Author Topic: What if all black people (on July 28, 1847) moved to Liberia?  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Frostbite883

• View Profile
Let's say your great (whatever) grandparents and all black people have decided to take Marcus Garvey's advice and move to the african colony of Liberia back in July 28, 1847 when the country became independent?

And what would happen once all the former slaves and/or freemen arrived there?

Here's my theory on this (although I can only think of some theories here, so bear with me, folks).

Our great (whatever) parents would've have faced very hardtimes (with the local tribes, bad management, and deadly diseases).

Some of the new residents of Liberia would probably moved to other parts of Africa, either because they want to by choice, because of the overcrowding population or both.

Some years later, some blacks (who would be born and raised in Liberia) would go to America to hopefully have a better life there, instead going through the turmoil that is going on in their country.

Heck, we (as Liberians) could have a wwwaaayy different culture than what we (as American blacks) possess today.

Well, that's it for my theories.

What your theories/questions/comments on this?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 06:09:06 pm by Frostbite883 »

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: What if all black people(in July 28, 1847) moved to Liberia?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 09:44:31 am »
why would we be respected if we came to visit?

why would i want to hear "oh, u one them folks we ran off, huh?"

crap like that.

so all the black folks leave... that's gonna make white ppl love them alluvasudden?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
Re: What if all black people(in July 28, 1847) moved to Liberia?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 11:05:26 am »
Who knows...maybe we would have become the real Wakanda.  If ALL black people were there, some of the greatest inventions of the 20th Century would have been created there.  Maybe we would've overcome the brainwashing yoke of slavery to bond as a people instead of acting like "crabs in a barrel" to turn our country into a technological, social and economic super power.  Then again, maybe we would be facing the same type of genocidal lunacy that has been plaguing Darfur.

Offline Frostbite883

• View Profile
Re: What if all black people (on July 28, 1847) moved to Liberia?
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 12:12:51 pm »
I also have more theories on this...if Martin Luther King Jr's great (something) grand parents were to live in Liberia
and his parents lived in South Africa during the apartheid system in other countries in African (except Ethiopia)
then I believe Martin Jr. would experience apartheid first as a yound child and as an adult, he would still do something about civil injustice towards blacks and later on he would also fight injustice for all people.

Martin King Jr & Nelson Mandela would have met and became friends (and possibly see each other as the brother
they wish they had since birth or have a brother-like relationship with one another).

Martin & Mendela would still faced the hard knocks of discrimination and racism by many caucasians in Africa,
although he'll still be devoted spiritful man who would still use non-violence pratices to achieve the impossible
as many caucasian would see for themselves in the 1960s.

Heck, maybe Martin Jr. and other african civil rights leaders would mainly take their non-violence pratices and
civil rights protests in Cape Town.

Anyway, those are the theories I have for now.

Any questions/answers/theories of your own pray chance?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 06:15:53 pm by Frostbite883 »

Offline Jihad the Roughneck

• Thomas Sankara was the greatest!
    • View Profile
Re: What if all black people(on July 28, 1847) moved to Liberia?
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 01:04:59 pm »
Well some folks did go right and as a result the freeman thought they were superior to the native Liberians and thus turmoil. So in greater numbers unless there was some form a assimilation it would be bad unless we had some solidarity serum or something. But what if there was never slavery and we were all still home and in our soverign nations we had control of all the mineral wealth then all of continent might be like a modern Wakanda. From the pyramids to the cape!!!!
I've got bass tone, I use cologne
and I rock the funky rhymes on the microphone
RUNDMC perfection