Author Topic: PRIEST IS BACK!  (Read 4687 times)

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
PRIEST IS BACK!
« on: May 17, 2007, 01:27:58 pm »
Moses has come back from atop the mountain. Go check him out. :)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: PRIEST IS BACK!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 01:44:44 pm »
can i get a link or somethin'?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 01:51:40 pm »
can i get a link or somethin'?

Dang...whycum some folks can't use Google?? ;D

http://www.digital-priest.com/admin/weblog.htm

Offline Rasmane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 03:29:53 pm »
Back to writing comics? Back from Barbados? Back from lunch? Let's see...

Oh. Back to blogging (after a few months break since January). It's nice to get a heads up as to what we're supposed to be looking for! ;D

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 04:43:05 pm »
Good blog, I've seen some of the effects of what he's talking about firsthand
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 03:57:21 am »
Thats what kills me. To white folks we are all just paranoid and see race in everything. But what the hell else are we to think, when Priest used the exact same Cap is dead story two years ago and Marvel ignored it. Now Brubaker does it and it's on blast? Marvel is going to have to do right by priest one day. >:(

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 10:55:14 am »
Thats what kills me. To white folks we are all just paranoid and see race in everything. But what the hell else are we to think, when Priest used the exact same Cap is dead story two years ago and Marvel ignored it. Now Brubaker does it and it's on blast? Marvel is going to have to do right by priest one day. >:(

Don't hold your breathe.

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 04:26:32 pm »

Naw was marked by a controversial event that I think never wore off of him.  Being a young Black editor at the time stained his Marvel career forever.

DeFalco and Frenz were both unceremoniously and abruptly removed from Amazing Spider-Man by then Spider-editor Jim Owsley, under the orders of Marvel Editor-in-Chief Jim Shooter.

After a half-year hiatus, DeFalco returned to Marvel and succeeded Jim Shooter as Editor-in-Chief. He served from 1987 to 1994, making him one of the longest serving individuals to hold that post.

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 09:30:01 pm »
I always thought the problem was that he chose the wrong side in the Shooter/DeFalco civil war..

and DeFalco's memory was a looooooot longer than Shooter's when it came to remembering who his friends were...

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 05:14:31 am »
I always thought the problem was that he chose the wrong side in the Shooter/DeFalco civil war..

and DeFalco's memory was a looooooot longer than Shooter's when it came to remembering who his friends were...

exactly

I just met Kyle Baker this past weekend at EBACC and he made a similar comment about how he can't work with I believe its Dark Horse because of someone he had an argument with over 10 years ago.  H eforgot about the argument but apparently the guy he was arguing with didn't.  Baker said that there have be a number of occasions where someone was "influenced" into not working with him because this other person tells them not to.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 08:21:20 am »
I just met Kyle Baker this past weekend at EBACC and he made a similar comment about how he can't work with I believe its Dark Horse because of someone he had an argument with over 10 years ago.  H eforgot about the argument but apparently the guy he was arguing with didn't.  Baker said that there have be a number of occasions where someone was "influenced" into not working with him because this other person tells them not to. ---Yaw

This is why I have a tremendous amount of respect for Mr. Baker's business acumen. His ability to stay in this phucked-up comics game for so long, go independant with his own intellectual properties, copyrights, and trademarks without having to rely on someone power-trippin' on him and still be relevant.

I would be honored to work with/and or for him anyday. ;)

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 07:19:26 am »
Priest is also the man...would buy almost anything he wrote...always top notch!

Offline Gavri_El

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 02:45:15 pm »

exactly

I just met Kyle Baker this past weekend at EBACC and he made a similar comment about how he can't work with I believe its Dark Horse because of someone he had an argument with over 10 years ago.  H eforgot about the argument but apparently the guy he was arguing with didn't.  Baker said that there have be a number of occasions where someone was "influenced" into not working with him because this other person tells them not to.

See?  That's wack... I can almost see how DeFalco would keep a sword over Priest's head IF he were 'unceremoniously and abruptly' canned (which doesn't sound like Priest's style or consciousness at all)....even if it were clearly understood that Priest had no say so in the matter. Something like that would create a knot.  But what was Priest expected to do?  Get in the middle of a pissing contest and lose his job for refusing his boss' mandate? DeFalco knows damn well that he would have done the same to Priest if the circumstances were reversed.   But this thing with KB?  Cutting into a man's livelihood because of a 10 year old argument?  That's some straight up bull....   

I wonder how much of the 'Flava Factor' comes into play in these scenarios?  ::)

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 01:39:52 am »
 But this thing with KB?  Cutting into a man's livelihood because of a 10 year old argument?  That's some straight up bull....   

I wonder how much of the 'Flava Factor' comes into play in these scenarios?  ::)
McDuffie had a Milestone 10th Anniversary project canned by DC, despite the editor thinking it was the best project he'd ever been pitched, because someone at DC said they didn't like working with someone at Milestone. This stuff happens.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 02:02:25 pm »
wow.
the suckiness of the whole situation(s) simply sucks.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!