his he'd be crucified.